It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Last 10 years
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Bagels wrote:
just when you think you've seen it all around here...

Popp goes the weasel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
The only winners are Sarley and Caller Bob. They gain strength and encouragement from each Frank post. It's not logical, but it's a fact.

The Subdivision is on the ropes Double D!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:36 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The only winners are Sarley and Caller Bob. They gain strength and encouragement from each Frank post. It's not logical, but it's a fact.

For the life of me, I have never understood the barrage of attacks against Frank. It must be BF's legacy around here. But at least you're creating traffic around this place, and I encourage that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 pm 

Since certain Cubs fans continue to want to go down this path, it should be pointed out that he said "Playoff series won". If the wild card playoff is a playoff then so is the tiebreaker playoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Since certain Cubs fans continue to want to go down this path, it should be pointed out that he said "Playoff series won". If the wild card playoff is a playoff then so is the tiebreaker playoff.

You and I aren't in a position to determine this.

The people that are have determined otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

As usual in Cubs/Sox debates, we're talking about tallest midget issues. Sure the Cubs have been decent the last ten years, but they are a historically bad franchise. And even when they have made the playoffs in my lifetime, many of those were first round exits after great regular seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm 

IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You and I aren't in a position to determine this.

The people that are have determined otherwise.
Are you now arguing that game 163 is not a playoff? You are factually incorrect if you are.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Not that I give a single shit about this argument, but I believe MLB classified the tie-breaker game as a regular season game, and the stats counted toward the regular season.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

For the life of me, I have never understood the barrage of attacks against Frank. It must be BF's legacy around here. But at least you're creating traffic around this place, and I encourage that.
Its Bob & Sarley. They sit down to pee, so its impossible to even get upset with them.

The Wild Card game is a game. It is not a round, and not a series. To think otherwise is wrong.

To post "Postseason Series won; 4 (5 if you include the Wild Card game)", is really what should make you puke from laughing.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
IMU's argument is correct, but it doesn't matter. The results for the last ten years speak for themselves.

No, IMU is wrong here. It's ok for you guys to admit that "(5 including wild card game)" is a ridiculous thing to say in this context, but you can't, because Cub fan insecurity knows no bounds. Like you said, the last 10 years between the two teams speak for themselves, but you all can't help yourself arguing this idiotic point. It's hilarious.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
IMU's argument is correct, but it doesn't matter. The results for the last ten years speak for themselves.

No, IMU is wrong here. It's ok for you guys to admit that "(5 including wild card game)" is a ridiculous thing to say in this context, but you can't, because Cub fan insecurity knows no bounds. Like you said, the last 10 years between the two teams speak for themselves, but you all can't help yourself arguing this idiotic point. It's hilarious.

I'm not arguing the point, dipshit. I just said I didn't care. But technically, the wild card game is the postseason and a tie-breaker game is not. It doesn't matter either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
leashyourkids wrote:
Not that I give a single shit about this argument, but I believe MLB classified the tie-breaker game as a regular season game, and the stats counted toward the regular season.

both are definitely true. has been true for a while--eddie matthews won the HR crown over Ernie Banks because of this (though that was for the pennant in the late 50s)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Its Bob & Sarley. They sit down to pee, so its impossible to even get upset with them.

The Wild Card game is a game. It is not a round, and not a series. To think otherwise is wrong.

To post "Postseason Series won; 4 (5 if you include the Wild Card game)", is really what should make you puke from laughing.

Then that's what you should have argued from the beginning. You should have said "yeah, the wild card game is technically the postseason and counts as a round, but it's disingenuous to add it as a series win in this context." Boom. Done. Instead, you have to go make shit up and argue stuff that isn't true. It doesn't matter either way because the Cubs are clearly superior the last ten years and this doesn't change that either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx?pl ... eason=2013

This is simply falling into dumb arguments. Baseball has 163 from 2013 adding to Adrian Beltrane's regular season stats. No record of him in the playoffs that year. Shall we include extra inning games into the playoffs as well?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I'm not arguing the point, dipshit. I just said I didn't care. But technically, the wild card game is the postseason and a tie-breaker game is not. It doesn't matter either way.

You are arguing the point, dipshit.

Look at where the disagreement stemmed from. Is the wild card game a series?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You are arguing the point, dipshit.

Look at where the disagreement stemmed from. Is the wild card game a series?

Technically, MLB defines it as a series. In the context of this argument, it's misleading to call it a series. But again, it doesn't really change the argument either way.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:00 pm 

I find it interesting in the last decade the Cubs intentionally threw 3 seasons away and still had 5 winning seasons. The Sox tried every year and had 3.

I don't believe the Wild Card game is a series which is why I listed it as 4 won. Game 163 is a regular season game.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:01 pm 

There is no "argument" except for conns silly addition to his post. If he just left that nonsense out this thread wouldn't have even gotten past one page. Nobody is arguing the Sox have been successful over the last 10 years.

To rock my soul

100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I didn't make up a damn thing, leash. Here is my initial post;
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Why does a single wildcard game count as a playoff series win for the Cubs, but game #163 is not a playoff series win for the Sox?

Nobody has been able to give a real answer. Don't tell me what I should have shouldn't have posted. You should be telling Cubs fans that posting this,
Quote:
Playoff Series Won:

Cubs 4 (5 including wild card game)
Is something that Elmhurst Steve would post. Its ridiculous, laughable, and yet four pages later you people are trying to argue about it. A Cubs fan, again, started a thread calling out Sox fans, posted something completely idiotic in the thread, and was called out.

But we are the ones with the problem and the obsession, right? :roll:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

FavreFan wrote:
There is no "argument" except for conns silly addition to his post. If he just left that nonsense out this thread wouldn't have even gotten past one page. Nobody is arguing the Sox have been successful over the last 10 years.
Yeah. It's pretty funny to see them basically say "Look at me! Praise me! Love me!".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Go to mlb.com and look at last year's postseason. Sort games by round. Good lord there is a Wild Card Round!!

How many home runs did Thome have in 2008?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:03 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I didn't make up a damn thing, leash. Here is my initial post;
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Why does a single wildcard game count as a playoff series win for the Cubs, but game #163 is not a playoff series win for the Sox?

Nobody has been able to give a real answer. Don't tell me what I should have shouldn't have posted. You should be telling Cubs fans that posting this,
Quote:
Playoff Series Won:

Cubs 4 (5 including wild card game)
Is something that Elmhurst Steve would post. Its ridiculous, laughable, and yet four pages later you people are trying to argue about it. A Cubs fan, again, started a thread calling out Sox fans, posted something completely idiotic in the thread, and was called out.

But we are the ones with the problem and the obsession, right? :roll:

Jesus, it's been explained 100 times at this point. What don't you get? MLB considers game 163 part of the regular season, and it considers the Wild Card series to be part of the playoffs and counts it as a series. What don't you understand about this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:05 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

Jesus, it's been explained 100 times at this point. What don't you get? MLB considers game 163 part of the regular season, and it considers the Wild Card series to be part of the playoffs and counts it as a series. What don't you understand about this?

MLB is wrong. It's idiotic to continue arguing that one game constitutes a series. You guys might want to take the L and drop this one.

se·ries
ˈsirēz/Submit
noun
a number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another.
"the explosion was the latest in a series of accidents"
synonyms: succession, sequence, string, chain, run, round; More
a set of related television or radio programs, especially of a specified kind.
"a new drama series"
synonyms: serial, program, show, drama; More

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:06 pm 

I feel that my services could be of use in this thread but it is too long for me to catch up.

Someone give me line or two to riff on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Frankie Flapjacks is a professional victim.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

MLB is wrong. It's idiotic to continue arguing that one game constitutes a series. You guys might want to take the L and drop this one.

se·ries
ˈsirēz/Submit
noun
a number of things, events, or people of a similar kind or related nature coming one after another.
"a new drama series"

"MLB says so" should become a board meme for it being the indisputable truth.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

se·ries
ˈsirēz/Submit
noun
"a new drama series"

What I posted is objectively and factually true. That is how MLB classifies it. It's not my opinion, and it's not debatable. Whether you agree with them doing so is a different argument.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:09 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

se·ries
ˈsirēz/Submit
noun
"a new drama series"

What I posted is objectively and factually true. That is how MLB classifies it. It's not my opinion, and it's not debatable. Whether you agree with them doing so is a different argument.

This is hilarious. You are correct that this is not a debatable topic, but that isn't stopping you guys. It's great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

se·ries
ˈsirēz/Submit
noun
"a new drama series"

"MLB says so" should become a board meme for it being the indisputable truth.

:lol: It's insane how illogical you become when you've dug your heels in.

If you went to the MLB stats department and asked them how many playoff series the Cubs had won in the past decade, they would tell you 5. But we're just supposed to ignore that fact because you don't like it?

I've already stated that in this context, saying that winning a series is misleading, but TECHNICALLY, it was a series, whether you like it or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next