It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The most successful baseball team of the last 8 years with 3 WS titles ,the SF Giants missed the playoffs the next year after they won. It's early until it isn't . Of course that won't happen here.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 pm 

Nobody cares. Last year was the best team in mlb history. It will never be topped.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:04 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
The most successful baseball team of the last 8 years with 3 WS titles ,the SF Giants missed the playoffs the next year after they won. It's early until it isn't . Of course that won't happen here.

So are you saying...it's not early? It is too late? The Cubs will not make the playoff's this year because the Giants missed after their WS victories? What is the point of your post & what is your position?

I'm saying it is too early to panic. To panic now is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
They could very well miss the playoffs. My main point is that they just won the WS so it's hard for me to get too upset or get down on players that just won the most significant championship of my lifetime.

And I still wouldn't panic.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Don't panic, it's just baseball.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
badrogue17 wrote:

And they subsequently won the world series again in 2012 and 2014, so the Giants, may be a poor cautionary tale to use...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

So are you saying...it's not early? It is too late? The Cubs will not make the playoff's this year because the Giants missed after their WS victories? What is the point of your post & what is your position?

I'm saying it is too early to panic. To panic now is ridiculous.

No I'm saying a lot of people seem to think everything will work out fine for this team when there's very recent precedent that sucking the entire next year after winning it all is very possible . To Bobs point, Id feel a lot better if we had the best playoff pitcher of recent memory ( besides Andrew Miller of course) like the Giants have.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
They could very well miss the playoffs. My main point is that they just won the WS so it's hard for me to get too upset or get down on players that just won the most significant championship of my lifetime.

What I would really like to see from this years Cubs team is a playoff appearance. That is it. That would be three years in a row...and it would at least give them a chance to repeat. Of course...if they do get to the playoff's, I'll want them to advance & win the WS. We've all seen too many teams not even make the playoff's after winning the WS...so it wouldn't be the biggest shocker if the Cubs don't. Last years WS victory has me very relaxed and given me the ability to watch and see what happens instead of stressing out. Now if they miss the payoffs and look & play like this next year...I'll be pissed & shouting about it. Maybe that is how the players feel too and maybe that is why they look like crap right now.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

This ^ x 10000

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Still a small sample size. 18-19 is 20 -20 basically. They are so much better than this it has to turn around. I still see this team as constructed right now winning at least 82 games. This team right now is nothing like the team you will see in August or September after the trades are made. You all know this is going to happen. They have so many assets to deal they will go for it and by September this roster will not even be the same. Relax yall. Lets ball.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

The division is too shitty for them not to win it. It might only take 92 wins. They got it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:29 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Still a small sample size. 18-19 is 20 -20 basically. They are so much better than this it has to turn around. I still see this team as constructed right now winning at least 82 games. This team right now is nothing like the team you will see in August or September after the trades are made. You all know this is going to happen. They have so many assets to deal they will go for it and by September this roster will not even be the same. Relax yall. Lets ball.

I don't know how you can feel good about their pitching . They have one reliable starter and Hendricks seems to be getting close but the other 3 are so hit or miss anymore I don't know how they'll go on an 8 game run with those guys chucking it .

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:31 pm 

They are going to trade for pitching

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:59 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Scooter wrote:

I don't know how you can feel good about their pitching . They have one reliable starter and Hendricks seems to be getting close but the other 3 are so hit or miss anymore I don't know how they'll go on an 8 game run with those guys chucking it .

Bumgarner has pitched 36 innings in the World Series.

His ERA over those 36 innings is 0.25, Jesus Fucking Christ...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:04 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Scooter wrote:

They will get the pitching they need. To early now.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:10 pm 

One Post wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Bumgarner has pitched 36 innings in the World Series.

His ERA over those 36 innings is 0.25, Jesus Fucking Christ...

Chris Archer will be a starter on this roster by August. Probably Garrett Cole also. I have faith in TheoJed. So many tradeable assets like Baez. Happ. Candelario. Jiminez. Schwarber. I would entertain offers for all of them.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:12 pm 

Gerrit Cole is under cheap control for two more seasons. They are not going to trade him to the Cubs

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Gerrit Cole is under cheap control for two more seasons. They are not going to trade him to the Cubs

They sure would if the deal was right. Pirates always operate on the cheap. Deal could be made easier than you think cowboy.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:16 pm 

They wanted a randsom from the Cubs for Melocan last year. And he was a pending free agent.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 pm 

In my world nobody is untradeable even Schwarber. No one. Rizzo and Bryant also. But I would be a lousy GM like Ed Lynch.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:22 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
They wanted a randsom from the Cubs for Melocan last year. And he was a pending free agent.

Cubs did not do it did they? If you bend the Pirates enough they will cave. They always just do. Aramis Ramirez ring a bell. For Bobby fucking Hill or whatever AA pud they thought they were getting.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:24 pm 

That was a completely different regime.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:27 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

No shit. I was born last evening. Pirates MO has not changed in 30 years.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I put the gun down from my head after tonight. Refreshing.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

No shit. I was born last evening. Pirates MO has not changed in 30 years.

I don't know how to make this more clear to you..but Gerrit Cole isn't getting traded to the Cubs in 2017

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This team is built to contend for the next several seasons and will win more titles. They will win the N.L. central and more than 90 regular season games.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
They will not win 90 games this season.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
They will not win 90 games this season.

You may be right.....could be 91, 92.......

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Could, but it won't. The Cubs are not going to play at a .576 clip for 4 months. 88 or 89 wins will be the high water mark of this year's team.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Could, but it won't. The Cubs are not going to play at a .576 clip for 4 months. 88 or 89 wins will be the high water mark of this year's team.

This is actually pretty hilarious, considering during no 4 month stretch last season did the Cubs play any less than a .605 clip.