It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Matches Malone wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Rick, you undoubtedly said that based on his World Series performance, he might lack power. You have to own that.

Oh yeah, I remember you saying that coming off the injury, that his power might be diminished. That he might never be the same. Looks pretty much the same these days. Maybe even better.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
looks like this is going to be one of those underrated Cardinal teams that ends up being formidable

The Cardinals should be a winning team and may even manage a wild card entry, but they are not going to be able to win the division over the Cubs. Lackey pitched well, though he was unable to pitch over Zobrist's error. Nice comeback. Good to see Rondon get into the game and have an effective outing. Great job by Edwards and Davis now 2/2 in save opportunities. bullpen is looking like it might be less of an issue than it appeared might be the case in spring training.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
~30 home runs
Using the "around" symbol is a little strange since it is vague for something that is designed not to be. I'll take some liberties and assume that means + or - 3. If Schwarber hits more than 33 home runs he clearly hasn't lost any power.
Don Tiny wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
A question is a lot different than this.
Caller Bob wrote:
Remember when PRICK said Schwarber didn't have any power?

I never said he wouldn't ever hit a home run again.

Also, the context here matters. The discussion was whether a team would trade for him. If he is just a 25 home run a year guy as many in that thread seemed to predict for this year then it does change it from the home run powerhouse that he was thought to be.

Still waiting on Bob's over/under.

What is the number that he needs to hit to demonstrate he no longer lacks power then?

This will not be answered directly.
Wrong. :lol:

However, badrogue's question was a little different so I'll make it abundantly clear that Don Tiny was wrong by answering it again.

Schwarber will always have power. The discussion was never that he wouldn't hit a home run ever again. This is why I was misquoted but all of you are so wrapped up in this "Sox fan in the Cubs section!" stuff that you won't even acknowledge that I never said he has no power. I simply asked a question! I think it was more than fair to question a guy coming off a serious injury especially in regards to a team like the White Sox trading a really good MLB player to get him.

I believe most people in that previous thread were using 25 home runs as a number of about what they were expecting. That is roughly what "mediocre" and "singles hitter" Jose Abreu did last year and it was considered that his power was down.

That's also for a guy that in his rookie year hit 16 home runs in 232 at bats. If we project that number out to 500 at bats then that is 34 home runs and that was his rookie year and you would hope that he would get better from that rather than a drop of 9 of them. I am positive that during his rookie year that virtually every Cubs fan on here was thinking that Schwarber is a 40 home run a year kind of guy and yet even a guy like Bob was so unsure he hedged his number by saying around 30 so if he hits 27 home runs he can say "Well, I said around".

This isn't hyperbole but some of you honestly need to decide if you want intelligent baseball discussion on here. You guys complain about trolling and White Sox fans but yet I try and have a real debate and a guy calls me a prick, misquotes me, and then a bunch of you guys jump in and say "Yeah, Caller Bob sure got him good!". You are also the same guys that were silent when Caller Bob was all over the Sox section saying stupid things.

So, was that an answer for you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:27 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He still didn't answer the question :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:28 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
He still didn't answer the question :lol:
"If Schwarber hits more than 33 home runs he clearly hasn't lost any power."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:32 am 

Though, I guess if we are being extremely literal, his question is "What is the number that he needs to hit to demonstrate he no longer lacks power then?" then the answer to that is over 10 home runs but it also is pretty much meaningless because I never said he lacks power.

I'd say any MLB player who can hit 11 home runs in a season at least has some power.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:17 am 

Don Tiny,
Was my answer sufficient?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Rick is upset.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:30 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Rick is upset.
Of course I am upset. My ability to maintain endless inane arguments it what defines me as a poster and a person. Don Tiny tried to take that away from me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Rick is upset.
Of course I am upset. My ability to maintain endless inane arguments it what defines me as a poster and a person. Don Tiny tried to take that away from me.

Yeah, I kinda disagree with him there. You never don't respond. You get your ass kicked occasionally (especially by me), but you never don't respond.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:36 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Rick is upset.

Yeah, I kinda disagree with him there. You never don't respond. You get your ass kicked occasionally (especially by me), but you never don't respond.
You really helped me out in this thread. First with Caller Bob and now with Don Tiny.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:37 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Rick is upset.

You really helped me out in this thread. First with Caller Bob and now with Don Tiny.

:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19