It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 86  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm 

Sherzer is pitching for Dusty’s job

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:48 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Strasburg is trying to make this the Jordan flu game.

:lol: Jordan did not have to be shamed into playing

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
RFDC wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Strasburg is trying to make this the Jordan flu game.

:lol: Jordan did not have to be shamed into playing

Oh, I know. He was just whining about his fluid intake and shit in his post game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm 

Doesn’t gio have some bullpen experience?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm 

Maybe this is already been said but one thing I was real surprised with was to see Lester in a game where theyre are trailing. Even those its close and you still had a good shot to win.

I thought for sure Maddon was setting up game 5 to be the Hendricks to Lester to Davis game

Not sure what they're going to do now maybe Quintana out of the pen it would be his Bullpen day I think

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Maybe this is already been said but one thing I was real surprised with was to see Lester in a game where theyre are trailing. Even those its close and you still had a good shot to win.

I thought for sure Maddon was setting up game 5 to be the Hendricks to Lester to Davis game

Not sure what they're going to do now maybe Quintana out of the pen it would be his Bullpen day I think

Quote:
“Obviously starting Kyle, then Quintana will play the role of Jonny Lester tomorrow if it’s necessary,” Maddon said postgame Wednesday. “We talked about that pregame, if it was in fact really close, which it was. That was a good spot for Lester tonight, and then tomorrow, everybody’s available tomorrow. It will start with Kyle, and Q’s ready tomorrow to back up like Jonny did tonight. Then the entire bullpen will be fine tomorrow.”

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Scherzer on two days rest? Okay.

2 days? So they fly out immediately and play what time tomorrow? With all that unpredictable.

What?

The game is tomorrow. It'll be 2 days rest no matter what time the flight is.

For some reason I thought his game was Monday. As far as team everyone will be off their regular nibset.

It was Monday, Mike. If he pitches tomorrow, he had two days' rest.

I'm never giving you a ride anywhere again.

Oh fuck me. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Gio's appeared in six games out of the bullpen, 68 PA
Max Scherzer's appeared in 9 games out of the bullpen, 74 PA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Quote:
“ That was a good spot for Lester tonight, and then tomorrow, everybody’s available tomorrow.”

Except, of course, Lester.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
leashyourkids wrote:
Apparently, I'm the only one who started drinking at 2.

I would have but I'm sick. Was hard to stop myself by the 3rd inning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:48 pm 

TBH, Cubs are lucky to be in this spot. If Scherzer doesn't hurt his hamstring it's probably a Nats win in 3 or 4.

Tomorrow is gonna be exciting.

Post 2016...
I don't wear crosses no more, Yeshua's coming back. I ain't scared of losses no more, I see life in that

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
TBH, Cubs are lucky to be in this spot. If Scherzer doesn't hurt his hamstring it's probably a Nats win in 3 or 4.

Post 2016...
I don't wear crosses no more, Yeshua's coming back. I ain't scared of losses no more, I see life in that

Yup. Who cares if we lose?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Post 2016...

This guy gets it.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I knew we were fucked when Rourke was scratched..tomorrow is a coin flip..whoever wins should fuck LA up.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Post 2016...

I know you're sorta working some long game here but it is very different. I'm still living and dyin with each pitch but that "Is it going to happen in my lifetime? weight is gone.

It's pretty cool. You still get the rollercoaster without the dread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm 

312player wrote:
I knew we were fucked when Rourke was scratched..tomorrow is a coin flip..whoever wins should fuck LA up.

14 years later is it finally prudent to put our trusty in Dusty?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Post 2016...

I know you're sorta working some long game here but it is very different. I'm still living and dyin with each pitch but that "Is it going to happen in my lifetime? weight is gone.

No long game. I'm a one title in my lifetime is fine kind of fan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Post 2016...

Then it’s damn near Kumbaya, My Lord around this Board.

Should we shut it down?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:19 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Post 2016...

Should we shut it down?

I don't count the 85 Bears though. Too young. After that I'm good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:22 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Post 2016...

Should we shut it down?

I don't count the 85 Bears though. Too young. After that I'm good.

Alright, so we’ve got some time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:16 pm 

one of the guys from Men in Blazers was talking about the World Cup and how/why Iceland---a tiny nation with a population roughly the size of Corpus Christi, Texas--qualified and how/why the U S and A--with a population ~1000x's the size of Iceland's did not qualify. US men's soccer appears to be in no better shape today than it was two decades ago.

Roger, I think the Englishman in a blazer's name is, first noted that Iceland made a concerted effort as a nation to get better at football. They've built year-around soccer facilities in every town and neighborhood and they encourage participation from all kids in the free soccer programs from the age of 3 on up. So they'll have top notch coaches working out 100's of 3 year olds and up on a Saturday morning--in every neighborhood and in every town across Iceland.

He also noted that the US hasn't really developed top shelf coaches. I think we had a German coaching the USMNT last World Cup?

But his final point was sort of Game of Thronesy/Viking Warrior-ish. When Iceland goes to play a match, no matter whom it's against--and they defeated perennial soccer powerhouse Holland twice in recent years--when Iceland's going into a match, the Iceland soccer team's operating assumption is that they are going to win the match; and they maintain that exuberance (possibly irrational) and belief throughout the match, even if they fall behind 3-nil to start or whatever.

Whereas the USMNT has never had that killer instinct. He cited the example of how whenever the US plays Mexico in soccer, the USMNT's expressed, verbalized, published-in-the-press even goal is usually "not to lose by too many goals"....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 pm 

Hussra wrote:
one of the guys from Men in Blazers was talking about the World Cup and how/why Iceland---a tiny nation with a population roughly the size of Corpus Christi, Texas--qualified and how/why the U S and A--with a population ~1000x's the size of Iceland's did not qualify. US men's soccer appears to be in no better shape today than it was two decades ago.

Roger, I think the Englishman in a blazer's name is, first noted that Iceland made a concerted effort as a nation to get better at football. They've built year-around soccer facilities in every town and neighborhood and they encourage participation from all kids in the free soccer programs from the age of 3 on up. So they'll have top notch coaches working out 100's of 3 year olds and up on a Saturday morning--in every neighborhood and in every town across Iceland.

He also noted that the US hasn't really developed top shelf coaches. I think we had a German coaching the USMNT last World Cup?

But his final point was sort of Game of Thronesy/Viking Warrior-ish. When Iceland goes to play a match, no matter whom it's against--and they defeated perennial soccer powerhouse Holland twice in recent years--when Iceland's going into a match, the Iceland soccer team's operating assumption is that they are going to win the match; and they maintain that exuberance (possibly irrational) and belief throughout the match, even if they fall behind 3-nil to start or whatever.

Whereas the USMNT has never had that killer instinct. He cited the example of how whenever the US plays Mexico in soccer, the USMNT's expressed, verbalized, published-in-the-press even goal is usually "not to lose by too many goals"....

I'll keep this in mind going into tomorrow's Game 5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:

do you have a drum? or at least a vuvuzela. the drum appears key to Iceland's success:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav2kkvakGY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:35 pm 

Hussra wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

do you have a drum? or at least a vuvuzela. the drum appears key to Iceland's success:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav2kkvakGY

I have a flute I can steal from my daughter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I have a flute I can steal from my daughter

Bad-ass.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
What a worthless piece of shit Edwards is. Throw strikes.

This. There is no way this guy is closer material. Every time he comes in it's a circus. For Joe to believe in this fuck is ridiculous. Any time the 1st batter he faces gets on, he goes into shit mode. Joe should of never took out Lester. This dude brings it in the postseason, true g. This looks like a replay of the Mets series 2 years ago, can't hit shit. The starting pitching has been unreal. Feel bad that they have gotten no support. Edwards has fucked 2 games already. Really don't want him screaming anymore just because he doesn't walk someone. The lineup needs to get their heads out of their asses and bring it tomorrow. Only 2 guys hitting above .250 isn't going to get it done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:56 pm 

schmitty1121 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
What a worthless piece of shit Edwards is. Throw strikes.

This. There is no way this guy is closer material. Every time he comes in it's a circus. For Joe to believe in this fuck is ridiculous. Any time the 1st batter he faces gets on, he goes into shit mode. Joe should of never took out Lester. This dude brings it in the postseason, true g. This looks like a replay of the Mets series 2 years ago, can't hit shit. The starting pitching has been unreal. Feel bad that they have gotten no support. Edwards has fucked 2 games already. Really don't want him screaming anymore just because he doesn't walk someone. The lineup needs to get their heads out of their asses and bring it tomorrow. Only 2 guys hitting above .250 isn't going to get it done.

It's the weather. They can't win in the cold. Remarkably mild weather last year (2016)

Edwards can't be a late inning guy. Could be a solid 6th-7th INN guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
just got in and saw the score.

man that rain day really fucked us.

if we played yesterday i think we beat their bum pitcher.

fucking edwards. just throw strikes. wind is blowing in so take your chances.

davis we all know gives up homers when it's not a save situation.

hope to get them tomorrow. what a shit turn around time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:26 am 

so much for trolling the guy that wound up completely dominating our team. a lot of good that did. so what if he had to be coaxed into playing. he still shut down the whole lineup.

a team that lives on the edge as much as the cubs have can't survive that long...certainly not against a team like the dodgers, in a 7 game series...and definitely not against the astros or even yankees with their potent lineups.

the bats are a huge disappointment, and i don't think any of the remaining pitching staffs would be worried about them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:15 am 

They're like a Cali team. DEY cant win in the COLD!!!

I dont think I even noticed how great the weather was for the 2016 run.

They need a dome. #Rosemont

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 86  Next