It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That payroll is going to swell over the next few years controllable players or not.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:42 pm 

pittmike wrote:
That payroll is going to swell over the next few years controllable players or not.

Interesting reaction to post about a guy who could get 25 million per year on the open market being signed for 10.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Interesting reaction to post about a guy who could get 25 million per year on the open market being signed for 10.

I’m not sure what’s so interesting? The Cubs have many good players that should receive salaries at the higher end of arbitration settlements or early contract extensions. All I am saying is having a bunch of controllable players may not be as advantageous or cheap as some might think.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
pittmike wrote:

These are what we call good problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 pm 

IMU wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Yeah I didn’t say it was bad. Just that controllable does not mean cheap necessarily.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ILL BET BRYANT IS STIlL MAD ABOUT BEING SENT DOWN LIKE EVERY OTHER PLAYER IS TO RESET THE SERVICE TIME CLOCK THOUGH. FUCKIN’ THEO!!

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
ILL BET BRYANT IS STIlL MAD ABOUT BEING SENT DOWN LIKE EVERY OTHER PLAYER IS TO RESET THE SERVICE TIME CLOCK THOUGH. FUCKIN’ THEO!!

:lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
IMU wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Same thing was said about the Blackhawks until October, 2015...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
IMU wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Maybe. Who to pay and how long and all that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 pm 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
IMU wrote:
pittmike wrote:

3 World Series championships would qualify as a dynasty. I'm okay dealing with a couple years of needing to retool after a dynasty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
IMU wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
IMU wrote:
pittmike wrote:

3 World Series championships would qualify as a dynasty. I'm okay dealing with a couple years of needing to retool after a dynasty.

Get back to me in 2022.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
ChicagoCubsOnline Retweeted
Chicago Cubs Reports ✭
‏ @TheCubsReporter
42m42 minutes ago

Per #Cubs Scout in DR : Cubs have signed Cuban defector RHP Raidel Orta. Signing bonus: 10K "The 22 year old kid throws a mid 90 fastball, often hits 98mph and great slider He's been projected as a bullpen weapon(Spanish)" CC : @BleacherNation @TheCCO @realcubsinsider @PJ_Mooney

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
'77Cubs wrote:
ChicagoCubsOnline Retweeted
Chicago Cubs Reports ✭
‏ @TheCubsReporter
42m42 minutes ago

Per #Cubs Scout in DR : Cubs have signed Cuban defector RHP Raidel Orta. Signing bonus: 10K "The 22 year old kid throws a mid 90 fastball, often hits 98mph and great slider He's been projected as a bullpen weapon(Spanish)" CC : @BleacherNation @TheCCO @realcubsinsider @PJ_Mooney

Stop bringing in players from shithole countries!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:57 am 

badrogue17 wrote:

I promise you Scott Boras remembers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

chilling.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

All Scott Boras cares about is the $$$$ He isn't going to hold a grudge for one of the top 3 spending teams in the league :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 am 

good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 am 

Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

All Scott Boras cares about is the $$$$ He isn't going to hold a grudge for one of the top 3 spending teams in the league :lol: :roll:

So now the Cubs are a high spending team?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yup, where you been?

Chicago Cubs $170,189,880 #1 in MLB for 25man roster.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:55 am 

Juiced wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yup, where you been?

Tell that to the others who argued they weren't before.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yup, where you been?

Tell that to the others who argued they weren't before.

I don't care about the others. I was a fan of the black smoke.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 pm 

Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Correct and his client was screwed out of 25 million of those and Scott about 1.25 million

You will be duped in the preceding years when you swoon over Bryant for saying that he controls the negotiations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:57 pm 

Kris Bryant was not screwed out of $25M. He was screwed out of electing free agency a year earlier.

He now has 4 arbitration years instead of 3. He just made a record $10.85M in his first arb year. He projects to earn somewhere between $21M and $25M during his 4th arb year. Do you think he is worth $50M per season?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Correct and his client was screwed out of 25 million of those and Scott about 1.25 million

You will be duped in the preceding years when you swoon over Bryant for saying that he controls the negotiations

Boras is going to get the highest amount he can for Bryant regardless if the Cubs started his clock early or not. You really think Boras would have given them a discount for starting Bryant early? If anything Boras respects Theo as a business man and not some idiot who gave away 25Million.

If Boras was a GM he would have handled Bryant the exact same way. He is a business man, not a drinking buddy. As a Sox fan, why do you guys even care how much the Cubs will end of paying Bryant?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 pm 

IMU wrote:
Kris Bryant was not screwed out of $25M. He was screwed out of electing free agency a year earlier.

He now has 4 arbitration years instead of 3. He just made a record $10.85M in his first arb year. He projects to earn somewhere between $21M and $25M during his 4th arb year. Do you think he is worth $50M per season?

yes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:08 pm 

Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Boras is going to get the highest amount he can for Bryant regardless if the Cubs started his clock early or not. You really think Boras would have given them a discount for starting Bryant early? If anything Boras respects Theo as a business man and not some idiot who gave away 25Million.

If Boras was a GM he would have handled Bryant the exact same way. He is a business man, not a drinking buddy. As a Sox fan, why do you guys even care how much the Cubs will end of paying Bryant?

because

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:11 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Juiced wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

because

You didn't answer my question. Do you think Boras would have given the Cubs a discount if they started the clock early? Boilermaker? same question.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Don’t feed the trolls Juiced. Rick just wants to get a four year old gotcha on someone who posted that cubs had a small payroll at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:34 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Don’t feed the trolls Juiced. Rick just wants to get a four year old gotcha on someone who posted that cubs had a small payroll at the time.
It's not a 4 year old gotcha. It was a debate after the Cubs won the World Series. Then IMU had to go and brag that at the start of the 2017 season the Cubs had the most expensive 25 man roster in baseball. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

The Cubs did have a small payroll when they where rebuilding.. LOL Why would you not?

I am going to take your advice and leave this one alone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next