It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 59  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:37 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Dignified Rube wrote:
Cubs will never live this down.

:lol:

Cubs played like shit against good pitching all year. They bumslayed their way to the division and advanced due to an epic meltdown by the Nats. If you don't hit and have a shit bullpen in the playoffs, you are screwed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:33 am 

normally i'd say i'd want the cubs to stave off elimination, so the dodgers can end things in LA. but the cubs have absolutely nothing left.

i went to bed when i saw them bring in edwards. as expected, i was right to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
What a weak ass effort. Is there a clubhouse issue we aren't being told about?

No Penguins

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 am 

Beardown wrote:
Jesus Christ.

Russell is the career leader of throwing his bat into the stands. What's wrong with him? Hang onto the bat. Gotta be at least 5 times this year. Probably 12 for his career.

Way more

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Jesus Christ.

Russell is the career leader of throwing his bat into the stands. What's wrong with him? Hang onto the bat. Gotta be at least 5 times this year. Probably 12 for his career.

Way more

Only on days his wife attended.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:08 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Remember when we went 108 years without a World Series win and then finally won it last year?

Yea, this sucks but it is what it is. Plus, I'm a baseball fan so I'm excited for Dodgers vs Yankees/Astros for it all.

Let's be honest, the Cubs weren't fun this year. The World Series is gonna be epic this year without the heart pain.

Yea, this was all house money.

I'm glad we got a little excitement in beating the Nats, who were the better tea.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:10 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

I'm glad we got a little excitement in beating the Nats, who were the better tea.

i prefer earl grey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
Maddon had the karma train coming at him full speed with his smarter than everyone attitude.

Talk about karma- has the douche who screamed "RESPECT ME!!!!!" gotten a hit since?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:13 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Jesus Christ.

Way more

Only on days his wife attended.

His GF's friend said that, she never did unless Im mistaken. I hope that's not true.

Anyway, I didnt watch a ton of regular season games with coaching softball and I think I saw Russell do it 5 times at least.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Maddon had the karma train coming at him full speed with his smarter than everyone attitude.

Talk about karma- has the douche who screamed "RESPECT ME!!!!!" gotten a hit since?

HUGE single last night.

The thing that is crazy about that is Rizzo has had a ton of big hits. To do the respect me bit after that Kansas City Special was odd.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:16 am 

W_Z wrote:
normally i'd say i'd want the cubs to stave off elimination, so the dodgers can end things in LA. but the cubs have absolutely nothing left.

i went to bed when i saw them bring in edwards. as expected, i was right to do that.

They'll probably win.

Win tonight
Kershaw goes Playoff Kershaw tomorrow

Pressure shifts to the Dodgers.
Hill is way too hard on himself, tries to be perfect. Cubs get 7 in the first two and win 11-2

Game 7

I could see it.

And it will be the greatest comeback in the history of baseball, because these Dodgers are way better than the 2004 Yankees.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Remember when we went 108 years without a World Series win and then finally won it last year?

Yea, this sucks but it is what it is. Plus, I'm a baseball fan so I'm excited for Dodgers vs Yankees/Astros for it all.

Let's be honest, the Cubs weren't fun this year. The World Series is gonna be epic this year without the heart pain.

Oh no way. Don't go there now Cub fans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am 

'77Cubs wrote:
TomLoxas Retweeted
Kerry Wood‏Verified account @KerryWood 59m59 minutes ago

Kerry Wood Retweeted Gordon Wittenmyer

Classy Gordon.

Kerry Wood added,
Gordon Wittenmyer @GDubCub
Kerry Wood and Ryan Dempster doing the stretch. The last time they pitched in the playoffs for the Cubs, also against L.A. … never mind.

:lol:

He has seemingly hated the Cubs since the day he started covering him...which is a good thing compared to the other extreme.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Maddon going all Wanstedt with "except for the two walks, Edwards threw the ball well" comments.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:18 am 

pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Go where?

They won a World Series in my lifetime. That's a wrap, my man. Anything they do the rest of my life is just icing on the cake.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
W_Z wrote:

They'll probably win.

Win tonight
Kershaw goes Playoff Kershaw tomorrow

Pressure shifts to the Dodgers.
Hill is way too hard on himself, tries to be perfect. Cubs get 7 in the first two and win 11-2

Game 7

I could see it.

And it will be the greatest comeback in the history of baseball, because these Dodgers are way better than the 2004 Yankees.

We need the Dodgers to lose at least once.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:20 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Maddon going all Wanstedt with "except for the two walks, Edwards threw the ball well" comments.

I'll allow the Rizzo karma thing but of course Maddon thinks he's smarter than the people questioning him. Should he have a town hall at the firehouse with people on Twitter?

He makes some questionable decisions but as managers go, he's a good one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:21 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

HUGE single last night.

The thing that is crazy about that is Rizzo has had a ton of big hits. To do the respect me bit after that Kansas City Special was odd.

I guess he thought they should have walked him with first open. Still, kind of douchey. It was reported as some great heroic moment. If it had been Harper or Carlos Gomez yelling that it would have been written about like it was douchey, which of course, it was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:22 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Go where?

They won a World Series in my lifetime. That's a wrap, my man. Anything they do the rest of my life is just icing on the cake.

Of course you guys have last year and that is great as well as forever lasting. You guys all wanted this one just as bad and thought you had the team to do it. So pretending like oh well it was house money is kind of weak.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

HUGE single last night.

I guess he thought they should have walked him with first open. Still, kind of douchey. It was reported as some great heroic moment. If it had been Harper or Carlos Gomez yelling that it would have been written about like it was douchey, which of course, it was.

That must have been brewing a while. Maybe he's tired of Bryant shine blocking him. He had a much better year.

Could be a Mega Powers Explode type situation with the Bryzzo company

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I'll allow the Rizzo karma thing but of course Maddon thinks he's smarter than the people questioning him. Should he have a town hall at the firehouse with people on Twitter?

Not questioning the move. The Cubs bullpen pretty much sucks, so he is playing with fire one way or another.

But instead of a douche comment like thinking Edwards threw the ball well, how about say something honest like "Look, Carl is my guy and he has been very valuable out of the pen for us. But walking anybody on 4 pitches-- especially the opposing pitcher-- is inexcusable in that situation."

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:26 am 

pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Go where?

Of course you guys have last year and that is great as well as forever lasting. You guys all wanted this one just as bad and thought you had the team to do it. So pretending like oh well it was house money is kind of weak.

You wouldnt' be you if you didnt say things like that.

I cant speak for everyone (although, the Consensus all year was this team didnt have what it takes to go all the way) but I said weeks before the playoffs started that whoever won the NL Central would be the weakest playoff team and probably get bounced in the first round.

Maybe youre thinking of radio callers. Seriously, you'd be hard pressed to find a Cub fan on this board that expected a long playoff run.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:26 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Not questioning the move. The Cubs bullpen pretty much sucks, so he is playing with fire one way or another.

But instead of a douche comment like thinking Edwards threw the ball well, how about say something honest like "Look, Carl is my guy and he has been very valuable out of the pen for us. But walking anybody on 4 pitches-- especially the opposing pitcher-- is inexcusable in that situation."

I only responded to you because you were the latest post. That is a dumb thing to say.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yeah, it was painfully obvious MANY different times throughout the season this Cubs team did not have the bullpen depth to beat a team like the Dodgers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:39 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Go where?

You wouldnt' be you if you didnt say things like that.

I cant speak for everyone (although, the Consensus all year was this team didnt have what it takes to go all the way) but I said weeks before the playoffs started that whoever won the NL Central would be the weakest playoff team and probably get bounced in the first round.

Maybe youre thinking of radio callers. Seriously, you'd be hard pressed to find a Cub fan on this board that expected a long playoff run.

I am saying regardless of how people called in to shows, posted or generally talked at large there was a huge emotional investment and hope for a repeat. I am not saying it is wrong it is natural. You personally may feel the house money but deep down Cub fans wanted it all. Just my opinion. I won't be the jerky guy piling on today.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:44 am 

Of course Cub fans wanted to win again. But it was a long shot and it's just not nearly as disappointing as it would have been pre 2016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Of course Cub fans wanted to win again. But it was a long shot and it's just not nearly as disappointing as it would have been pre 2016

Yessir. That's the nuance. I'm sure most of us are slightly upset by this expected outcome, but the Sox fan trolling is falling flat the last few days because most of us weren't expecting a repeat. Sox fans kind of just look ridiculous trying to pile on half invested Cubs fans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
pittmike wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

These guys could have partied their dicks off all year and won 84 games and i wouldn't have been upset..That drought they ended earned em a year off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:50 am 

Ok I will just take your guy's word for it and leave it at that. Cub fans didn't expect to win the WS and don't care now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 am 

pittmike wrote:
Ok I will just take your guy's word for it and leave it at that. Cub fans didn't expect to win the WS and don't care now.

We care in the sense there are obvious holes to fill in the offseason, but losing to a stacked Dodgers team isn't the worst thing in the world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 59  Next