It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
:lol: Vintage Boilermaker Rick. Black and white. Right or wrong. Binary. No nuance. The world is flat.
This is pretty simple. With what we know now, would it have been smart to trade Chris Sale for Kyle Schwarber + a few other smaller pieces?

In this case, it is pretty much right or wrong.

That is not the argument.

If you are going to choose to completely change the argument and not address his "lack of power" based on a 4 game sample (in which he didn't actually lack power), then let's just move on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:40 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Arguing that Schwarber is still good is a strange hill for rpb to die on. Just give this one to Rick and move on

See Rick, you've made FF have to full troll on this.

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
There is a lot of bad in this thread.

Schwarber is a bad hitter, but his power is the ONLY reason he still gets at-bats. Look at Mark Reynolds from 2008-2015. You can get by in this league with just power.

Schwarber has the same AB's / HR as Rizzo, Contreras, Jake Lamb, Travis Shaw.... and slightly better than Chris Davis, Edwin Encarnacion, Nolan Arenado....just under Miguel Sano and Paul Goldschmidt.

Dude sucks, but not for a lack of power.

*fixed typo

Last edited by IMU on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Arguing that Schwarber is still good is a strange hill for rpb to die on. Just give this one to Rick and move on

See Rick, you've made FF have to full troll on this.

Sad!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
IMU with the last shovel of dirt on Brick's grave.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Eh if he falls into the Chris Carter tier he's pretty much toast. If he wants to save his career he'll have to move to the AL sooner than later.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:47 am 

IMU wrote:

Schwarber is a bad hitter, but his power is the ONLY reason he still gets at-bats. Look at Mark Reynolds from 2008-2015. You can get by in this league with just power.

Schwarber has the same AB's / HR as Rizzo, Contreras, Jake Lamb, Travis Shaw.... and slightly better than Chris Davis, Edwin Encarnacion, Nolan Arenado....just under Miguel Sano and Paul Goldschmidt.

Dude sucks, but for a lack of power.
That's the problem though. He seems desperate enough to keep his home run numbers up that it is destroying his total hitting. Pretty much any other player would try and make adjustments even if he hits less home runs after they were literally sent to the minors because of how bad they are at hitting.

He probably falls out of the league if he keeps hitting like this. Oh, but he'll have a AB/HR ratio to make it all be ok!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

That's the problem though. He seems desperate enough to keep his home run numbers up that it is destroying his total hitting. Pretty much any other player would try and make adjustments even if he hits less home runs after they were literally sent to the minors because of how bad they are at hitting.

He probably falls out of the league if he keeps hitting like this. Oh, but he'll have a AB/HR ratio to make it all be ok!

Yep, he stubbornly insisting on hitting home runs. He'd rather be sent to the minors then shorten his swing.

You should be a hitting coach.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

I don't disagree with you Rick. I dread seeing Kyle Schwarber in the lineup card. I see him as a bust. I campaigned that the Cubs should trade him after both the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: John's
IMU wrote:
I campaigned that the Cubs should trade him after both the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=100499&p=2488561&hilit=Schwarber#p2488561

IMU wrote:
I'd trade Schwarber, but maybe not for Andrew Miller.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=101488&p=2512772&hilit=Schwarber#p2512772
IMU wrote:
I wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for a Chapman rental.

Yeah, that really sounds like a campaign to trade a guy :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:01 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

Yep, he stubbornly insisting on hitting home runs. He'd rather be sent to the minors then shorten his swing.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:02 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:
I campaigned that the Cubs should trade him after both the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... r#p2488561

IMU wrote:
I'd trade Schwarber, but maybe not for Andrew Miller.

http://www.chicagofanatics.com/viewtopi ... r#p2512772
IMU wrote:
I wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for a Chapman rental.

Yeah, that really sounds like a campaign to trade a guy :roll: :roll: :roll:

You're new. I forgive you for not knowing what most everyone here knows.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:03 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

His "good" HR/AB ratio still got him sent to the minors and may get him benched. Should he just keep doing what he is doing?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:07 am 

I'm sure he's not trying to improve at all. Just being stubborn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Solid Bricking in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm sure he's not trying to improve at all. Just being stubborn.

Probably. Seems like a diva who let early success make him lazy. So much for his high "makeup" rating

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7