It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Not bad, Flapjacks. Not bad.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Frank Coztansa wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
The Cubs have won 7 or the 10 series' played so far. They have not played well, compared to last season, but there is no reason to believe they will not get on another 15/20 roll and there is no reason not to think they will acquire another starting pitcher if needed (Brett Anderson doesn't seem like the fit they hoped he would be) to bolster the rotation. This team will win 90 or more games and repeat as N.L. Central champs. Book it.

As far as Schwarber, he has always had a higher than ideal swing and miss percentage. That's why he hit for a lower average ever since he came up. But he has prodigious power and a good eye. Kind of an odd thing, when a hitter has such a good batting eye and discipline at the plate, yet still strikes out a lot. I don't like him in the leadoff spot and maybe a change (as Sheryl Crow might say) would do him good. They really don't have a prototypical leadoff hitter since Fowler was let go. Hoping Almora might develop into one, even if he is not a big base stealer.

Hey JORR, I'll try to be more optimistic like this guy in the future.
All leash wants to do, is have some fun. Cuz when the sun comes up, you know the Cubs are gonna win again.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sox fans tried to warn you that it never feels as good as the first title season. You can see it in most of your posts that it just isn't enjoyable any more

Of course 12 crappy seasons following your title season don't feel as good as the title season.
What does this post even mean?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Sox fans tried to warn you that it never feels as good as the first title season. You can see it in most of your posts that it just isn't enjoyable any more

Of course 12 crappy seasons following your title season don't feel as good as the title season.

The Sox have been shitty the last few seasons, with losing records in a couple of them when they were expected to be competitive. I have enjoyed their underachieving as much as anyone. But to say they have had 12 crappy seasons is not accurate. In 2006 they won 90 games (though they missed the playoffs) and that is not a crappy season. But over the past several......crappy.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Elmhurst Steve seemed to understand it yet you didn't.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:07 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I understand that you make snarky comments.
Of course nothing you've experienced since your title run felt as good as a championship. Cause they haven't won anything since.
I enjoyed every bulls championship season, and in fact enjoyed the first threepeat and the second one more than either of the first in the trilogies.
I enjoyed the 2nd and third Stanley cups as much as the first one.
Basically you're just trolling and got caught.
Handle it.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:11 pm 

It wasn't trolling unless you are so sensitive that you can't handle anyone making an observation.

The Sox were a good team who won 90 games the next year. During the season it wasn't anything close to the same as 2005. Every season since, whether good or bad, has not felt the same way. Something significant was lost when you no longer are going for that "first title".

Do you honestly think my point was "Future Sox seasons didn't feel as good because they didn't win a title in those seasons." :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I also understand that the Sox were a team that caught lightning in a bottle so to speak. Kenny took older players, added veterans like Podsednik, Jose Contreras, Orlando Hernandez, Jermain Dye, A.J. Pierznski, Freddy Garcia, and Carl Everett and it all worked. But it wasn't designed to work over a longer stretch, but to allow the team to compete right away. The Cubs are designed to win for years to come, with guys still in development that will be taking part in teams next year and the following year to allow them to continue to contend for titles. Of course they might trade away some of the great talent on the farm in order to get pieces that might better allow them a chance to win again this season. But with most of the core being younger players, this team will contend for several years to come at least.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It wasn't trolling unless you are so sensitive that you can't handle anyone making an observation.

The Sox were a good team who won 90 games the next year. During the season it wasn't anything close to the same as 2005. Every season since, whether good or bad, has not felt the same way. Something significant was lost when you no longer are going for that "first title".

Do you honestly think my point was "Future Sox seasons didn't feel as good because they didn't win a title in those seasons." :lol:

Of course they didn't feel as good as a championship season.
In 05 everyone knew all year they were a fantastic team. Just like in 16 everyone knew the cubs were a fantastic team.
If the 06 team was as good as the 05 team and actually won something you'd be looking back saying that the repeat was just as enjoyable as the 05 season.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:24 pm 

Darkside wrote:
you'd be looking back saying that the repeat was just as enjoyable as the 05 season.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I also understand that the Sox were a team that caught lightning in a bottle so to speak. Kenny took older players, added veterans like Podsednik, Jose Contreras, Orlando Hernandez, Jermain Dye, A.J. Pierznski, Freddy Garcia, and Carl Everett and it all worked. But it wasn't designed to work over a longer stretch, but to allow the team to compete right away. The Cubs are designed to win for years to come, with guys still in development that will be taking part in teams next year and the following year to allow them to continue to contend for titles. Of course they might trade away some of the great talent on the farm in order to get pieces that might better allow them a chance to win again this season. But with most of the core being younger players, this team will contend for several years to come at least.

That's not really true. The 2006 White Sox were the best team of my lifetime on paper. Easily better than the champions of the previous year. The pitching had just done too much in winning the prior season and came undone late the next year. See Cubs 2017. It's hard to repeat.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:26 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
you'd be looking back saying that the repeat was just as enjoyable as the 05 season.

You don't think you would have enjoyed the 06 season more had they won a back to back world series title? Is that why that's hilarious?
Repeats are so bloody rare that I can't imagine you wouldn't have... especially with another reason to rub the north Siders nose in it.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
That's not really true. The 2006 White Sox were the best team of my lifetime on paper. Easily better than the champions of the previous year. The pitching had just done too much in winning the prior season and came undone late the next year. See Cubs 2017. It's hard to repeat.
My belief is that even if they had repeated which was a reasonable possibility for most of the year that it still didn't feel the same or was as enjoyable. Deep down I think a lot of people here realize that the best moment of their baseball lives has already happened. That's all I'm saying.

If Darkside will enjoy future championships as much as 2016 then I'll be happy for him. I know I wouldn't enjoy a White Sox title this year as much as I did 2005.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:30 pm 

Darkside wrote:
You don't think you would have enjoyed the 06 season more had they won a back to back world series title? Is that why that's hilarious?
I would not have enjoyed 2006 more than 2005 no matter what happened.

Of course winning a title is better than not winning the title but that has never been the discussion.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:32 pm 

* The Cubs are the only team in MLB that has a chance to repeat this year.

* No NL team has repeated Since the 70's Big Red Machine. So odds of Cubs doing so...are slim. Still, there's a chance.

* I'm enjoying this season just fine. It's fun to watch and I'm hopeful the Cubs will play better as season rolls along.

* On the injury front..so far so good. Hope they stay healthy.

* The NL Central is pretty weak...and there are Wild Card positions available. I'd just like to see the Cubs get into the playoffs (3rd consecutive year),...in any fashion.....and I'll "Sit Back",..."Strap it Down"...and see if they can make another run at a WS title. ** Read that again...if they make the playoff's...that'd be three consecutive years! A Cubs team doing that? Love it.

* The Cubs winning ANOTHER World Series? Oh gee...guess that wouldn't be as enjoyable as last year?? :lol: :lol: I hope we get to find out.

* Go Cubs!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:33 pm 

Darkside is awfully testy for a guy enjoying the season.

Keep speaking truth to power Rick!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
thewatcher wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: Sox fans get so upset that Cubs fans aren't miserable too.

2016 pretty much wiped 2005 from the history books. It's going to to take some time for Sox fans to get over that, if ever.

I dunno - unless you are over 100 years old both teams are even as far as WS titles.

One step further

I'm 47 -

Ill rank the titles I have seen here in Chicago during my lifetime

1) 2005 White Sox - juggernaut caught lighting in a bottle -
2) Bulls 2nd 3peat
3) Bulls 1st 3 peat
4) Cubs 2016
5) Bears 1985

Hockey Hater :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
pittmike wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
thewatcher wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: Sox fans get so upset that Cubs fans aren't miserable too.

2016 pretty much wiped 2005 from the history books. It's going to to take some time for Sox fans to get over that, if ever.

I dunno - unless you are over 100 years old both teams are even as far as WS titles.

One step further

I'm 47 -

Ill rank the titles I have seen here in Chicago during my lifetime

1) 2005 White Sox - juggernaut caught lighting in a bottle -
2) Bulls 2nd 3peat
3) Bulls 1st 3 peat
4) Cubs 2016
5) Bears 1985

Hockey Hater :roll:

guilty as charged - never played it - never liked it -

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Gr8 b8 m8!

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:08 pm 

Darkside wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Gr8 b8 m8!

You keep using words like "snarky" and "bloody" and people will start thinking you are an English dandy. Do you know what happens to English dandies around here?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Gr8 b8 m8!

You keep using words like "snarky" and "bloody" and people will start thinking you are an English dandy. Do you know what happens to English dandies around here?

Depends.

Are they from Lower or Upper Uncton?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

walkrman5 wrote:
* The NL Central is pretty weak...and there are Wild Card positions available.

Reach for the sky! #That'sCub

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
* The NL Central is pretty weak...and there are Wild Card positions available.

Reach for the sky! #That'sCub

Mad or drunk?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Darkside wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Gr8 b8 m8!

They make dolphins look like silly nannies?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
.186 average, .675 OPS. Yikes.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I think he needs 10 days down in Iowa to get back into some kind of groove. Sub .200/.350/.400 for his last 100 PA.

If it's a meritocracy, if one of Baez, Almora, Schwarber, or Happ (all 1st round picks) have to go back down when Heyward comes off the DL, it should be Schwarber.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:59 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I think he needs 10 days down in Iowa to get back into some kind of groove. Sub .200/.350/.400 for his last 100 PA.

If it's a meritocracy, if one of Baez, Almora, Schwarber, or Happ (all 1st round picks) have to go back down when Heyward comes off the DL, it should be Schwarber.

They should just put Schwarber on the 10 day DL with the injury of sucking. Let him get a dozen games at AAA in his "rehab" stint.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
10 days down in Iowa to get back into some kind of groove.

These words don't belong together.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Right now my loyalty is to no one. Send Shwarb down,stick Happ in LF. Bench Baez until he feels like hitting to RF once in awhile.

Maddon pointing to his leadoff man's .310 OBP like it's a positive is sad. He's not selling this Cub fan a bottle of Vinny's extra dry and telling me it's from the 1927 French vineyards!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

jimmypasta wrote:
Maddon pointing to his leadoff man's .310 OBP like it's a positive is sad.

#That'sCub

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next