It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 34  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Stats on the road look good. Got to trust Theo on this. Like someone said, good replacement for Lackey.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
The cy young clause is fucking stupid. If he receives 1 cy young vote he gets a 2 mil bonus each year he gets that vote. Like someone isn't going to vote for him to make the Cubs pay.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
What's worse is they will probably have to settle on Darvish

I really, really hope that doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:29 am 

So the only teams Stanton will waive his NTC for are the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers and Cubs. He must have really enjoyed the league championship series this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:07 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
His stats away from Coors field and his ground ball ratio are both promising. Its not that much money or that many years. He should be a solid 4 or 5 depending on who else they get. He most likely hasn't peaked so if they coach him up and he stays healthy this could be a very nice move. Id rather spend 38 mil on him for 3 years than 150 over 6 on Darvish.

Agreed on both counts. The more I read about it, I like this move.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
312player wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
13 million per year for the loss leader in the NL last year. It's great to be a MLB pitcher.

And has had two Tommy John surgeries

Tommy John surgery is nothing nowadays, he should be fine.

So nothing that he pitched 24 innings over two seasons because of it. SMH.

He's thrown a decent amount of innings 2 str8 years, he's got good stuff and 96 mph heater. It's a pretty slick move by Theo..I didn't see it coming.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 am 

So the only teams Stanton will waive his NTC for are the Yankees, Astros, Dodgers and Cubs. He must have really enjoyed the league championship series this year.

So after all the talk the Giants and Cards are out on Stanton

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:25 am 

Dick move by him to let his team go through all the negotiations and then tell them after that he would not waive it for those teams. On the other hand, Jeter has earned unkind moves by his employees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:

Dick move by him to let his team go through all the negotiations and then tell them after that he would not waive it for those teams. On the other hand, Jeter has earned unkind moves by his employees

Sounded like he was willing to go if either SF or STL made it worth his while, and they didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Sounded like he was willing to go if either SF or STL made it worth his while, and they didn't.

I thought he turned down the Cards. Too much dough for a juiced up injury prone player.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
That is bullshit if you are STL and SF. This list should have been made public beforehand. LA is where he wants to be. As for the Cubs, to much cash, not enough defense, to many holes in the swing. I can see him going 0 for a series in the playoffs.

Pass.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
agree, pass. Save the money up for either Harper or Machado. Personally, i'd go for Machado and move Bryant to either LF or CF, whichever one he prefers. In that scenario, you wouldn't need a true backup SS, which would add better hitters to your bench.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
'77Cubs wrote:
That is bullshit if you are STL and SF. This list should have been made public beforehand. LA is where he wants to be. As for the Cubs, to much cash, not enough defense, to many holes in the swing. I can see him going 0 for a series in the playoffs.

Pass.

1) It was public, at least that SF and STL were not on his team's he would outright approve.

2) SF and STL both knew that and were able to convince Stanton's camp, through the Marlins, that they should sit down and could try to sell him on their teams.

3) LA is where he wants to be. He was able to negotiate a no trade clause. It is his right to exercise his preferences.

4) Depends on what it would cost. The Cubs have a ton of guys with holes in the defense, and he would be an upgrade defensively compared to at least 2 of their outfielders. I'd definitely entertain a Schwarber/Happ/Alzolay framework deal.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:18 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
agree, pass. Save the money up for either Harper or Machado. Personally, i'd go for Machado and move Bryant to either LF or CF, whichever one he prefers. In that scenario, you wouldn't need a true backup SS, which would add better hitters to your bench.

Machado is a stud for sure. Harper is to injury prone if he is going to want 300M+ for 10 years but that dude is a legit superstar/probable HOFer that you'd have to seriously consider and you know he wants to be here.

Maybe get the both and dump Heyward??

:D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:22 am 

IMU wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:

Pass.

1) It was public, at least that SF and STL were not on his team's he would outright approve.

2) SF and STL both knew that and were able to convince Stanton's camp, through the Marlins, that they should sit down and could try to sell him on their teams.

3) LA is where he wants to be. He was able to negotiate a no trade clause. It is his right to exercise his preferences.

4) Depends on what it would cost. The Cubs have a ton of guys with holes in the defense, and he would be an upgrade defensively compared to at least 2 of their outfielders. I'd definitely entertain a Schwarber/Happ/Alzolay framework deal.

1. I just saw this list being made public today but I do understand SF/STL probably knew he didn't want to go there.
3. agreed
4. If the Cubs took the money, they could get him for cheap. No way they'd have to give up Schwarber and Happ IMO. But why take that contract when you have Schwarber who you can pencil in for 30 and if he matures, potentially 40+ with team control on the $$

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:36 am 

Also I'd clarify the Cubs should only offer a Schwarber/Happ/Alzolay level package if the Marlins are willing to eat a decent chunk. If the Cubs have to take $250MM like the Giants were reportedly going to do, the Cubs should send Schwarber and a bunch of low A nobodies.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 pm 

I would let him rot with Jeter in Florida. They are both being pricks to each other about this entire process. This prevents the imminent signing of Harper next year so lets just hold on to that money and give it to Bryants side piece.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Quote:
@FlyTheW2
Buster Olney was on ESPN 1000 and said multiple GM’s across the league think the Cubs feel extremely confident they’ll land Ohtani after their presentation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:16 pm 

Soon we can officially say that players DO take less money to play for the Cub.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm 

IMU wrote:

Lester, Heyward, Zobrist, Lackey, ALL took less money. It's a perk of being a WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm 

These guys all have made damn near 1 mil of playoff share money since being with the cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:01 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:

Lester, Heyward, Zobrist, Lackey, ALL took less money. It's a perk of being a WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION.

Lester most definitely did not
Heyward's terms are a bit murky because they Cubs offered a front loaded contract that both parties expected him to opt out of. In effect, the Cubs were going to pay him the most money for the shortest amount of time and allow him to sign another big deal while he was still in his 20s.
Lackey did not
I'm not sure about Zobist. I thought he wanted to play for Maddon and fielded no other offers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:03 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
@FlyTheW2
Buster Olney was on ESPN 1000 and said multiple GM’s across the league think the Cubs feel extremely confident they’ll land Ohtani after their presentation.

Awesome report.

I wonder if the Mariners feel extremely confident to the point that they have made multiple trades for extra bonus money in the last month...same with the Angels

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm 

Nevermind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:

Heyward's terms are a bit murky because they Cubs offered a front loaded contract that both parties expected him to opt out of. In effect, the Cubs were going to pay him the most money for the shortest amount of time and allow him to sign another big deal while he was still in his 20s.
Lackey did not
I'm not sure about Zobist. I thought he wanted to play for Maddon and fielded no other offers.
The Cardinals offered more money, but also more years.

Bob is wrong again. Shocking.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:57 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
IMU wrote:

Lackey did not

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Cubs supposedly going to take a run at Archer and Colome from the Rays. Wonder how they could make that happen?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Alex Cobb.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:49 pm 

Did they get him? I saw they were pushing hard for him before Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:59 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Cubs supposedly going to take a run at Archer and Colome from the Rays. Wonder how they could make that happen?

wheere are you seeing this?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1010 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 34  Next