It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
No, I don't want that.

I want to win AND be entertained and Baez does that.

You have a long day at work and you're pooping too much because you drank a bottle of cheap booze and ate a huge angus burger the night before. Your woman is nagging you over stupid shit that no one should care about and on the way home from work no one can go right away when the light hits green because they're fidgeting around with shit in their car.

You start daydreaming of beating these people to death in the middle of the road. Right when you think you could really do it you hear on the radio that Baez is at 2b today. You smile and decide to grab some beer on the way home.

You go home, eat dinner and toke or drink (or both) and sit down for the game.

The first time Baez pulls off one of those cool tags to get the guy out trying to steal 2nd you pump your fist and say "oh yea, baby".

This one man just brought you great joy and forget about the daily grind that is life for a bit.

You want to take that away from people, Jimmy?

Post of the year.

Yup. That's a good post.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Hockey Gay wrote:
No, I don't want that.

You have a long day at work and you're pooping too much because you drank a bottle of cheap booze and ate a huge angus burger the night before. Your woman is nagging you over stupid shit that no one should care about and on the way home from work no one can go right away when the light hits green because they're fidgeting around with shit in their car.

You start daydreaming of beating these people to death in the middle of the road. Right when you think you could really do it you hear on the radio that Baez is at 2b today. You smile and decide to grab some beer on the way home.

The first time Baez pulls off one of those cool tags to get the guy out trying to steal 2nd you pump your fist and say "oh yea, ba
This one man just brought you great joy and forget about the daily grind that is life for a bit.

Post of the year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
jimmypasta wrote:
Ian Haap and Candelario can fill the Baez gap but the Cubs could use another decent starter. They seem thin if they are counting on old man Lackey & an unproven Montgomery at 4 & 5.

JIMMY!

Of course you could always use more pitching and I'm sure if the need arises the Cub will address the situation. However, trading Baez is not the answer.

While Happ has looked good offensively this spring, most "experts" project him as an OF at the MLB level and OF depth is something the Cub already have an abundance of. Candelario is either a 3B, 1B or DH going forward so how would he help aid the loss of Baez? Yes between the two you'd probably equal Javy's offensive output, but they'd have to get AB's to do so and they aint getting MANY of them unless something tragic happens.

Let's say tragedy strikes Addison Russell. Who's stepping in at SS if you no longer have Baez? Happ can't do it and neither can Zobrist other than an emergency inning here or there. So that means you're going to get a daily dose of Kawasaki whether you like it or not. He may provide some laughs, but we'd be in for a world of hurt if we need Munenori to play a major role in our efforts to repeat.

And getting back to Zobrist, you'd also be banking on him staying healthy the entire year. That's a lot to ask for someone entering their age 36-37 season don't you think?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
No, I don't want that.

The first time Baez pulls off one of those cool tags to get the guy out trying to steal 2nd you pump your fist and say "oh yea, baby".

Post of the year.

Yup. That's a good post.

MANY will mock, but Hockey Gay is a fucking poet. He doesn't need a sonnet or beautiful prose. He only needs to speak from the heart. Shakespeare ain't got shit on Gay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:17 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
MANY will mock, but Hockey Gay is a fucking poet. He doesn't need a sonnet or beautiful prose. He only needs to speak from the heart. Shakespeare ain't got shit on Gay.

The gay calls for must win series by mid April. Not just games but series.

He's legit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Matches Malone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

He's legit.

In 2016, Hockey Gay escaped from World Series-less prison. All they found of him was a muddy Kerry Wood jersey, a bar of soap, and an old baseball bat, damn near worn down to the nub. I remember thinking it would take a man six hundred years to see a Cubs team win a World Series. Old Hockey Gay did it in less than thirty. Oh, Hockey Gay loved baseball. I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature. A century of losing here, million of years of rebuilding there. Baseball is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn stud like Kris Bryant. Like I said, a Cub fan will do most anything to keep his mind occupied. Turns out Hockey Gay's favorite hobby was solicitin' sex favors at Lakemoorfest, a handful at a time. I guess after Mr. Reason was killed, Hockey Gay decided he'd been there just about long enough. Hockey Gay did like he was told, watched those 1990-2015 Cubs games one at a time. The other fans simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often did you really watch the 1990-2015 Cubs? Hockey Gay crawled to freedom through two and a half decades of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Two and a half decades... that's the length of five FavreFan benders, just shy of half a Leash bender.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
:lol: nice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

He's legit.

In 2016, Hockey Gay escaped from World Series-less prison. All they found of him was a muddy Kerry Wood jersey, a bar of soap, and an old baseball bat, damn near worn down to the nub. I remember thinking it would take a man six hundred years to see a Cubs team win a World Series. Old Hockey Gay did it in less than thirty. Oh, Hockey Gay loved baseball. I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature. A century of losing here, million of years of rebuilding there. Baseball is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn stud like Kris Bryant. Like I said, a Cub fan will do most anything to keep his mind occupied. Turns out Hockey Gay's favorite hobby was solicitin' sex favors at Lakemoorfest, a handful at a time. I guess after Mr. Reason was killed, Hockey Gay decided he'd been there just about long enough. Hockey Gay did like he was told, watched those 1990-2015 Cubs games one at a time. The other fans simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often did you really watch the 1990-2015 Cubs? Hockey Gay crawled to freedom through two and a half decades of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Two and a half decades... that's the length of five FavreFan benders, just shy of half a Leash bender.

Don Zimmer wrote:
Tremendous.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
jimmypasta wrote:
Ian Haap and Candelario can fill the Baez gap but the Cubs could use another decent starter. They seem thin if they are counting on old man Lackey & an unproven Montgomery at 4 & 5.

so is this more of a "sell high on baez" move? or more of a "i believe in ian happ and friends" move? or even more of a "we need another SP" move? what's going on here jimbo?

personally i'd wanna give javvy baez a shot to see what he can blossom into, cuz remember before his [relative?] struggles in the minors and his generally-abysmal/rob-deer-like cup of coffee in 2015 javvy baez was a guy who had, what, 34HR/37SB in his first season in AA? when you consider that he's a versatile utility infielder [who can play a solid SS if addison russell ever gets hurt, let alone 3B/2B/1B-in-a-pinch) i mean, you're talking about a utility infielder who has legit 20/20-to-30/30 upside? those dont grow on trees you know (even if you end up with a "jedd gyorko career year" like the cards did last year)

i wouldnt be so quick to sell him off like "his playoff heroics were a fluke! he's more sizzle than steak, more struggle than triumph, and i'd quickly sell high on him ASAP cuz [ian happ is coming! / we need another starter cuz OMFG 2 OF OUR ROTATION SPOTS MIGHT NOT BE TOP-5 ERA LEADERS IN THE NL/MLB!!!! OH NO CUBBIE CRISIS!!! DAN BERNSTEIN SAID THE CUBS AINT WINNING THE WS THIS YEAR AND DAN'S NEVER WRONG SO FUCKKKKK!!!! PLZ HALP!!! CALL UP ELOY JIMENEZ PRONTO CUZ THE ONLY PERSON NEVER-WRONG MORE THAN DAN BERNSTEIN IS IMU SANCHEZ!!!! AHHHH IT'S BEEN 5 MONTHS SINCE THE PARADE SO WE'RE STARTING UP ANOTHER 100+ YEAR DRAUGHT!!!!! #THESKYISFALLING!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:32 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:

when i read the first line of this i really hoped this paragraph was gonna delve into an A-Team intro =P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:

Baez is their best SS, 2B and 3B. He should not be traded. He's a good hitter that is only getting better and a terrific base runner too. Bad idea Jimmy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:33 am 

I agree that Baez will entertain me this year as he slides back to mediocrity, if he ever really escaped it in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I agree that Baez will entertain me this year as he slides back to mediocrity, if he ever really escaped it in the first place.

C'mon dolphin. I know he's a Cub and all but he's probably one of the best infielder defenders you've ever seen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:47 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

C'mon dolphin. I know he's a Cub and all but he's probably one of the best infielder defenders you've ever seen.

Of course, he's a Cub! I also just learned in the thread above that Heyward is the best right fielder in all of baseball.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:48 am 

pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Of course, he's a Cub! I also just learned in the thread above that Heyward is the best right fielder in all of baseball.

You may not want to admit it, but those two are great defensive ball players.

There's no disputing that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I'll really step out on a limb and say the Cubs had one of the best defensive team of all time last year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Matches Malone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Saying they are great defensive ballplayers is a LOT different than saying one is the best infielder we have ever seen, and one is the best right fielder in the game.

I wont deny the first part. The second part is laughable.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Saying they are great defensive ballplayers is a LOT different than saying one is the best infielder we have ever seen, and one is the best right fielder in the game.

I'm going to give TurdFerguson the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant best defensive RF in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:48 am 

Matches Malone wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm going to give TurdFerguson the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant best defensive RF in the game.

That is correct, defensively he is the best right fielder in the game. And I also realize he has a bad contract at this point too. But he is signed and isn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

Maybe he will opt out and take less money to play in Des Moines!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 am 

Heyward is still young enough that you can have some reasonable hope that last year's offensive performance was a one time thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:25 am 

Its important the WS nation can follow along. Ironic the top stories in Cubs nation (and therefore sox nation) are the starting right fielder and trading a quality utility person to upgrade the starting rotation.

Meanwhile on the southside here are the most recent topics of conversation. Seems like only yesterday only the major league roster mattered.

The 107 MPH Man
The dark side of The Rebuild
Tim Anderson Future Star
Players the dysfunctional FO should target but won't
Spring Training
Miller out. Modelo in.
Quintana for prospects

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Is that one of those intelligent and entertaining posts that make you such a valuable member of this board?

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Is that one of those intelligent and entertaining posts that make you such a valuable member of this board?

How he is beating a quality contributer like Keyser in the 1st round is beyond me. But it seems we value quantity over quality here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Caller Bob wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

How he is beating a quality contributer like Keyser in the 1st round is beyond me. But it seems we value quantity over quality here.

Keyser is the ltg of baseball thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:48 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

that is an insult to ltg

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
RFDC wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

that is an insult to ltg

You may have a point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Its important the WS nation can follow along. Ironic the top stories in Cubs nation (and therefore sox nation) are the starting right fielder and trading a quality utility person to upgrade the starting rotation.

Meanwhile on the southside here are the most recent topics of conversation. Seems like only yesterday only the major league roster mattered.

The 107 MPH Man
The dark side of The Rebuild
Tim Anderson Future Star
Players the dysfunctional FO should target but won't
Spring Training
Miller out. Modelo in.
Quintana for prospects

look at this guy reading the Sox section

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
SteveSarley wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

that is an insult to ltg

You may have a point.

on the top of his head

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next