It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
leashyourkids wrote:
W_Z wrote:
on board? it's early fucking may, you should still be on board.

this is what the internet reduces people to. it's a long season.

This isn't normal behavior for a fan base whose team is .500 in early May and is coming off a WS title. I love you guys, but you sound like whiny old women.

Most of the panic appears to be started by sox fans trying to stir up the cubs fans.
I'm not buying. It's may. I won't worry until it's September and they're 5 games back of the playoffs.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Yeah, I don't see any cub fans panicking... But you gotta be a blind man if you ain't concerned. This division blows, should run away n hide from these bums.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
There is nothing I can't stand more than sanctimonious assholes on the internet that like to dictate what emotions you are allowed to have in regards to your team. That said, I think it's time for some perspective here. In addition to still being VERY early in the season, you have to consider the after effects of winning a world series. Not just the dead arms, but the natural, emotional let down of now playing regular seasons games after climbing the summit of baseball greatness.

I mean, Cub fans, you were told about this. You were warned by the Giants that it is very difficult to repeat. When was the last time a team in major league baseball repeated? The 1970's? Stay with this team, we are the Chicago FUCKING Cubs! We play at the BEAUTIFUL WRIGLEY FIELD! Not some shithole U.S. Guaranteed Rate Phone Stadium. We are high class people/fans, not some south side trash bin of fans. Let's get it together folks! They will win the division again this year. And then the playoffs are a crapshoot, so there.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bob took 4 minutes to type that, and 2 hours to proofread it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Caller Bob wrote:
There is nothing I can't stand more than sanctimonious assholes on the internet that like to dictate what emotions you are allowed to have in regards to your team. That said, I think it's time for some perspective here. In addition to still being VERY early in the season, you have to consider the after effects of winning a world series. Not just the dead arms, but the natural, emotional let down of now playing regular seasons games after climbing the summit of baseball greatness.

I mean, Cub fans, you were told about this. You were warned by the Giants that it is very difficult to repeat. When was the last time a team in major league baseball repeated? The 1970's? Stay with this team, we are the Chicago FUCKING Cubs! We play at the BEAUTIFUL WRIGLEY FIELD! Not some shithole U.S. Guaranteed Rate Phone Stadium. We are high class people/fans, not some south side trash bin of fans. Let's get it together folks! They will win the division again this year. And then the playoffs are a crapshoot, so there.

Good man.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Caller Bob wrote:

Yankees in the 90's idiot. Homework.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Most years nobody cares about games in April and May. Just since they won the ws, everyone is watching every game closely.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:52 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

And it took Mr. "Cubbie on the Brain" less than ten minutes to find the content and consume it. You are all things Cub!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

And it took Mr. "Cubbie on the Brain" less than ten minutes to find the content and consume it. You are all things Cub!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
HawaiiYou wrote:
Most years nobody cares about games in April and May. Just since they won the ws, everyone is watching every game closely.

Every game counts from game one until one sixty two. Dumb argument. A loss is a loss all season long.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:56 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Ironic, considering you couldn't even write a "Cubs will be fine" post without mentioning the Sox and their fans :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Ironic, considering you couldn't even write a "Cubs will be fine" post without mentioning the Sox and their fans :lol:

I actually never directly mentioned the White Sox. Here you go, injecting YOUR team into the Cubs.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Wed May 10, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God, I love Bob. He's a 1 seed next year, right?

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Caller Bob wrote:
When was the last time a team in major league baseball repeated? The 1970's?

Real. Smart. Baseball. Fan.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:58 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I actually never directly mentioned the White Sox. Here you go, injecting YOUR team into the Cubs.

You injected my team by mentioning their stadium and their fans, moron. It's almost impossible you are this stupid :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:59 pm 

IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Maybe he meant the last time a National League baseball team repeated as WS Champs? That would be the 70s.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

You injected my team by mentioning their stadium and their fans, moron. It's almost impossible you are this stupid :lol:

No need to get personal because you're losing.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:02 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No need to get personal because you're losing.

i concur. Sorry Farve but Caller Bob is winning.

Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yankees won 3 didn't they?

And didn't the jays win back to back in the 90s?

HawaiiYou wrote:
IMU wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Maybe he meant the last time a National League baseball team repeated as WS Champs? That would be the 70s.

I was just typing casually, like a random bar conversation, hence the "?". Of course I could have googled it. But IMU is a social weirdo, he doesn't have actual conversations with people

Darkside wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'll give him benefit of the doubt and say he was talking about NL teams repeating as ws champs.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:03 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Well in Caller Bob's defense, nobody takes the AL seriously. I mean they use the LAUGH DH. I mean I can go to little league and watch that DH shit. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:05 pm 

The odds of winning consecutive titles are very low, regardless of the team. That's just a statistical fact. We don't need history to prove it.

But if they make the playoffs, they have a shot just like anyone else.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:08 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'll give him benefit of the doubt and say he was talking about NL teams repeating as ws champs.

Well... He literally specified "major league baseball".
I don't think be was talking a out an NL team only.
Whatever it was a dumbass thing to say.
I still love Bob though.

But that was dumb.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Well in Caller Bob's defense, nobody takes the AL seriously. I mean they use the LAUGH DH. I mean I can go to little league and watch that DH shit. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:10 pm 

Darkside wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Well... He literally specified "major league baseball".
I don't think be was talking a out an NL team only.
Whatever it was a dumbass thing to say.
I still love Bob though.

But that was dumb.

I didn't say....The last time a team won back to back world series was the 1970's I said When was the last time a team in major league baseball repeated? The 1970's?. I made no declaration of fact.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 pm 

It's ok Bob.
We know what you meant.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:14 pm 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next