It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Ian Haap and Candelario can fill the Baez gap but the Cubs could use another decent starter. They seem thin if they are counting on old man Lackey & an unproven Montgomery at 4 & 5.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: John's
At some point I think the Cubs and Rays will do a deal for Archer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
No reason to make the deal now. The Cubs are in control with Happ's value skyrocketing. If Baez can continue trending in the direction he ended last season, his value can also increase. Then you have teams submitting their best offers for multiple Cubs trade pieces and the Cubs will have a buyers advantage.

Cubs have the ability to obtain two major top of the rotation starters if they choose to go that route.... I don't want to trade the majority of Schwarber / Happ / Jimenez / Baez / Candelario but I'm willing to dangle all of them and see what ace names come back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
No.

A better #4 starter is not going to make a difference between winning the division or just being a wild card team. You can pitch Lackey all day against the #3 starters on bad teams, because you're planning on winning with the offense on those days.

Meanwhile, a better #4 starter is as useful in the playoffs as tits on a bull.

Baez is an every day player in the playoffs, and he provides redundancy for a regular season injury, especially to Russell. If Russell gets hurt, do you really want to see Kawasaki at SS every day for 2-5 weeks?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
No, I don't want that.

I want to win AND be entertained and Baez does that.

You have a long day at work and you're pooping too much because you drank a bottle of cheap booze and ate a huge angus burger the night before. Your woman is nagging you over stupid shit that no one should care about and on the way home from work no one can go right away when the light hits green because they're fidgeting around with shit in their car.

You start daydreaming of beating these people to death in the middle of the road. Right when you think you could really do it you hear on the radio that Baez is at 2b today. You smile and decide to grab some beer on the way home.

You go home, eat dinner and toke or drink (or both) and sit down for the game.

The first time Baez pulls off one of those cool tags to get the guy out trying to steal 2nd you pump your fist and say "oh yea, baby".

This one man just brought you great joy and forget about the daily grind that is life for a bit.

You want to take that away from people, Jimmy?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Happ is considered average at best as a second baseman right? Would still like to see his k numbers go down but I think they are grooming him as future Zobrist. I'd be in no hurry to trade anyone right now. And as much as it pains me Schwarber would be the first I would dangle.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
No.

A better #4 starter is not going to make a difference between winning the division or just being a wild card team. You can pitch Lackey all day against the #3 starters on bad teams, because you're planning on winning with the offense on those days.

Meanwhile, a better #4 starter is as useful in the playoffs as tits on a bull.

Baez is an every day player in the playoffs, and he provides redundancy for a regular season injury, especially to Russell. If Russell gets hurt, do you really want to see Kawasaki at SS every day for 2-5 weeks?

I hope to never see Kawasaki or LaStella again at the MLB level.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Hockey Gay wrote:
No, I don't want that.

You have a long day at work and you're pooping too much because you drank a bottle of cheap booze and ate a huge angus burger the night before. Your woman is nagging you over stupid shit that no one should care about and on the way home from work no one can go right away when the light hits green because they're fidgeting around with shit in their car.

You start daydreaming of beating these people to death in the middle of the road. Right when you think you could really do it you hear on the radio that Baez is at 2b today. You smile and decide to grab some beer on the way home.

The first time Baez pulls off one of those cool tags to get the guy out trying to steal 2nd you pump your fist and say "oh yea, baby".

This one man just brought you great joy and forget about the daily grind that is life for a bit.

Well stated. Baez is the only player I'm disappointed to see having a day off. A true wildcard on the diamond.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Terrible idea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:29 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Ian Haap and Candelario can fill the Baez gap but the Cubs could use another decent starter. They seem thin if they are counting on old man Lackey & an unproven Montgomery at 4 & 5.

Agreed they are thin. Wouldn't trade Baez though.

Why not use the unproven prospects you cited?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:05 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
https://mobile.twitter.com/StoolFrederi ... 0412991488

Javy celebrating a great throw from Molina at the WBC.... While he is tagging the runner. What an asshole. Glad he is our asshole.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:47 am 

Anyone see the tag that Baez put on Cruz last night in the WBC? He was celebrating before he even caught the ball.

He's the most entertaining player on the Cubs. Let me get at least two more years of that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hockey Gay wrote:
No, I don't want that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Hockey Gay wrote:
Anyone see the tag that Baez put on Cruz last night in the WBC? He was celebrating before he even caught the ball.

He's the most entertaining player on the Cubs. Let me get at least two more years of that.

I can't stand Baez. But that's crazy good...you can't teach that kind of reaction ability.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Hockey Gay wrote:
No, I don't want that.

Post of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:52 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
I can't stand Baez.

You going to hold onto your hatred of Baez as long as you did for Noah?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

I can't stand Baez. But that's crazy good...you can't teach that kind of reaction ability.

Cub fan: I cant stand the MVP of the NLCS the Cubs won en route to the first World Series in 108 years

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm 

Watching DR vs PR last night really shows how joyless white baseball players are.

These guys last night were having a blast, having the time of their life.

Bautista's home run and bat flip was one of the coolest moments I ever seen in baseball and it made white people in the game rage.

I know Baez can be frustrating at the plate but I don't know how any Cub fan can hate him. As a sports fan I want to be entertained and no one on the roster does it better than him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:48 pm 

Right on, HG

Too bad the Cubs broke Bryce Harper in the middle of his MAKE BASEBALL FUN AGAIN campaign

Bat flipping should be an event on All Star Monday

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:49 pm 

Baez is the worst player in the history of baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:49 pm 

Its not even the players, its media and some managers

Even old-school hard-ass white guy Supreme Jake Arrieta is okay with bat flipping provided you've earned the right

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You made a wrong turn somewhere pal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hockey Gay wrote:
Watching DR vs PR last night really shows how joyless white baseball players are.

Bautista's home run and bat flip was one of the coolest moments I ever seen in baseball and it made white people in the game rage.

I know Baez can be frustrating at the plate but I don't know how any Cub fan can hate him. As a sports fan I want to be entertained and no one on the roster does it better than him.

You are taking this crap from Bernsie or something. I have never been in a bar or family gathering or something watching a game and seen someone go off about a bat flip. You are mistaking an entire race for the so called baseball police manager and players.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Cub fan: I cant stand the MVP of the NLCS the Cubs won en route to the first World Series in 108 years

I hate his approach at the plate. So sue me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You made a wrong turn somewhere pal.
Get used to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:05 pm 

I make to highlight the games with the best bat flippers when making my ticket purchases at the beginning of the year.

Those Latinos, such a carefree and rhythmic people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Amazing isn't it?

But never underestimate CoF at terrible sports (and political) thoughts.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:21 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

You are taking this crap from Bernsie or something. I have never been in a bar or family gathering or something watching a game and seen someone go off about a bat flip. You are mistaking an entire race for the so called baseball police manager and players.

White people in the GAME. Not white fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hockey Gay wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Oh yeah. that is weird because it seems like the country guys a lot but I do not recall Buerhle that way.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Hockey Gay wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next