It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:31 am 

pittmike wrote:
Not that it is a thing for me but it really is a leap of faith for Cub fans. No matter what was said by management or claimed to be known by Bernsie there is no guarantee the owners will not pocket a great portion of the new revenue streams. They are not after all a charity.

Can say the same about all teams & their fan-base. It does appear that teams in MLB that generate a lot of revenue also tend to have the higher payroll's. If you equate having a high payroll to having a better roster, then you can see where fans might want their teams to generate more revenue. The Yankees haven't won all those World Series simply by being shrewd & economical. They bought/paid a few players along the way that certainly helped.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
walkrman5 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Not that it is a thing for me but it really is a leap of faith for Cub fans. No matter what was said by management or claimed to be known by Bernsie there is no guarantee the owners will not pocket a great portion of the new revenue streams. They are not after all a charity.

Can say the same about all teams & their fan-base. It does appear that teams in MLB that generate a lot of revenue also tend to have the higher payroll's. If you equate having a high payroll to having a better roster, then you can see where fans might want their teams to generate more revenue. The Yankees haven't won all those World Series simply by being shrewd & economical. They bought/paid a few players along the way that certainly helped.

Oh I understand that. It is the assumption that no matter how many bad Heyward type contracts are made the team is just going to say oh well we have waves coming. They might blow hundreds of millions and cover any mistakes. They also might say 300 million is our cap and the rest goes in the pocket.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 am 

The hotel, real estate and entertainment district related items are different corporations. It would be like saying Ameritrade profitability will help to increase Cub team payroll.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The hotel, real estate and entertainment district related items are different corporations. It would be like saying Ameritrade profitability will help to increase Cub team payroll.

SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH. THERE ARE WAVES COMING!

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: John's
good dolphin wrote:

Next thing you know, the Cubs are going to whore out the naming rights to Wrigley.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Next thing you know, the Cubs are going to whore out the naming rights to Wrigley.
Yeah, Wrigley Field wouldn't ever stoop so low to be a way to sell a product. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, Wrigley Field wouldn't ever stoop so low to be a way to sell a product. :lol:

Suddenly I'm craving a piece chewing gum!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Do you disagree with me or not. It seems logical to me. The plaza and its sales are probably Cub revenue. The real estate they have purchased is probably subdivided into roof tops and unit rentals. The rooftop is probably Cub revenue and the real estate is another entity's revenue. I would be shocked if the hotel is Cub revenue. I thought that was part of the reason they distanced the hotel from being baseball themed. That hotel is most likely going to be sold off to a national chain soon after it is opened and stabilized anyway.

If you think about it from a negative perspective, would you want Cub revenue drained if those entities are not profitable?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Do you disagree with me or not. It seems logical to me. The plaza and its sales are probably Cub revenue. The real estate they have purchased is probably subdivided into roof tops and unit rentals. The rooftop is probably Cub revenue and the real estate is another entity's revenue. I would be shocked if the hotel is Cub revenue. I thought that was part of the reason they distanced the hotel from being baseball themed. That hotel is most likely going to be sold off to a national chain soon after it is opened and stabilized anyway.

If you think about it from a negative perspective, would you want Cub revenue drained if those entities are not profitable?
Didn't they also create a separate company for most of that stuff? I doubt that second company is going to be helping to increase Cubs payroll.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:43 am 

2020 will be very interesting as they try to launch their own network. I think The Cubs are looking at that as their future cash cow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
Was this Ricketts or Theo who brought the same idea to Boston?

My first trip to Fenway was in 1989?

bigfan vibe.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
walkrman5 wrote:
2020 will be very interesting as they try to launch their own network. I think The Cubs are looking at that as their future cash cow.

Fuck the network. TV is dead. They should debut a streaming app that has both live games, old games, radio broadcasts, cubs store, ect.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:53 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Didn't they also create a separate company for most of that stuff? I doubt that second company is going to be helping to increase Cubs payroll.

It would be nice if Gordon Whitenmeyer or any of the other hard hitting media members would do some research on the structure of things rather than simply throwing out "the Cubs have deep pockets now because of all these circuses".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:54 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

Fuck the network. TV is dead. They should debut a streaming app that has both live games, old games, radio broadcasts, cubs store, ect.

It'll be interesting. I think they might be late to the party on this one as well. Also, when I look at the Dodgers and the backlash they are dealing with, I'm thinking the Cubs could start upsetting the masses with this network plan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The Plaza, the hotel and all the other things that go into further profits, will only mean more money for payroll.

This seems simplistic.

Well what did you expect?

No shit. The next deep thought from Captain Obvious will be his first.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:56 am 

walkrman5 wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

It'll be interesting. I think they might be late to the party on this one as well. Also, when I look at the Dodgers and the backlash they are dealing with, I'm thinking the Cubs could start upsetting the masses with this network plan.

Did the Dodgers ever figure out how to get their in town fans the ability to watch them on tv?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 am 

pittmike wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

Did the Dodgers ever figure out how to get their in town fans the ability to watch them on tv?

I don't think so....plus those that are able to get it, and want it, ...are having to pay for premium packages in order to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Looking forward to going to the plaza and seeing how it has all turned out. Watching it's construction and the progress made between games attended has been interesting. Can't say the open lawn area makes a lot of sense to me though. Fans may well trample that area and make it very difficult to keep it lush and green as the artists depiction of it has it looking. Trees and perhaps terraced areas with bushes and flowers might have made sense, but I'm skeptical about the big lawn area.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:18 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Looking forward to going to the plaza and seeing how it has all turned out. Watching it's construction and the progress made between games attended has been interesting. Can't say the open lawn area makes a lot of sense to me though. Fans may well trample that area and make it very difficult to keep it lush and green as the artists depiction of it has it looking. Trees and perhaps terraced areas with bushes and flowers might have made sense, but I'm skeptical about the big lawn area.
Make it all leather.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Make it all leather.

Not sure how well that would hold up in exterior use. But it would look awesome initially.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Has anyone been to this?

Usually I go to a few games by May but I'm too poor. I tried making more money but no suerte.

I was raised in the burbs so this sterile plaza dealio should right up my alley.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Kirkwood wrote:
Has anyone been to this?

Usually I got to a few games by May but I'm too poor. I tried making more money but no suerte.

I was raised in the burbs so this sterile plaza dealio should right up my alley.

Yeah, it's okay, but there were no restrooms out there when I went earlier this season. I'm not sure if they've fixed that or if they want to. Maybe they figure if you've had enough to drink that you need to piss they want you gone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Has anyone been to this?

Usually I got to a few games by May but I'm too poor. I tried making more money but no suerte.

Yeah, it's okay, but there were no restrooms out there when I went earlier this season. I'm not sure if they've fixed that or if they want to. Maybe they figure if you've had enough to drink that you need to piss they want you gone.

So you left? Good move on the Cubs part.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
I wonder what the bathrooms look like in this place...

Hey! Hey! Brickhouse Tavern Opens In Park At Wrigley — Take A Look Inside...

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017062 ... -174436201

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
No glass top tables?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Peoria Matt wrote:
No glass top tables?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Are they going to get away with calling this place "Brickhouse"? I'm guessing the cease and desist letter is already in the mail.

http://www.brickhousetavernandtap.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:28 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Are they going to get away with calling this place "Brickhouse"? I'm guessing the cease and desist letter is already in the mail.

i'm sure the Cubs have people that will take care of things for them

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Brickhouse is a national chain that has been around for more than a decade.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:18 am 

I was at the Tom Petty concert yesterday and was walking around Clark and Addison. I was kind of kidding about bringing Rosemont to Wrigley but it is 100% truth. Those structures kiddie corner from each other at Clark and Addison look like characterless suburban mall buildings whose height and signage will detract from the landmark view of Wrigley from that intersection. The bars and restaurants along Clark are a series of mega bar and grills indiscernible from one another. They all serve the same shitty hamburger brought to your table by the same bimbo waitress washed down by the same shitty beer. They could combine all of those bars on either side of the street into one entity and it would not change their feel. The suburban Big Ten school graduates who moved to the neighborhood probably find it comforting but Wrigleyville is in the process of losing its soul.

I think it is going to look like the stretch of North Avenue east of the river when all the work is complete.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next