It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: Divergent shirts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sure, Steve. You run those races just like you drive you car into a crowd of BLM protestors.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Chus wrote:

Here is a search of "Span" by Elmhurst Steve in the Cubs section.

search.php?keywords=span&terms=all&author=elmhurst+steve&fid%5B%5D=32&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

All season long, you pined for Span to apparently be a one year place holder for Almora, AFTER Span signed a three year deal. These are your exact posts, not my narrative.

Yeah, I wanted Span for last year on a 1 year deal, with an option, along with Zimmerman to a long term deal. I did not want Heyward and posted in the sections about Heyward that I didn't want him and would prefer they sign Span (before he was signed) to a 1 year deal with an option and Zimmerman and those two would together, cost less than what they were talking about paying Heyward. I was correct in my judgment, except that Span wound up getting a 3 year deal, despite coming off hip surgery. But Fowler wound up coming back, so that scenario worked out perfectly. I don't think many people imagined he would come back, since he was looking for a long term deal and the Cubs didn't want to sign him long term deal because of Almora.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:18 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Sure, Steve. You run those races just like you drive you car into a crowd of BLM protestors.

I do run in the races and finish them. I have not yet run over any BLM groups blocking traffic, as I have never been in a situation where I have had my vehicle blocked by them. If it ever should happen and I feel my well being is at risk, I will most certainly take measures to remove myself from a position of danger. If in my judgment that means having to run someone over if he/she does not move......oh well.

Did you write "drive you car" in an attempt to make a statement similar to one a BLM protester might make?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:33 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's what people in groups do in these races. You get shirts made to identify your group. Since we all worked together on that movie and it's how we met and got to know each other, it makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:35 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's what people in groups do in these races. You get shirts made to identify your group. Since we all worked together on that movie and it's how we met and got to know each other, it makes sense.
It's a movie for pre-teens that flopped so bad they may not finish the series in theaters.

However please post a picture of you running a Spartan Race in a Divergent t-shirt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It's a movie for pre-teens that flopped so bad they may not finish the series in theaters.

However please post a picture of you running a Spartan Race in a Divergent t-shirt.

I didn't realize it targeted pre-teens until I told my niece I was working on it. She was 13 at the time and she and all her friends were reading the books and were crazy about them. It did pretty decent at the box office with the first one, but I don't think it had the star it needed. Shailene Woodley is a really nice gal. But she is a really poor man's Jennifer Lawrence. Now Kate Winslet is a big star, but couldn't carry the movie in her role. She's really pretty bitchy too. She was pregnant while we were filming though, so that might have played into it. I took my niece to the premiere here and that was fun for her. Whether or not they finish the series doesn't matter to me anymore. Once they stopped filming the series here.....forget it. The episode of Chicago Fire I worked on as a tactical police officer will be on March 21st and I worked as a Police Officer on an episode of Chicago Justice where I am investigating a hit and run. Fun stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Golly, that is neat! Are Wally and The Beav gonna be there to cheer you on?!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:25 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Golly, that is neat! Are Wally and The Beav gonna be there to cheer you on?!

I imagine there will be a bunch of wives/ girlfriends that will come along and be there to greet us just after the finish line. They always serve a complimentary beer after the finish, which doesn't make sense to me. That dehydrates you. I want to hydrate after the race. Grab a couple bananas for the potassium and sports drinks to replace electrolytes. Drink some beer later at dinner.