It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Looks like Julie Dicaro might be at the game.

Lol, I take it you are referring to the front row?

:wink:

If Julie was Rican n lost 85 lbs.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
My first thought was the secretary from the Drew Carrey Show...had gained a hundred pounds.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
oh look at that a Happ triple. Keep him on the bench Maddon, you stupid fuck.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:32 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
5-0! wtf. man i'm getting tired of this team.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
WTF...i switched over to the hockey game and the Cubs go crazy...let's come all the way back boys!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Damn. Really thought we were gonna take the lead that inning once it was 6-4

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:48 pm 

i just caught up. seems like 4 is all they're going to score tonight.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:56 pm 

ive pretty much come to the conclusion this is a .500 team or a team that will just be around .500. 2 months in, the issue is still the starting pitching. I dont think that is going to be changing much.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
HawaiiYou wrote:
ive pretty much come to the conclusion this is a .500 team or a team that will just be around .500. 2 months in, the issue is still the starting pitching. I dont think that is going to be changing much.

The thing is, does the 85 games they're going to win get them into the postseason crapshoot? Well, at least you caught lightning in a bottle last year. 2016!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

The thing is, does the 85 games they're going to win get them into the postseason crapshoot? Well, at least you caught lightning in a bottle last year. 2016!

Jelly.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Jelly.

Of what? A .500 team. There are a whole lot of those. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:22 pm 

:lol:

It is funny how the narrative changes. The last couple years it was the cubs have zero (0) percent chance to do it.

Now that they have won it, it is has flipped to well they caught lightning in a bottle and they cant do that again, as if that de-legitimizes the championship in some way.

Every team that wins the World Series catches lightning in a bottle

Will they win the WS again? Who knows. But I think all of us Cub fans will take our chances with the group they have assembled and the leaders who have assembled them.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:23 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Jelly.

Of what? A .500 team. There are a whole lot of those. :lol:

Very jelly.
Balance that shit out with some peanut butter man.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:

Glad to hear you admit that since "lightning in a bottle" has been a meme used by CFMB Cub fans to bash the Great 2005 White Sox. But it would be difficult to deny now that Kyle Schwarber's picture accompanies the definition of "lightning in a bottle".

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:28 pm 

lightning in a bottle for the cubs, the jury is still out since they have some years to repeat or get back. when you look back at the 05 Sox, it was more like everything right that year. but everything has to go right to win the WS.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Glad to hear you admit that since "lightning in a bottle" has been a meme used by CFMB Cub fans to bash the Great 2005 White Sox. But it would be difficult to deny now that Kyle Schwarber's picture accompanies the definition of "lightning in a bottle".

The 2005 Sox team was a great team that caught lightning in a bottle. The 2016 Cubs were a great team that caught lightning in a bottle. No asshat fans from the other side of town can take either of those away. And both fan bases pray daily that their team will catch lightning in a bottle again and again and again.

Schwarber may very well be the poster child for it...but who knows. Dude is still young. He has show the ability to mash and he has show the ability to suck. Which one is the real guy? Only time will tell. I will still gladly take my chances with him. And if he flames out and is never a good player again, he will still be forever remembered for an amazing series and a place in baseball history

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:37 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The 2005 Sox team was a great team that caught lightning in a bottle. The 2016 Cubs were a great team that caught lightning in a bottle. No asshat fans from the other side of town can take either of those away. And both fan bases pray daily that their team will catch lightning in a bottle again and again and again.

Schwarber may very well be the poster child for it...but who knows. Dude is still young. He has show the ability to mash and he has show the ability to suck. Which one is the real guy? Only time will tell. I will still gladly take my chances with him. And if he flames out and is never a good player again, he will still be forever remembered for an amazing series and a place in baseball history

Schwarber is already a Cubs Fan legend. If his career ended tomorrow, the Cubs would hire him as the color guy on tv so quick that Jim Dehaises would be the Kyle Schwarber of radio broadcasters.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:40 pm 

Also wouldn't it be more appropriate to say that Schwarber is the picture for Lightning in plexiglass?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:13 am 

RFDC wrote:
: But I think all of us Cub fans will take our chances with the group they have assembled and the leaders who have assembled them.

Overpriced, old pitching and bad defensive players are as much the fruit of the plan as anything you saw happen last year. It is the flip side of drafting the best college bat available irrespective of any other conditions.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:08 am 

Lightning in a bottle is another way of saying all the pieces clicked. Many had career years, great defense, good offense, good pitching window amounts of injuries. These conditions describe pretty much any championship team. You can't really win if these thjjngs don't happen.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
: But I think all of us Cub fans will take our chances with the group they have assembled and the leaders who have assembled them.

Overpriced, old pitching and bad defensive players are as much the fruit of the plan as anything you saw happen last year. It is the flip side of drafting the best college bat available irrespective of any other conditions.

The only bad defensive player on the Cubs is Schwarber. The rest are above average to gold glove caliber. For whatever reason, they have played quite poorly this season.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The only bad defensive player on the Cubs is Schwarber. The rest are above average to gold glove caliber. For whatever reason, they have played quite poorly this season.

or this year may be a more correct indication

Happ is a bad defender as well despite all the excitement over him "playing five positions"

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:17 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Happ is a bad defender as well despite all the excitement over him "playing five positions"

What are you basing this on?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
2016 > 2005 FOREVER!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Lester, Hendricks, and three piles of shit is not going to get it done in October.

Especially if Lester has to pitch to get them into the 2nd wild card, and then Hendricks has to start the WC game. That would mean piles of shit pitching games 1, 2, and 5 of an NLDS, which is sort of what happened to Cleveland in the World Series.

If Seattle continues to underperform, when Felix Hernandez comes off the DL, do you make a play for him and dangle Eloy and a couple of infielders out there?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Lester, Hendricks, and three piles of shit is not going to get it done in October.

Especially if Lester has to pitch to get them into the 2nd wild card, and then Hendricks has to start the WC game. That would mean piles of shit pitching games 1, 2, and 5 of an NLDS, which is sort of what happened to Cleveland in the World Series.

If Seattle continues to underperform, when Felix Hernandez comes off the DL, do you make a play for him and dangle Eloy and a couple of infielders out there?

They ain't gonna sniff October with Lester Hendricks and 3 piles of shit. Everyone keeps saying the Cubs are on the precipice of a 15-3 type run but there's no way that can happen when 3/5 of your rotation can't be relied on. You can't outhit a bad rotation , even if they do actually start hitting

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

I think they are targeting younger pitchers who are under team control for a considerable time (Quintana, Archer, etc.)

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What are you basing this on?

He's talking out of his ass, as usual. Happ is just fine on defense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next