It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 86  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 am 

Cubs are going to win this one easily.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Rick, you're a great Cubs fan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Kaplan needs to stop debating the Lester move. The pitching was not the problem yesterday. They weren't winning that game once Addy makes the error that let's the run in. The bullpen could have given up 50 runs. It doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:13 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:
IMU wrote:
I've heard that Dexter Fowler and David Ross may be flying to Washington for tonight's game. Hang out with the guys...loosen them up.

Cardinal fans will literally try to Lynch Fowler if that happens

Can they lynch Ross while they are at it?

I'd bet that movie would get made then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:15 am 

denisdman wrote:
Kaplan needs to stop debating the Lester move. The pitching was not the problem yesterday. They weren't winning that game once Addy makes the error that let's the run in. The bullpen could have given up 50 runs. It doesn't matter.

I am not listening to Kaplan because I don't hate myself, but I think the issue is why put Lester into a game you are losing. Now Lester cannot pitch 4 scoreless innings for the Cubs tonight. You wasted an amazing effort in a loss, and now you don't have all of your weapons tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:18 am 

IMU wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I am not listening to Kaplan because I don't hate myself, but I think the issue is why put Lester into a game you are losing. Now Lester cannot pitch 4 scoreless innings for the Cubs tonight. You wasted an amazing effort in a loss, and now you don't have all of your weapons tonight.

The consensus on the show is that the Lester move was smart because the game was close. But they keep bitching about the bullpen, which is obviously a concern. But that game was not lost mainly by the bullpen. Most of the blame is on the hitters.

Now Kaplan is making excuses for Rizzo and Bryant because Strasburg is the greatest ever. Yeah he is basically saying that. Well I thought Rizzo and Bryant were great, but I guess I was mistaken.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
To blame this on the pitching is ludicrous. The starting pitchers have been outstanding for both teams. I'm not going to be pissed at the hitters either. They could work the count better CONTRERAS...but you have to just deal with the fact that the Nationals have had great starting pitching.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I thought it was odd burning Lester in a non-must win game. Can't be pissed at his performance though. Joe once again fucked the bullpen up by not pulling Edwards soon enough and putting Wade in a position that he does not excel at. How many fucking times is he going to make the same mistakes. I hang a lot of the blame on his hippie ass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yea, I blame Maddon too. I know we got shutout but if you keep it at 1-0 going into the bottom of the 8th you start feeling good about your chances against the Nats' bullpen.

He could not have managed the top of the 8th anymore poorly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:47 am 

I think the Cubs pitching has been great, and the bullpen has been good enough.

Maddon and the offense is where ire should be directed. I think most of us would agree.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:59 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Yea, I blame Maddon too. I know we got shutout but if you keep it at 1-0 going into the bottom of the 8th you start feeling good about your chances against the Nats' bullpen.

He could not have managed the top of the 8th anymore poorly.

Correct. You let Lester finish the inning. The crowd was finally going after the pickoff. The need to use Edwards is disturbing. The guy is a suckfest. If he walks the 1st guy, you know how the outing is going to go.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Cubs have played their best with their backs against the wall. I'm expecting a win tonight .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

Lester will be ready to go again tonight for an inning if need be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
IMU wrote:
The guy in your avatar has been nothing short of dreadful this series. ERA over tewnty (20), and a WHIP thats over 2.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:
easily, huh?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:
The guy in your avatar has been nothing short of dreadful this series. ERA over tewnty (20), and a WHIP thats over 2.

Good thing CJ isn't the only one in the bullpen! Also, I've never seen anyone reference ERA or WHIP for someone with 2.1 IP, but I will point out that CJ had two HUGE shutdown 1-2-3 innings this postseason.

So no, he has not been dreadful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:32 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
I thought it was odd burning Lester in a non-must win game. Can't be pissed at his performance though. Joe once again fucked the bullpen up by not pulling Edwards soon enough and putting Wade in a position that he does not excel at. How many fucking times is he going to make the same mistakes. I hang a lot of the blame on his hippie ass.

I was the one who referenced the use in a game they were losing as odd as it was happening. However, if you look at it within the context of having Quintana and Lackey to both back up Hendricks today, you should have plenty in the pen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm 

Shake up the line up tonight

Rizzo
Almora
Cone-treras
Schwarber
Bryant
Baez
Russell
Heyward
Hendricks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

Good thing CJ isn't the only one in the bullpen! Also, I've never seen anyone reference ERA or WHIP for someone with 2.1 IP, but I will point out that CJ had two HUGE shutdown 1-2-3 innings this postseason.

So no, he has not been dreadful.
5 ER, 5 base runners allowed in those 2.1 innings.

Dreadful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 pm 

He pitched perfectly in 2.0 of those 2.1 innings. Both perfect innings came in wins.

I'm sorry you can't judge relievers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I was the one who referenced the use in a game they were losing as odd as it was happening. However, if you look at it within the context of having Quintana and Lackey to both back up Hendricks today, you should have plenty in the pen.

I would have went to Lackey especially with the wind blowing in. But if you bring in anyone else and/or leave Arrieta in the game, and then they give up runs, then Cubs fans are bitching about leaving Lester in the pen. With the dangerous lefties in that line-up, I am ok with Lester coming in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i dont agree with Frank all that often, but if you think Edwards was not dreadful last night and in game 2 I don't know what you have been watching.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
He pitched perfectly in 2.0 of those 2.1 innings. Both perfect innings came in wins.

I'm sorry you can't judge relievers.
:lol: So that means he gave up 5 ER and 5 baserunners in 0.1 innings, and you're ok with that? Then have the audacity to say I can't judge relievers?

Bad assessment. Terrible assessment. Dreadful assessment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 pm 

denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I would have went to Lackey especially with the wind blowing in. But if you bring in anyone else and/or leave Arrieta in the game, and then they give up runs, then Cubs fans are bitching about leaving Lester in the pen. With the dangerous lefties in that line-up, I am ok with Lester coming in.

I don't know if people would disagree with keeping Lester available for an elimination game.

I think he managed the game too aggressively.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm 

If Im the Nats, I think you go

Gio 1 time thru the lineup. Then Max for 50ish pitches. then matchups.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:51 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I don't know if people would disagree with keeping Lester available for an elimination game.

I dont like it because of how dominant Strarsburg looked and the pitch count indicating he could go 7 easily.

If it's Gio/Roark or Strasburg has 80 pitches thru 4, then you go for it.

Maybe Maddon was trying to play mind games with the boys like "Im going all out here, get 2 damn runs and let's go to LA"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:51 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

It really is something how many choices Maddon has. So you burn Lester and yet you still have Q sitting there.

In any case, the level of vitriol aimed at Maddon will be determined by the outcome of tonight's game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:52 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:
easily, huh?
Rizzo and Bryant each hit home runs tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:52 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

The question is going to be how much mileage you get out of those 50 pitches.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think you can be slavish to a set number. Gio gets no less than 9 batters and then you leave it up to the situation.

This game will take 4+ hours with the amount of maneuvering the coaches will do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 86  Next