It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:37 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: Sox fans get so upset that Cubs fans aren't miserable too.

:lol:

That's ridiculous. You and One Post and Caller Bob come off as far more miserable than FavreFan, dolphin, and I do. Actually, the only non-miserable Cub fan you guys have is Matches Malone.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

That's ridiculous. You and One Post and Caller Bob come off as far more miserable than FavreFan, dolphin, and I do. Actually, the only non-miserable Cub fan you guys have is Matches Malone.

Huh? How do we come off at all miserable?

I agree FF and GD don't, but you do. You get very upset at the Cubs. And you didn't mention pittmike or Frank, who lose their minds over Cubs optimism. Just look at this thread.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You really asking how Caller Bob comes off as miserable?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:45 am 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You really asking how Caller Bob comes off as miserable?

bob is a free spirit.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:45 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I agree FF and GD don't, but you do. You get very upset at the Cubs. And you didn't mention pittmike or Frank, who lose their minds over Cubs optimism. Just look at this thread.

You're obviously a very angry Cub fan. pittmike and Frank are jovial fellows. I did forget that Peoria Matt and Hank are happy-go-lucky Cub fans. The rest of you- miserable.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You're obviously a very angry Cub fan. pittmike and Frank are jovial fellows. I did forget that Peoria Matt and Hank are happy-go-lucky Cub fans. The rest of you- miserable.

Nonsense. Just look at this passive-aggressive thread you created yesterday where you proceeded to rip off poor Darkside and Don Tinys' heads. You are coming unhinged, my friend...

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=106472

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:50 am 

Sox fans tried to warn you that it never feels as good as the first title season. You can see it in most of your posts that it just isn't enjoyable any more.

The good news is that if the Cubs don't win anything for the next 30 years the feeling should come back.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:51 am 
Site Admin

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Nonsense. Just look at this passive-aggressive thread you created yesterday where you proceeded to rip off poor Darkside and Don Tinys' heads. You are coming unhinged, my friend...

:lol: That thread wasn't passive-aggressive and instead of adding to the thread Don Tiny and Darkside did their thing- fire insults. Just two of the many miserable Cub fans who post in this forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sox fans tried to warn you that it never feels as good as the first title season. You can see it in most of your posts that it just isn't enjoyable any more.

The good news is that if the Cubs don't win anything for the next 30 years the feeling should come back.

Yeah, it's a bit silly they ignored advice from the fans who have been there before.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

:lol: That thread wasn't passive-aggressive and instead of adding to the thread Don Tiny and Darkside did their thing- fire insults. Just two of the many miserable Cub fans who post in this forum.

Calm down. We're all friends here... no need to get hostile.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It was actually sad to see them profiling a .190 hitter on 60 Minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:54 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Oh man... when did you come back?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It was actually sad to see them profiling a .190 hitter on 60 Minutes.
Maybe he can be on Dancing With The Stars next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 am 

This thread is turning green.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:57 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

A guy who thinks it is hilarious to berate and insult workers in the fast food industry and who also gets pissed when his co-workers chose to participate in their kids activities instead of chaining themselves to a desk is calling other people miserable.

Unreal.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:58 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

We're being nice in this thread. Nobody is even mentioning how Abreu is superior to Rizzo again

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 am 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

A guy who thinks it is hilarious to berate and insult workers in the fast food industry and who also gets pissed when his co-workers chose to participate in their kids activities instead of chaining themselves to a desk is calling other people miserable.

Unreal.

I've never berated a worker in the fast food industry. Also, I don't care what activities people participate in with their kids. They just shouldn't complain when their choices cause them to earn 32 cents less per hour than the people doing the work.

And yeah, you sound like a very happy dude. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Beggars
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

We're being nice in this thread. Nobody is even mentioning how Abreu is superior to Rizzo again

Good one, man! These fucking turds will never live that one down!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The Cubs have won 7 or the 10 series' played so far. They have not played well, compared to last season, but there is no reason to believe they will not get on another 15/20 roll and there is no reason not to think they will acquire another starting pitcher if needed (Brett Anderson doesn't seem like the fit they hoped he would be) to bolster the rotation. This team will win 90 or more games and repeat as N.L. Central champs. Book it.

As far as Schwarber, he has always had a higher than ideal swing and miss percentage. That's why he hit for a lower average ever since he came up. But he has prodigious power and a good eye. Kind of an odd thing, when a hitter has such a good batting eye and discipline at the plate, yet still strikes out a lot. I don't like him in the leadoff spot and maybe a change (as Sheryl Crow might say) would do him good. They really don't have a prototypical leadoff hitter since Fowler was let go. Hoping Almora might develop into one, even if he is not a big base stealer.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I don't like him in the leadoff spot and maybe a change (as Sheryl Crow might say) would do him good.

You're seriously quoting Sheryl Crow? That may actually be the most beta thing ever.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Ron Santo Pro's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
As far as Schwarber, he has always had a higher than ideal swing and miss percentage. That's why he hit for a lower average ever since he came up. But he has prodigious power and a good eye. Kind of an odd thing, when a hitter has such a good batting eye and discipline at the plate, yet still strikes out a lot. I don't like him in the leadoff spot and maybe a change (as Sheryl Crow might say) would do him good. They really don't have a prototypical leadoff hitter since Fowler was let go. Hoping Almora might develop into one, even if he is not a big base stealer.

My Dad told me about how great Dave Kingman was and I thought Kyle was going to be just like him. Instead he can't even hit. I wish we had Matt Davidson.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:25 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The Cubs have won 7 or the 10 series' played so far. They have not played well, compared to last season, but there is no reason to believe they will not get on another 15/20 roll and there is no reason not to think they will acquire another starting pitcher if needed (Brett Anderson doesn't seem like the fit they hoped he would be) to bolster the rotation. This team will win 90 or more games and repeat as N.L. Central champs. Book it.

Hey JORR, I'll try to be more optimistic like this guy in the future.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:25 am 
Site Admin

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Brett Anderson doesn't seem like the fit they hoped he would be

Actually, he fits quite well with Lackey and unjuiced Arrieta.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:26 am 

leashyourkids wrote:

2016 pretty much wiped 2005 from the history books. It's going to to take some time for Sox fans to get over that, if ever.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

2016 pretty much wiped 2005 from the history books. It's going to to take some time for Sox fans to get over that, if ever.

I dunno - unless you are over 100 years old both teams are even as far as WS titles.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
thewatcher wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I dunno - unless you are over 100 years old both teams are even as far as WS titles.

One step further

I'm 47 -

Ill rank the titles I have seen here in Chicago during my lifetime

1) 2005 White Sox - juggernaut caught lighting in a bottle -
2) Bulls 2nd 3peat
3) Bulls 1st 3 peat
4) Cubs 2016
5) Bears 1985

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:38 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Lackey is fine. he is not a top of the rotation guy at this point in his career and wasn't paid to be. He's a guy who will give his team a chance to win games more often than not. He will wind up with a winning record, 30 starts and probably not in the rotation this year in the post season. Arrieta will win 18 or more games again and be dominant in many of his starts. He has had starts where he has had trouble locating pitches, but has had filthy stuff. I'm confident he will get his control worked out.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Lackey is fine. he is not a top of the rotation guy at this point in his career and wasn't paid to be. He's a guy who will give his team a chance to win games more often than not. He will wind up with a winning record, 30 starts and probably not in the rotation this year in the post season. Arrieta will win 18 or more games again and be dominant in many of his starts. He has had starts where he has had trouble locating pitches, but has had filthy stuff. I'm confident he will get his control worked out.

What about Span and Zimmermann?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:40 am 

thewatcher wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

One step further

I'm 47 -

Ill rank the titles I have seen here in Chicago during my lifetime

1) 2005 White Sox - juggernaut caught lighting in a bottle -
2) Bulls 2nd 3peat
3) Bulls 1st 3 peat
4) Cubs 2016
5) Bears 1985

Rookie of the year case grows stronger

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Hey JORR, I'll try to be more optimistic like this guy in the future.
All leash wants to do, is have some fun. Cuz when the sun comes up, you know the Cubs are gonna win again.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next