It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I posted this in another thread. Based on what you have seen this season, what makes you think that the Cubs can play ~.576* baseball for four and a half months straight?

*That was the % they needed to have to get to 90 wins on Monday, so its a bit lower now.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
My baseball knowledge does not have to be based on just six weeks.

This Cubs' team is essentially the same team as last year's. The early May 2017 Cubs may simply be the late June / early July 2016 Cubs.

Furthermore, in both 2015 and 2016, when I mentioned the Cubs would hit better once the weather warmed up, it was dismissed. And then it happened.

Why wouldn't the Cubs start hitting more in the next few weeks? Starting now, essentially.

The Cubs are winning 90 or more games. Would you like to put up a Benjamin that says that won't happen?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:49 am 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
This Cubs' team is essentially the same team as last year's.
This isn't even close to being true. You should take a good, hard look at the last six weeks and get smarter on this subject.

You wanting to bet after chasing me around the board claiming I welched on a bet that was never made is rich.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:58 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:
This isn't even close to being true. You should take a good, hard look at the last six weeks and get smarter on this subject.

You wanting to bet after chasing me around the board claiming I welched on a bet that was never made is rich.

Take a look at the six weeks from mid June 2016 to early July 2016. One could argue that team wasn't the 2016 team. The point is six weeks in a baseball season is still a pretty small sample size. We're not 25% of the way through the season yet.

Also, do not flatter yourself. I chase no one around the board, and I have no idea what bet you're speaking of.

Are you declining the bet?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
This ten game homestand is Reds, Giants, Brewers. Going 7-3 is not crazy, given that the Giants are cratering even worse and they can really get into the depths of the Giants bullpen.

Their next road trip is Dodgers and Padres. Let's be pessimists and put them on 2-4 since I'm going to the center 4 games of that trip, and they'll probably get 2-hit by Clayton Richard.

Then they have a tough homestand: STL, FLA, COL. They have to go 5-5 on that one, anything else is a bonus.

And then they are rewarded by their last 22 before the ASG:
- 3 @ PIT
- 3 vs SD
- 4 @ MIA
- 4 @ WAS
- 3 @ CIN
- 2 vs TB
- 3 vs PIT

They need to go 14-8 in this stretch. If PIT has completely rolled over by then and started trading pieces, it's possible.

Still, all of that puts them just 5-7 games above 500.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:01 am 
100000 CLUB

I asked a question with a simple qualifier, IMU, and you have ignored it.

Thats cool.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am 

The 2017 Cubs are a good team. That is the answer.

Now let me ask you a question. Why do you speak in certainties yet refused to put up $100 to back it up? Makes you look like a pussy ass bitch when it is an annual occurrence with you.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:06 am 
100000 CLUB

Big man using curse words on a keyboard. That is sure to help you prove your point.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:06 am 

Let the record show Frank believes the Cubs WILL win 90 or more games.

We appreciate your confidence in our favorite club, Frank.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
In IMU's defense, Sox fans do have a tendency to make these proclamations of certainty and then refuse to put any money on it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 am 
100000 CLUB

#FakeNews.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't know where consistent starting pitching is going to come from outside of Lester and maybe Hendricks. That and the defense which made the starters so much better last year are the big differences this year. This staff isn't going to be close to last years .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:11 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
#FakeNews.

Really? You don't remember Sox fans refusing to bet Bigfan on something which dolphin said was certain to happen? As I recall, Seacrest ended up taking the bet and paying it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:15 am 
100000 CLUB

The #FakeNews was in reply to IMU.

And yes, I remember that thread quite well :lol:
bigfan wanted to offer something like $3 per game, and then $1 per loss on Sox vs Cubs record.... or something crazy like that. I made fun of him, told him that I would take $50 that the Cubs would not win more games in 2016 than they did in 2015 (which I would have lost), and he flipped out, deleted a bunch of my posts, then banned me.

WAGERS JUST FINE?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:10 pm 

When I say something is going to happen, I believe it as it is based on my sound baseball expertise. When you (Frank) say something, it is to rile Cubs fans as you have no certainty regarding your opinion and do not have the confidence to back it up.

That is all. It is as simple as that. Hashtag it however you like. #Coward

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
I believe it as it is based on my sound baseball expertise.

IMU wrote:
Except for, you know, the leadoff hitter, the outfielders, the closer, no 3rd catcher, and the 5th starter.

You keep attesting to being a smart baseball fan, yet contradict yourself with posts like the ones I have quoted above, which were made barely two hours apart mind you. I suppose your posts should be hashtagged "#IM Dumbass"

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:47 pm 

IMU wrote:
[ We're not 25% of the way through the season yet. ?

You will be in about 12 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:50 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I don't know where consistent starting pitching is going to come from outside of Lester and maybe Hendricks. That and the defense which made the starters so much better last year are the big differences this year. This staff isn't going to be close to last years .

and Dexter Fowler

if I was going to troll I'd say David Ross, since I was told just about everywhere I looked how important he was

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
#FakeNews.

Really? You don't remember Sox fans refusing to bet Bigfan on something which dolphin said was certain to happen? As I recall, Seacrest ended up taking the bet and paying it.

Obviously you do not.

He wanted to bet $1,000 and put together a consortium.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
badrogue17 wrote:

The issues with pitching are valid. Defense and hitting won't be a problem. They're definitely going to have to trade for at least 1 starter. Lackey and Arrieta don't have much left. Thank God they didn't pay Arrieta.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:12 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
#FakeNews.

I remember the thread. I don't think you do. There were no Sox fans making proclamations they were refusing to bet on in that thread.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:58 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

and Dexter Fowler

if I was going to troll I'd say David Ross, since I was told just about everywhere I looked how important he was

Fowler not being in the lead-off spot is a huge difference and they are feeling that pain.

The pitching is coming around.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I was on record saying that this was comparable to 04 when they decided Lofton wasn't needed. Fowler isn't setting the world on fire this year but he "fit" on this team. They just don't have anyone else that would do what he could. I don't know why they didn't have Zobrist be the leadoff guy, other than he looks kinda toast right now, but Baez HAD to play every day, which makes no sense to me offensively.

It's hard to gauge how different a team is from season to season. One building block gets taken out and nothing else fits back in its place, the structure will eventually fail. They can still be good, but they're fatally flawed at the moment. Until further notice, they'll remind me of the 04 Cubs, and bear in mind that in 04 the Cubs made what certainly looked like a genius trade, getting Nomar from the BoSox. Red bursting crotch dots later, and the Cubs imploded. I'll never forget that Mets game, I watched it live and you knew it was over. Most disappointing season ever.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
City of Fools wrote:
I was on record saying that this was comparable to 04 when they decided Lofton wasn't needed. Fowler isn't setting the world on fire this year but he "fit" on this team. They just don't have anyone else that would do what he could. I don't know why they didn't have Zobrist be the leadoff guy, other than he looks kinda toast right now, but Baez HAD to play every day, which makes no sense to me offensively.

It's hard to gauge how different a team is from season to season. One building block gets taken out and nothing else fits back in its place, the structure will eventually fail. They can still be good, but they're fatally flawed at the moment. Until further notice, they'll remind me of the 04 Cubs, and bear in mind that in 04 the Cubs made what certainly looked like a genius trade, getting Nomar from the BoSox. Red bursting crotch dots later, and the Cubs imploded. I'll never forget that Mets game, I watched it live and you knew it was over. Most disappointing season ever.

HUH?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

This is a terribly flawed analogy. I get why it's easy to make analogies to past Cub teams, but they simply don't apply. This team has literally nothing to do with the 2004 Cub team

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
City of Fools wrote:

Get a gallon of gas.
Drink as much as you can
pour remainder on body
play with matches.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:00 pm 

Such a typical CofF post. :lol:

He is pretty much on the record for everything....and he loves to remind people.

Hilarious

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Get a gallon of gas.
Drink as much as you can
pour remainder on body
play with matches.

This is poor advice, CoF. It will likely lead to your death.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:03 pm 

CoF said there was a 0% chance Trump would win.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Get a gallon of gas.
Drink as much as you can
pour remainder on body
play with matches.

This is poor advice, CoF. It will likely lead to your death.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next