It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
It's a case of simple science: the ball struck so hard that all the air between it and the protector was forced out, creating a vacuum. This would not be possible if the seems were not lined up perfectly, but they were. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:50 pm 

Lester Hayes is the Cards equipment manager.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Tony Weed's
1039 Oliver Ave, Aurora
(630) 892-2772
that was just tabaccy on his gear. No pine tar anywhere...

Would be fun to go back and watch the tape of Molina touches his protector before receiving the ball.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Keyser Soze wrote:
Lester Hayes is the Cards equipment manager.

Spilling one's Coca Cola before a game can happen to anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Molina can just touch his chest protector and get a little pine tar on his fingers, then catch the ball and throw it back......now with pine tar on the ball. The pitcher finds the spot and uses it to get a better grip on the ball, giving him better rotation on a breaking ball, which equals a sharper break on the pitch. Easy enough to touch the protector with the throwing hand as he's in his crouch, ready to catch a pitch. The umpire never see's anything suspicious. Pretty smart. If I were Joe Maddon, I would ask that the umpire inspect Molina's chest protector the next time they play the Cardinals. Molina......you got a lotta esplaining to do....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Molina can just touch his chest protector and get a little pine tar on his fingers, then catch the ball and throw it back......now with pine tar on the ball. The pitcher finds the spot and uses it to get a better grip on the ball, giving him better rotation on a breaking ball, which equals a sharper break on the pitch. Easy enough to touch the protector with the throwing hand as he's in his crouch, ready to catch a pitch. The umpire never see's anything suspicious. Pretty smart. If I were Joe Maddon, I would ask that the umpire inspect Molina's chest protector the next time they play the Cardinals. Molina......you got a lotta esplaining to do....

Go paint the inside of your mouth with the barrel of a gun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:20 pm 

Apologist wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:34 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Apologist wrote:

That's one way to prep for a mo-cap session...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

An entire paragraph to say what is obvious to everybody, and he thinks he is enlightening people. He should call every radio show this week with these thoughts.

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
And why do you think Maddon didn't ask the umps to check it out when it happened, Steve?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
And why do you think Maddon didn't ask the umps to check it out when it happened, Steve?

Could be because he respects Molina and doesn't want to embarrass him. Could be because he has guys doing something similar and doesn't want to start something that could bite him in the ass. Plus, what had just happened helped the Cubs. Sczczur was safe because of it. Molina changed chest protectors before the next inning, so I assume the one he put on afterwards, was clean. But don't be surprised if the cameras monitor this the next time they play and if it looks like he's getting pine tar off it to help his pitcher, that Maddon might stop the game and ask that the umpire inspect the chest protector. Could be a great way to get their pitcher and Molina upset and maybe lose a bit of focus.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Could be because he respects Molina and doesn't want to embarrass him. Could be because he has guys doing something similar and doesn't want to start something that could bite him in the ass. Plus, what had just happened helped the Cubs. Sczczur was safe because of it. Molina changed chest protectors before the next inning, so I assume the one he put on afterwards, was clean. But don't be surprised if the cameras monitor this the next time they play and if it looks like he's getting pine tar off it to help his pitcher, that Maddon might stop the game and ask that the umpire inspect the chest protector. Could be a great way to get their pitcher and Molina upset and maybe lose a bit of focus.
Throw in some 'um's' and fake laughter, and this is a Mike Mulligan statement. Lots of words with really no point.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:03 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Throw in some 'um's' and fake laughter, and this is a Mike Mulligan statement. Lots of words with really no point.

The problem lies in your level of comprehension. I think it was a fairly comprehensive answer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You think wrong.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Could be because he has guys doing something similar

That's the reason

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:08 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Peoria Matt wrote:

The last time Maddon was involved in something like this, he was called a "weird wuss" by Davey Johnson. :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/na ... 57f66b5133

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

The problem lies in your level of comprehension. I think it was a fairly comprehensive answer.

Your comprehension sucks balls. Like your baseball thoughts. Eat a mule dick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:36 pm 

its like stickum in football.

why the fuck is it outlawed in the first place? who cares? obviously the players dont... what does it matter if sticky glue is used? how the fuck do you think pitchers get the spin on the ball that they do? if everything was a straight fast ball, baseball would be a lot less interesting.