It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Polecat666 wrote:
And his trade value vanishes.

Which would be a source of concern, if Theo was at all likely to trade him. But Schwarber is perhaps his favorite player. With Haap ready now, and likely to contribute far better defense and (currently) offense as well, a trade for a starting pitcher (Anderson sure looks like a bad idea) for schwarber, who might be a top of the rotation kind of guy- might be wise. but I don't think Theo would share that thinking.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Polecat666 wrote:
And his trade value vanishes.

Which would be a source of concern, if Theo was at all likely to trade him. But Schwarber is perhaps his favorite player. With Haap ready now, and likely to contribute far better defense and (currently) offense as well, a trade for a starting pitcher (Anderson sure looks like a bad idea) for schwarber, who might be a top of the rotation kind of guy- might be wise. but I don't think Theo would share that thinking.

Maybe they can trade him for Denard Span or Jordan Zimmermann.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
a).236/.302/.478 - 51 BB 152K

b) .227/.342/.446 - 56 BB 121 K

c) .237/.364/.490 - 107BB 193 K

d) .342/.474/.690 -133 BB 86K

162 game averages - courtesy Baseball Reference -

Who is who above? Ill give you D, its thrown in for laughs as Ruth was who Schwarber had been compared to - lol

A) Dave Kingman
B) K. Schwarber * hasn't been healthy enough to log 162 games
C) Adam Dunn
D) Babe Ruth

A comparison to Adam Dunn or Dave Kingman would be more appropriate -

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Dave Kingman was awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
if he lost a contact, that might explain things.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
thewatcher wrote:

Who is who above? Ill give you D, its thrown in for laughs as Ruth was who Schwarber had been compared to - lol

A) Dave Kingman
C) Adam Dunn
D) Babe Ruth

Those comparisons are garbage, Schwarber will be a .280 Hitter with an obp of .360 ish. And fuck Babe Ruth, he was playing against guys who held full time jobs in the off season.

Last edited by 312player on Mon May 08, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
312player wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

A) Dave Kingman
C) Adam Dunn
D) Babe Ruth

Those comparisons are garbage, Schwarber will be a .280 Hitter with an obp of .360 ish. And fucj Have Ruth, he was playing against guys who held full time jobs in the off season.

Whats?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 am 

LOL - "garbage" -

Just some fun stats to throw out there simply because of the incorrect Ruth - Schwarber comparisons I have heard over the past 2+ years - Having a career like Adam Dunn or Dave Kingman isn't a disgrace - folks just need to tap their brakes before anointing anyone the next Babe Ruth - baseball has a fantastic way of humbling folks -

Obviously what has happened is the league has a ton of film on Schwarber now - and they have adjusted and figured out how to pith him - question is can he adjust or is he a 3 outcome batter - BB,K,HR - with 2 to 3 times as many K's as walks -

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
:lol: I like how Sox fans have actually convinced themselves that Cubs fans honestly think Schwarber is Babe Ruth. I guess if you say something enough, you begin to eventually believe it.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:29 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Of course we are exaggerating a little, but there were MANY people here who thought Schwarber would hit .280+ with 35-40HRs every year.

312, you are insane. He might he .280 for one season. His career batting average will be nowhere near .280. At this point, the ceiling for that is probably more like .260. He should get on base at a pretty good clip.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Of course we are exaggerating a little, but there were MANY people here who thought Schwarber would hit .280+ with 35-40HRs every year.

312, you are insane. He might he .280 for one season. His career batting average will be nowhere near .280. At this point, the ceiling for that is probably more like .260. He should get on base at a pretty good clip.

So, predicting 35 homers is just A LITTLE different than calling him the next Babe Ruth?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

So, predicting 35 homers is just A LITTLE different than calling him the next Babe Ruth?

Frank has already graciously allowed you to walk back your Ruth comparison and now you want to push your luck?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

leashyourkids wrote:
Your right. Sox nation is just mad at the fact of 2016. They are fucking illeterate fuckheads who couldnt tell the entrence from the exit with 12,000 people at there park!

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:43 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: I like how Sox fans have actually convinced themselves that Cubs fans honestly think Schwarber is Babe Ruth. I guess if you say something enough, you begin to eventually believe it.

Not a Sox v Cub thing - I'm damn sure it wasn't Sox fans I heard referring to Kyle as Babe Schwarber - lol

Its all good - he still a talented kid I would like to see on an AL team as the DH and not batting leadoff - Like I said having a career like Kingman or Dunn isn't that bad - Maybe if he works really hard, & shoots for the stars he can be the next Jim Thome -

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 am 

Thewatcher throwing his hat in the ring for rookie of the year

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

Having Vito & Nick's as his pizza place and these posts is one hellava start.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
FavreFan wrote:
Thewatcher throwing his hat in the ring for rookie of the year

Nope.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:00 am 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Frank has already graciously allowed you to walk back your Ruth comparison and now you want to push your luck?

The Hammer is very kind to show mercy.

Last year, Rozner said Schwarber was going to hit 37 homeruns. This year, Parkins set the over/under at something in the 30's, and Spiegs took the over, and he said it would hit easily. The buzz for this guy was out of control. He can't hit lefties, and he is a defensive nightmare.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105901

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Tue May 09, 2017 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:10 am 

So I guess the Sox shouldn't have traded Chris Sale for him....

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 am 

Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last year, Rozner said Schwarber was going to hit 37 homeruns. This year, Parkins set the over/under at something in the 30's, and Spiegs took the over, and he said it would hit easily. The buzz for this guy was out of control. He can't hit lefties, and he is a defensive nightmare.

He could still do those things. No one is writing him off except Sox fans. And none of what you mentioned is remotely close to seriously calling him the next Babe Ruth.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:17 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He could still do those things. No one is writing him off except Sox fans. And none of what you mentioned is remotely close to seriously calling him the next Babe Ruth.

The link I provided has MANY Cubs' fans calling him a generational talent. Babe Ruth was a generational talent.

I'm not writing anybody off. Just correctly pointing out MANY got their heads out over their skis regarding Babe Schwarber.

<º)))><

Last edited by Chus on Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

He could still do those things.

You trying to convince us or yourself?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:19 am 

Chus wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The link I provided has MANY Cubs' fans calling him a generational talent. Babe Ruth was a generational talent.

I'm not writing anybody off. Just correctly pointing out MANY got their heads out over their skis.

Trolling.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:20 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Chus wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm not writing anybody off. Just correctly pointing out MANY got their heads out over their skis.

Trolling.

No, I am just laughing at the "Generational Talent" thread.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:21 am 

No, I meant that thread was a trolling thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 am 

Oh, it was just trolling. Of course it was.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
As with most things Sox/Cubs, if there is a Sox fan reason to be joyful of Kyle Ruth's miserable year it is soley due to the Cub fans ridiculous building up of him. They Legend, the generational talent, the sound off his bat. BTW, it was some dumbass story Bernsie told about Theo calling him Babe or something when they drafted him or scouted him.

As for Babe it might be true though. You can just call these first couple of years as he improves the same as those early years Babe was spending his time being a top pitcher. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:27 am 

pittmike wrote:
As with most things Sox/Cubs, if there is a Sox fan reason to be joyful of Kyle Ruth's miserable year it is soley due to the Cub fans ridiculous building up of him. They Legend, the generational talent, the sound off his bat. BTW, it was some dumbass story Bernsie told about Theo calling him Babe or something when they drafted him or scouted him.

As for Babe it might be true though. You can just call these first couple of years as he improves the same as those early years Babe was spending his time being a top pitcher. :lol:
I believe it was actually Spiegel who had someone tell them that and there were a few other references to it from around the actual Cubs team.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I believe it was actually Spiegel who had someone tell them that and there were a few other references to it from around the actual Cubs team.

I stand corrected but either way...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:35 am 

:lol: Sox fans get so upset that Cubs fans aren't miserable too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next