It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 am 

juschill wrote:
I don't think the Cubs need 20 years of championships to be like the Yankees or Lakers in terms of fan interest or media interest. They are right there if not superior to those two in terms of fan base and interest and always have been.
No. The Yankees and Lakers are ahead of the Cubs.

juschill wrote:
I don't know how a new owner would be better for the White Sox while they still play in the ghetto. Unless they closed that stadium down and moved downtown (which would be less likely than the team moving to Indianapolis).
You aren't very imaginative then.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
juschill wrote:
They are right there if not superior to those two in terms of fan base and interest and always have been.

Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
juschill wrote:
They are right there if not superior to those two in terms of fan base and interest and always have been.

Ridiculous.

Yankees and Lakers aren't even on the list.

http://www.thesportster.com/entertainme ... in-sports/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:14 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:
basing their hopes on a guy who has already proven he can't hit in the major leagues.

What?

Basing their hopes on a guy dropped from the second best prospect to the seventeenth because he struck out 12 times in 19 plate appearances. And this is the hope for the future. I think they may have made the worst trade in all of human history.

19 plate appearances does not a career make.

You are an idiot.

Please do us all a favor and go drown yourself in Lake Michigan.

Will be fun to save this post when Moncada is stuck in the minor leagues or playing at replacement level and Sale has won a couple titles with the Red Sox.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
juschill wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
juschill wrote:

Ridiculous.

Yankees and Lakers aren't even on the list.

http://www.thesportster.com/entertainme ... in-sports/
That is a great website. The "15 body builders who have gone too far" and "15 current couples the WWE wants you to ignore" really legitimizes that fan base list you posted.

The Cubs aren't even #1 in terms of a sports fan base and interest in their own city.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:18 am 

:lol: http://www.thesportster.com/author/j_hughes/

Noticing a trend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am 
100000 CLUB

David Ross is going to be on 'Dancing With The Stars'

Either ABC is really searching for "Stars" or the 2016 Cubs have already jumped the shark.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:
basing their hopes on a guy who has already proven he can't hit in the major leagues.

What?

Basing their hopes on a guy dropped from the second best prospect to the seventeenth because he struck out 12 times in 19 plate appearances. And this is the hope for the future. I think they may have made the worst trade in all of human history.

You are an idiot.

Will be fun to save this post when Moncada is stuck in the minor leagues or playing at replacement level and Sale has won a couple titles with the Red Sox.

You are making a strange point. Cub fans everywhere blew off Baez's astronomical K level on his first late call up. He was still a certainty. Sox have a guy that barely had a chance to stop shitting his pants facing big league pitching and he is a bust. :lol: Sox-Cub fans... never changes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
David Ross is going to be on 'Dancing With The Stars'

Either ABC is really searching for "Stars" or the 2016 Cubs have already jumped the shark.

I can't believe he is a big enough star for a national show like that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 am 

pittmike wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:

What?

You are an idiot.

You are making a strange point. Cub fans everywhere blew off Baez's astronomical K level on his first late call up. He was still a certainty. Sox have a guy that barely had a chance to stop shitting his pants facing big league pitching and he is a bust. :lol: Sox-Cub fans... never changes.

I think you just made my point. The Sox traded Chris Sale for Baez. But the even the most insane Cubs fan never planned on building the team around Baez.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:53 am 

Yeah well I said when it was made he sounded like Baez. "Some" Cub fans here are claiming he will not be better than a career minor leaguer. Anyway, its always the same thing with the fans I get it. BTW, the trade also had other players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:

What?

You are an idiot.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:

What?

19 plate appearances? Anyway, Yoan Moncada is #2 on MLB Pipeline, #3 on BA, #5 on BP.

Are you going for the baseball shitposting throne?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:01 am 

IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:

What?

19 plate appearances? Anyway, Yoan Moncada is #2 on MLB Pipeline, #3 on BA, #5 on BP.

Going for? I think it's there. He makes The Brand look like a fucking baseball genius.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:29 am 

IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:

What?

Moncada was dropped to 17 by Keith Law. Based in no small part on his horrific performance last year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:30 am 

Keith Law is a drunk and an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
BTW, the trade also had other players.

Yes, the Red Sox did throw in some pocket change along with the #17 (and trending downward) prospect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

You're right. I'd much rather trust Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams. They clearly have the track record that shows they know how to develop prospects and a minor league system.
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 am 
100000 CLUB

juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

You're right. I'd much rather trust Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams. They clearly have the track record that shows they know how to develop prospects and a minor league system.
You claimed to be an unbiased outsider. So far, all you have shown is that you have a considerable build up of feces in between your ears.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

You claimed to be an unbiased outsider. So far, all you have shown is that you have a considerable build up of feces in between your ears.

I said I stood corrected (go back and look) and that I wasn't unbiased. I am an outsider since I root for neither team. Used to root for the Sox but no longer.

Are you saying that Moncada wasn't ranked 17 by Law? That Law is a drunk and an idiot? Are you saying Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams have earned trust? That may be the most laughable of the possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:01 am 

juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Show me where I said anything about Hahn or Williams.

All I said is that Keith Law, and by extension, everyone at ESPN, are idiots.

I'd trust BA or BP before anything from ESPN.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Show me where I said anything about Hahn or Williams.

All I said is that Keith Law, and by extension, everyone at ESPN, are idiots.

I'd trust BA or BP before anything from ESPN.

Fair enough. And, true, you did not say anything about Hahn or Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am 
100000 CLUB

juschill wrote:
Are you saying that Moncada wasn't ranked 17 by Law? That Law is a drunk and an idiot? Are you saying Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams have earned trust?
I did not say any of these things in this thread. In fact, I don't recall saying any of these things ever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Keith Law is a male, baseball analyst version of Julie DiCaro.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
pittmike wrote:

I don't think it's fair to say that Baez was a certainty until well into this past season. I believed he would succeed, but there were many who thought he was a bust, or no more than a marginal player who would have streaks of spectacular play, but lacking the consistency to be a starter.

As far as Moncada is concerned, I think he will be a star. An All-Star, who is a cornerstone. Will they have enough to put around him to have it matter? time will tell. But Moncada will be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:07 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I don't think it's fair to say that Baez was a certainty until well into this past season. I believed he would succeed, but there were many who thought he was a bust, or no more than a marginal player who would have streaks of spectacular play, but lacking the consistency to be a starter.

As far as Moncada is concerned, I think he will be a star. An All-Star, who is a cornerstone. Will they have enough to put around him to have it matter? time will tell. But Moncada will be fine.

You're certainly right that time will tell. Based on experience and what I've seen of him and not blind faith I think the White Sox traded Chris Sale for Dayan Viciedo or Avisail Garcia and some pocket change. A low OBP guy who hits an occasional home run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I don't shit on Keith Law, but when looking at prospect rankings you really have to take an aggregate of all the major writers, scouts and publications.

Yoan Moncada is still universally accepted as a top prospect, and even if he weren't, I'd have no problems showing you a wealth of great-to-only-impact MLB players that never ranked higher than the 17th overall best prospect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
juschill wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
pittmike wrote:

You're certainly right that time will tell. Based on experience and what I've seen of him and not blind faith I think the White Sox traded Chris Sale for Dayan Viciedo or Avisail Garcia and some pocket change. A low OBP guy who hits an occasional home run.

I have no idea what Moncada will be as a major leaguer, but he's 22 years old and he's been about a .400 OBP guy wherever he's been so far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
pittmike wrote:
juschill wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
juschill wrote:
IMU wrote:
juschill wrote:

What?

You are an idiot.

Huh? Most Cub fans I know constantly cited Baez's inability to lay off pitches as a huge reason for concern. His play in the playoffs was great, and he brought a fearlessness that seemed lacking among the rest of the team, but I'm still not convinced he's a very good hitter. He has immense power and unreal bat speed, but he still has a lot of issues. This is just Sock fan myth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:42 pm 

My recollection Leash is that Baez was just another of the Cubs can't miss prospects. Yet this new dope has him not even a AAAAer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next