It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 am 

http://m.cubs.mlb.com/news/article/214381940/javier-baez-gets-chicago-street-named-for-him/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Heyward off to a much better start than GD.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
What is the deal with Sox fans fascination with statues?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 am 

Reinsdorf pissing all over his fan base?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:01 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Reinsdorf pissing all over his fan base?

No, me pissing on Cub fans. It doesn't accurately represent me as the artist couldn't find enough metal for my dong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 am 

Wrigley field doesn't need more statues. They get in the way of pedestrian traffic. I know Sox fans wouldn't realize that, since there are never enough fans at their games for that to be an issue. Enjoy your statues, while we enjoy having a Championship team that will be striving for more titles in the next several years to come.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:43 am 

Harold Baines!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Come on GD, you can do better than this? Step up the troll efforts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
walkrman5 wrote:
Harold Baines!

Better career than Schwarber will have.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:06 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Harold Baines!

Maybe. Baines had a long and fairly distinguished career. However, I believe Schwarber will hit over 30 homers in a season a few times, which is something Baines never did a single time. He had great longevity though. That is something Schwarber may not enjoy. But as far as the feeling of not wanting to miss an at bat, or the fear that either might strike in the hearts and minds of an opposing pitcher....I have to go with Schwarber .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Rocky's of Westchester
Frank Coztansa wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Harold Baines!

Baines had lots of clutch hits for the Sox in the playoffs. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I'm sure the gentrifying hordes coming in from suburban Ohio (who are also """lifelong""" Cubs fans) cannot wait to take a selfie in front of this gay-ass street sign.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
It just eats Sox fans up that the Cubs are loved world wide, if this semi rebuild fails, the team will leave Chicago and we won't have to hear you pussies whine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 pm 

312player wrote:
It just eats Sox fans up that the Cubs are loved world wide, if this semi rebuild fails, the team will leave Chicago and we won't have to hear you pussies whine.

Cubs fans are hated in the very city they play in. Other than the Packers the most hated team in Chicago is the Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:08 pm 

America wrote:
312player wrote:

Cubs fans are hated in the very city they play in. Other than the Packers the most hated team in Chicago is the Cubs.

come on man, I get the Cubs and Sox hatred thing, but this is an absurd statement and not even close to true.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:16 pm 

It is 100% true, inside the city of Chicago the Cubs are passionately hated. Yea there are some people who adore them, there are Packers fans living here too, but if you polled people who actually care about sports more than 2 or so weeks a year (and didn't omit any Cubs answers because the Ricketts own or influence your media property) it would go 1. Green Bay 2. Cubs 3. Patriots/<wherever LeBron is>/some nationally despised team.

And its funny that 312 think it eats Sox fans up to not be adored nationally when the central theme of Cubs fandom is the desire to be recognized and appreciated in pop culture. If I wanted to be validated by late nite talk shows and dumb 80's movies I sure as hell would not be a White Sox fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:17 pm 

You are crazy. Sure there are people who hate the Cubs and people that hate the Sox.

But there is no way in the world they are the 2nd most hated team in their own city.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Jesus, America is dumb.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 pm 

Most Cubs "fans", owing to a general disinterest in any type of baseball that isn't garnished with getting blackout drunk and yelling "CUBBIES" at passing cars, barely knows the White Sox exist. Whereas Cubs hatred is something almost all White Sox fans are indoctrinated into.

Combine that with the city being majority Sox fans and its pretty easy to see that the Cubs are the second most hated in team in Chicago. They were probably 3rd when the Bulls were good and LeBron was on the Heat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
America wrote:
It is 100% true, inside the city of Chicago the Cubs are passionately hated. Yea there are some people who adore them, there are Packers fans living here too, but if you polled people who actually care about sports more than 2 or so weeks a year (and didn't omit any Cubs answers because the Ricketts own or influence your media property) it would go 1. Green Bay 2. Cubs 3. Patriots/<wherever LeBron is>/some nationally despised team.

And its funny that 312 think it eats Sox fans up to not be adored nationally when the central theme of Cubs fandom is the desire to be recognized and appreciated in pop culture. If I wanted to be validated by late nite talk shows and dumb 80's movies I sure as hell would not be a White Sox fan.

You are a sad delusional mess of a fucked up burrito. Quit posting you lousy turd. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm 

America wrote:

The Cubs aren't loved just nationally, I said globally.. When you and I were in diapers in the late 70's early 80's ...The Cubs were on wgn in Europe and Canada ..they fucked up leaving wgn but they built a brand globally before cable TV... The Cubs have overtaken the Bears for most loved team in Chicago.

1. Cubs
2. Bears
3. Black hawks
4. Bulls
5. Sox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm 

America wrote:
Most Cubs "fans", owing to a general disinterest in any type of baseball that isn't garnished with getting blackout drunk and yelling "CUBBIES" at passing cars, barely knows the White Sox exist. Whereas Cubs hatred is something almost all White Sox fans are indoctrinated into.

Combine that with the city being majority Sox fans and its pretty easy to see that the Cubs are the second most hated in team in Chicago. They were probably 3rd when the Bulls were good and LeBron was on the Heat.

You are really a stupid person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 pm 

America wrote:

Your Cub hatred has blinded you to reality.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:28 pm 

See how it strikes a nerve when you even suggest that not everyone loves the Cubs? And 312 tried to say it was the White Sox fans who care too much about what people of them. :lol:

The appropriate answer to me saying the Cubs are the second most hated team in Chicago is "lol who cares we just won it all burrito", but of course baseball on the field has always been secondary to the party happening off of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:30 pm 

312player wrote:
America wrote:

The Cubs aren't loved just nationally, I said globally.. When you and I were in diapers in the late 70's early 80's ...The Cubs were on wgn in Europe and Canada ..they fucked up leaving wgn but they built a brand globally before cable TV... The Cubs have overtaken the Bears for most loved team in Chicago.

1. Cubs
2. Bears
3. Black hawks
4. Bulls
5. Sox

You care about as much about who won the Bundesliga last year as most Europeans do about the Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:33 pm 

America wrote:
See how it strikes a nerve when you even suggest that not everyone loves the Cubs? And 312 tried to say it was the White Sox fans who care too much about what people of them. :lol:

The appropriate answer to me saying the Cubs are the second most hated team in Chicago is "lol who cares we just won it all burrito", but of course baseball on the field has always been secondary to the party happening off of it.

It does not strike a nerve here. I know people hate the Cubs and I am completely fine with that.

But to say they are the 2nd most hated team in the city is just stupid.

I am not sure why that surprises me so much tho, you have made a long line of stupid posts regarding the Cubs over the the last couple of years. It is your thing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Jesus, America is dumb.

Common knowledge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 pm 

America wrote:

I didn't say most Europeans or Canadians, baseball is non existent in Europe, many Europeans know who the Cubs are, I don't really care if the Cubs are popular, it's a fact they are, an indisputable fact. To say they aren't is just foolish. I get it, you hate the Cubs, many of my friends do too, I chaulk it up to jealousy, they sucked for decades and were still more popular than the Sox and fine bitches go to the park..Fat chicks dig the Sox, it's an inferiority complex, it'll be over soon when the Sox are in another city. All these 4-14 year old kids in the city are wearing Cubs hats, they are stealing another generation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:44 pm 

312player wrote:
America wrote:

I didn't say most Europeans or Canadians, baseball is non existent in Europe, many Europeans know who the Cubs are, I don't really care if the Cubs are popular, it's a fact they are, an indisputable fact. To say they aren't is just foolish. I get it, you hate the Cubs, many of my friends do too, I chaulk it up to jealousy, they sucked for decades and were still more popular than the Sox and fine bitches go to the park..Fat chicks dig the Sox, it's an inferiority complex, it'll be over soon when the Sox are in another city. All these 4-14 year old kids in the city are wearing Cubs hats, they are stealing another generation.

Why even respond to this tard? Let idiots live and go about their day.