It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: World Series Preview?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I know, it's anything but a sure thing. But the Red Sox and Cubs are two of the favorites this year and it sure would be fun to see Epstein's two teams battling it out for another title. It will be nice to have Schwarber DH in the series. I was wrong about Schwarber as an outfielder, he's below average for sure. I thought with hard work, he would rise to the level of at least average in LF. He has not. Nor is he hitting all that well of late. Yes, his OBP is okay with all the walks, but his batting average is disappointing right now. He has been less disciplined at the plate lately too. Seems like he's less willing to take walks. The Cubs will miss Sale in this series that begins on Friday with Jake Arrieta scheduled to pitch in the opener. The weather forecast is terrible and getting the games in on Friday and Saturday may be a challenge. Looks like the Sunday night game should be okay, with the national audience focusing on what could be a World Series preview.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I know, it's anything but a sure thing. But the Red Sox and Cubs are two of the favorites this year and it sure would be fun to see Epstein's two teams battling it out for another title. It will be nice to have Schwarber DH in the series. I was wrong about Schwarber as an outfielder, he's below average for sure. I thought with hard work, he would rise to the level of at least average in LF. He has not. Nor is he hitting all that well of late. Yes, his OBP is okay with all the walks, but his batting average is disappointing right now. He has been less disciplined at the plate lately too. Seems like he's less willing to take walks. The Cubs will miss Sale in this series that begins on Friday with Jake Arrieta scheduled to pitch in the opener. The weather forecast is terrible and getting the games in on Friday and Saturday may be a challenge. Looks like the Sunday night game should be okay, with the national audience focusing on what could be a World Series preview.

Cubs missed their chance to get a king's ransom for Schwarber from an AL team. Theo has blinders for the guy, and Len infuriates me when he says the Cubs are above average defensively at every position, when it is obvious to anyone with a brain that it doesn't apply to LF.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Cubs missed their chance to get a king's ransom for Schwarber from an AL team. Theo has blinders for the guy, and Len infuriates me when he says the Cubs are above average defensively at every position, when it is obvious to anyone with a brain that it doesn't apply to LF.

not sure about catcher either from the eyeball test but I'd have to look that one up. Contrearas likes to show his arm off which seems to me skews opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way