It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
Word is Keith Law downgraded his grade for Theo on this pick from A++ to A+

:scratch: didn't Law express surprise at the pick?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
badrogue17 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Schwarber could never see the bigs again, and he was still a great pick.

Yup. He contributed greatly to a World Series winning team.

Bingo.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
Hatchetman wrote:
will trade Anderson, Rodon, Fulmer for him.

Nope

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Can someone explain how the heck being sent off to face considerably less-talented pitchers for a while is going to 'Make Kyle Great Again' when he comes back to face Major League pitching?

Hey Bill, look, I can see you're struggling with your house-building skills, so what we're gonna do is send you back to the office for a few weeks to build some small-scale homes with Lincoln Logs, which will be much easier for you to deal with, and we figure it'll 'clear your head' and thus make you a better builder when we bring you back out into the field.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well we can make all the Babe jokes and laugh at how Cub fans yet again went Tuffy Rhodes HOFer over Kyle. But he did give the excitement and the WS last year so good for them.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:53 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
That is why all other teams had him being drafted at the bottom on the first round. Luckily Theo was able to sign him under slot so that they could spend the money on other great prospects

:lol: The Cubs World Series has taken a lot out of dolphin.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Remember when it was laughable to suggest giving up Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Don Tiny wrote:
Can someone explain how the heck being sent off to face considerably less-talented pitchers for a while is going to 'Make Kyle Great Again' when he comes back to face Major League pitching?

Hey Bill, look, I can see you're struggling with your house-building skills, so what we're gonna do is send you back to the office for a few weeks to build some small-scale homes with Lincoln Logs, which will be much easier for you to deal with, and we figure it'll 'clear your head' and thus make you a better builder when we bring you back out into the field.

My guess is they think it is in his head now or want him to work on his approach. I don't know. How does batting .173 and looking the fool help you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:55 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Can someone explain how the heck being sent off to face considerably less-talented pitchers for a while is going to 'Make Kyle Great Again' when he comes back to face Major League pitching?[/i]
He won't be an anchor and basically an automatic out in the MLB lineup. He also doesn't have to play the field all the time, as the minors has a DH.

You can take "again" out of your statement. He was never great. At his absolute best, he was a .240 hitter with power.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Don Tiny wrote:

In a word? Confidence. Look what such a demotion did for Jose Berrios this year... Last year IIRC he had a 9.00+ ERA through ~40+ IP.

Post subject: Re: Schwarber demoted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 am 

walkrman5 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
This is about 80% on Maddon, and 20% on Kyle.

Please enlighten us. How is Joe responsible for Kyle's awful approach at the plate? I'll hang up and listen.

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks Joe's insistence on playing Kyle at lead off affected his mental approach. Just my opinion. No way to quantify it without Schwarber going rogue and blaming Maddon.

I'm not interested in placing blame anywhere or on anyone. Schwarber should have been sent down earlier though without a doubt. That said..I heard Maddon in the pre-season when talking about Schwarber as lead off....He indicated he always gets stats and info from the front office, and that there was encouragement from the front office to put Schwarber at lead-off. So...it may not have been all Maddon's idea. Again...the move was obviously wrong, and the Cubs & Maddon played it out too long without making the obvious change. I get what you are indicating on Maddon...I just remember what Maddon was saying about getting info and encouragement to place Schwarber there.

Go Cubs!

Maddon was condescendingly telling reporters "and why not" when asked if Schwarber would still be batting leadoff just weeks ago. His batting leadoff was clearly a pet project of Maddons.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Can someone explain how the heck being sent off to face considerably less-talented pitchers for a while is going to 'Make Kyle Great Again' when he comes back to face Major League pitching?[/i]
He won't be an anchor and basically an automatic out in the MLB lineup. He also doesn't have to play the field all the time, as the minors has a DH.

You can take "again" out of your statement. He was never great. At his absolute best, he was a .240 hitter with power.

If you thought my purpose of writing the phrase 'Making Kyle Great Again' was to indicate that I thought he was great before, then maybe Bob, et al, have a point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:59 am 

City of Fools wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Word is Keith Law downgraded his grade for Theo on this pick from A++ to A+

:scratch: didn't Law express surprise at the pick?

I don't know. I just couldn't think of another minor league expert's name on the fly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
That is why all other teams had him being drafted at the bottom on the first round. Luckily Theo was able to sign him under slot so that they could spend the money on other great prospects

wasn't long ago you were talking about multiple championships

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Don Tiny wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

If you thought my purpose of writing the phrase 'Making Kyle Great Again' was to indicate that I thought he was great before, then maybe Bob, et al, have a point.
I was considering the audience of this thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

And it wasn't long ago you were saying there would never be a championship.

I have never talked of multiple championships. I was very happy to win one. I hope they win more, but nothing is guaranteed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Without Happ's emergence as a deep threat that can play multiple positions, Shwarby might still be here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
No matter what anyone says,this HAPPENED:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/94784770/v ... of-wrigley

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Mike Trout was once sent down. Last I checked he was pretty good once he came back. Rizzo struggled his first go around too. Others?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I have never talked of multiple championships. I was very happy to win one. I hope they win more, but nothing is guaranteed.

I couldn't foresee the teams the Cubbies would play in the playoffs losing a major pieces. Congratulations on your luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I couldn't foresee the teams the Cubbies would play in the playoffs losing a major pieces. Congratulations on your luck!

well, the playoffs are luck in baseball...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
sinicalypse wrote:
Remember when it was laughable to suggest giving up Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

Still is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
[

I have never talked of multiple championships. I was very happy to win one. I hope they win more, but nothing is guaranteed.[/quote]

I couldn't foresee the teams the Cubbies would play in the playoffs losing a major pieces. Congratulations on your luck![/quote]
well, the playoffs are luck in baseball...[/quote]

for some...for others it is a confirmation of historic dominance when they go 11-1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Thanks. It was great!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:23 pm 

I once got lucky in Vegas and won a bunch of money.

The government still let me spend it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Mike Trout was once sent down. Last I checked he was pretty good once he came back.

Glad to see expectations for Schwarber have been tempered. It used to be comparisons to Babe Ruth, now we're down to Mike Trout.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Mike Trout was once sent down. Last I checked he was pretty good once he came back.

Glad to see expectations for Schwarber have been tempered. It used to be comparisons to Babe Ruth, now we're down to Mike Trout.

oh for crying out loud...he was not comparing him to Trout, he was using Trout as an example of a really good player that had to go to the minors.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Derp derp!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

oh for crying out loud...he was not comparing him to Trout, he was using Trout as an example of a really good player that had to go to the minors.

Pretty soon you'll be comparing him to Richie Scheinblum. You should hope he can be that good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Exactly where did I compare him to Trout? Reading is skill. Try it. Nice try though. I get it. I'm still hoping Kris Bryant can have the same career as Vance Law.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next