It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Schwarber demoted
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
good dolphin wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Chilli Palmer wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
This is about 80% on Maddon, and 20% on Kyle.

Please enlighten us. How is Joe responsible for Kyle's awful approach at the plate? I'll hang up and listen.

I doubt I'm the only one who thinks Joe's insistence on playing Kyle at lead off affected his mental approach. Just my opinion. No way to quantify it without Schwarber going rogue and blaming Maddon.

I'm not interested in placing blame anywhere or on anyone. Schwarber should have been sent down earlier though without a doubt. That said..I heard Maddon in the pre-season when talking about Schwarber as lead off....He indicated he always gets stats and info from the front office, and that there was encouragement from the front office to put Schwarber at lead-off. So...it may not have been all Maddon's idea. Again...the move was obviously wrong, and the Cubs & Maddon played it out too long without making the obvious change. I get what you are indicating on Maddon...I just remember what Maddon was saying about getting info and encouragement to place Schwarber there.

Go Cubs!

Maddon was condescendingly telling reporters "and why not" when asked if Schwarber would still be batting leadoff just weeks ago. His batting leadoff was clearly a pet project of Maddons.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
That is why all other teams had him being drafted at the bottom on the first round. Luckily Theo was able to sign him under slot so that they could spend the money on other great prospects

:lol: The Cubs World Series has taken a lot out of dolphin.

wasn't long ago you were talking about multiple championships

And it wasn't long ago you were saying there would never be a championship.

I have never talked of multiple championships. I was very happy to win one. I hope they win more, but nothing is guaranteed.

I couldn't foresee the teams the Cubbies would play in the playoffs losing a major pieces. Congratulations on your luck!

We won't get into how the numbers work. I remember how that went for you last time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
good dolphin wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
[
wasn't long ago you were talking about multiple championships

And it wasn't long ago you were saying there would never be a championship.

I have never talked of multiple championships. I was very happy to win one. I hope they win more, but nothing is guaranteed.

I couldn't foresee the teams the Cubbies would play in the playoffs losing a major pieces. Congratulations on your luck![/quote]
well, the playoffs are luck in baseball...[/quote]

for some...for others it is a confirmation of historic dominance when they go 11-1[/quote]
I don't care if they won because the other team in the WS had their plane go down...it's all about bites at the apple. And they won in their second bite with this organization.

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
walkrman5 wrote:
Exactly where did I compare him to Trout? Reading is skill.

I'm pretty sure my reading is excellent:

walkrman5 wrote:
Mike Trout was once sent down. Last I checked he was pretty good once he came back.

Theo being named Greatest Executive in the History of Mankind seems like decades ago

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 pm 

Sox fans don't learn. Remember when you guys got all chesty last year, and the Cubs won the WS with the greatest game 7 of all time?

Don't do that to yourselves again. I'm trying to help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Ron Kittle is still getting appearance money, right?

How many World Series rings does he have?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 pm 

walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Can someone explain how the heck being sent off to face considerably less-talented pitchers for a while is going to 'Make Kyle Great Again' when he comes back to face Major League pitching?

Hey Bill, look, I can see you're struggling with your house-building skills, so what we're gonna do is send you back to the office for a few weeks to build some small-scale homes with Lincoln Logs, which will be much easier for you to deal with, and we figure it'll 'clear your head' and thus make you a better builder when we bring you back out into the field.

Mike Trout was once sent down. Last I checked he was pretty good once he came back.

Glad to see expectations for Schwarber have been tempered. It used to be comparisons to Babe Ruth, now we're down to Mike Trout.

Exactly where did I compare him to Trout? Reading is skill. Try it. Nice try though. I get it. I'm still hoping Kris Bryant can have the same career as Vance Law.

He's just doing his good dolphin impression, but not as well.

I don't see anything wrong with the swing. I see a guy who hasn't experienced failure and doesn't know what to do, which has affected his strike zone judgement. He clearly needs a reset. It's just between the ears for him.

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
good dolphin wrote:
Theo being named Greatest Executive in the History of Mankind seems like decades ago

Like 2005?

pizza_Place: V & N
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Can someone explain how the heck being sent off to face considerably less-talented pitchers for a while is going to 'Make Kyle Great Again' when he comes back to face Major League pitching?

Hey Bill, look, I can see you're struggling with your house-building skills, so what we're gonna do is send you back to the office for a few weeks to build some small-scale homes with Lincoln Logs, which will be much easier for you to deal with, and we figure it'll 'clear your head' and thus make you a better builder when we bring you back out into the field.

Glad to see expectations for Schwarber have been tempered. It used to be comparisons to Babe Ruth, now we're down to Mike Trout.

Lol. Be careful. N siders have thin skin. Typical knuckleheads blustering about their players. The most recent errors.

Schwarbs. Was Compared to Ruth(though cub fans here will go blue in the face denying it.) Funny to see him get baseballed, stop now with any ridiculous comps moving forward.

Addison Russel, how many mvps have we been told he will win?

Kind of gotten used to the nonsense, now it makes me laugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, you caught lightning in a bottle last year. They can't take 2016 away. Maybe the next GM will build the team the right way and have sustained success.

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

walkrman5 wrote:

The statement I responded to was one where it was asked exactly how a player could get sent down, face lessor talent, and be expected to come back any better..or play any better. I responded with some examples of those that did & have. You put on your Soxy hat and then try and accuse me of comparing Schwarber to Trout. Maybe your reading is excellent...but your comprehension might be lacking. OK...I know your statement was a trolling effort, so it worked in that I responded twice. Congrats to you! Now fuck off.

Site Admin

walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

walkrman5 wrote:

The statement I responded to was one where it was asked exactly how a player could get sent down, face lessor talent, and be expected to come back any better..or play any better. I responded with some examples of those that did & have. You put on your Soxy hat and then try and accuse me of comparing Schwarber to Trout. Maybe your reading is excellent...but your comprehension might be lacking. OK...I know your statement was a trolling effort, so it worked in that I responded twice. Congrats to you! Now fuck off.

Cry more.

pizza_Place: John's
He will be back in no time.
The Subdivision's emotional investment in this is strong.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 pm 

This would be more concerning if we weren't 1.5 games out of first place in mid-June as the reigning World Champions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
He will be back in no time.

I hope he is. I'm sorry they sent him down. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

walkrman5 wrote:

Cry more.

Fuck off more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

This would be more concerning if we weren't 1.5 games out of first place in mid-June as the reigning World Champions.

Are you talking about the Cubs or Jon Ossoff?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:42 pm 

Look on the bright side, an unbiased minor league expert who does not currently and/or has never applied for a job with Epstein can now place Schwarber atop his prospect list.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
good dolphin wrote:
Look on the bright side, an unbiased minor league expert who does not currently and/or has never applied for a job with Epstein can now place Schwarber atop his prospect list.

Frickin hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:00 pm 

It's good to be king, isn't it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:07 pm 

it is kinda sweet that the Cubs won the luck contest in year two of trying and that they likely could end up back in the luck contest thanks to a terrible division....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The Subdivision is really embarrassing themselves here. Their entire afternoon once again will be devoted to "all things Cubbie". Beta Male Frankie is walking around some Tinley Park Subdivision with his gay dog opining on the situation via Tap2Talk. #Sad.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm 

He misses Stan. Stan would've gotten him right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
We really have come full circle as the undivided attention of the fanbase will again be focused on Iowa. #ThatsCub

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:02 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
We really have come full circle as the undivided attention of the Sox fanbase will again be focused on Iowa. #ThatsCub

ftfy. #thatssox

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next