It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
3 straight trips to the playoffs is impressive. 3 straight years to the Championship Series means you're winning in the playoffs consistently. It is impressive.
Billy Beane likes this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah I mean , it would be pretty fucking stupid to attempt to troll a team that's coming off a World Series win and 3 consecutive LCS appearances while the team you root for hasn't sniffed the playoffs in years wouldn't it? Even Sox fans arent that dumb.

Is this "3 consecutive LCS" talking point going to become a thing?

It probably will until next year when it becomes 4.

:lol: :cheers:

Now I am certain my Cub bet will come through. I think this is the first positive post I have ever seen from brogue about a team he actually roots for.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:49 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah I mean , it would be pretty fucking stupid to attempt to troll a team that's coming off a World Series win and 3 consecutive LCS appearances while the team you root for hasn't sniffed the playoffs in years wouldn't it? Even Sox fans arent that dumb.

Of course that's a thing. It's very impressive.
On the surface, it is impressive.

Their overall record in those LCS appearances is 4-8 right now. A 4-10 or 5-10 record seems to be a real possibility.

Both teams in this city have had decades long droughts without qualifying for the playoffs. Making three in a row is a big deal here. Winning a series in 3 straight years is all the more impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Of course that's a thing. It's very impressive.
On the surface, it is impressive.

Their overall record in those LCS appearances is 4-8 right now. A 4-10 or 5-10 record seems to be a real possibility.

Both teams in this city have had decades long droughts without qualifying for the playoffs. Making three in a row is a big deal here. Winning a series in 3 straight years is all the more impressive.

Alright, but you gotta give us something if this dumbass troll war is gonna continue through the winter

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Why? Is it not impressive?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
3 straight trips to the playoffs is impressive. 3 straight years to the Championship Series means you're winning in the playoffs consistently. It is impressive.
Billy Beane likes this.

Billy Beane is a great GM. The smartest Sox fan on the board thinks he's the best in baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
But, aren't the playoffs mostly luck, especially when talking about one series?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:52 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

Billy Beane is a great GM. The smartest Sox fan on the board thinks he's the best in baseball.

I don't believe Chus has ever espoused such an opinion.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I dont know if someone here said "mostly luck" but it wasnt me. There are some "bad bounces" that even out over 162 but not over 5.

It's hard because it's not black and white. Like the Nats are a better team than the Cubs, but the Cubs played better over a 5 game series. So credit goes to the Cubs but you can still say the best team didn't win.

But we're going circles here right? You believe the best team always wins. That's cool.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 am 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

JORR
MartyD
BD
Tommy
good dolphin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I dont know if someone here said "mostly luck" but it wasnt me. There are some "bad bounces" that even out over 162 but not over 5.

It's hard because it's not black and white. Like the Nats are a better team than the Cubs, but the Cubs played better over a 5 game series. So credit goes to the Cubs but you can still say the best team didn't win.

But we're going circles here right? You believe the best team always wins. That's cool.

No one ever said "mostly luck." That's just Rick twisting it to help out his awful argument that he only believes because he is emotionally weak.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

Billy Beane is a very good general manager.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Let's save some time.

What percentage of the playoffs won by luck instead of the better team? 80% skill, 20% luck? 50% skill, 50% luck?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Let's save some time.

What percentage of the playoffs won by luck instead of the better team? 80% skill, 20% luck? 50% skill, 50% luck?

:lol:

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

JORR
MartyD
BD
Tommy
good dolphin

So no Chus or Tall Midget then?

To rock my soul

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Let's save some time.

There is no exact answer. I'm sorry that you struggle with this so much.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Let's save some time.

I've asked you a similar question multiple times and you have refused to answer. You then get mad when I portray it as you and others thinking it was "mostly(at least 51%) luck".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

JORR
MartyD
BD
Tommy
good dolphin

So no Chus or Tall Midget then?

Tall Midget is a Sox fan?

Chus is a good baseball fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Let's save some time.

I've asked you a similar question multiple times and you have refused to answer. You then get mad when I portray it as you and others thinking it was "mostly(at least 51%) luck".

There is no exact percentage, but it shows a lot about how you think that you think there is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

I feel the need to preface this by saying I'm not trolling or being purposefully confrontational on this, but how many years in a row do the A's need to finish with 75 wins or less before you change your mind?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Let's save some time.

So, because I refuse to answer a ridiculous and impossible question, you just assume what my position is and then use it as a talking point? Sounds reasonable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

I feel the need to preface this by saying I'm not trolling or being purposefully confrontational on this, but how many years in a row do the A's need to finish with 75 wins or less before you change your mind?

I'm a huge A's fan, and I cannot think of someone else I would want as my GM.

leashyourkids wrote:
There is no exact percentage, but it shows a lot about how you think that you think there is.
I'm asking for a rough estimate here.

This is the problem. You guys use random and luck to explain good portions of the MLB playoffs, to the point where you think the best team is actually better determined by the regular season, but then you get mad when I call it "mostly(51% or more) luck".

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

Isn't he no longer the GM?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

This is the problem. You guys use random and luck to explain good portions of the MLB playoffs, to the point where you think the best team is actually better determined by the regular season, but then you get mad when I call it "mostly(51% or more) luck".

The fact that you don't understand any of this does not make it our obligation to educate you. We've tried, but it's impossible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:07 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
So, because I refuse to answer a ridiculous and impossible question, you just assume what my position is and then use it as a talking point? Sounds reasonable.
You are free to actually state your position in response instead of calling it "impossible".

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

The fact that you don't understand any of this does not make it our obligation to educate you. We've tried, but it's impossible.
You had a chance, and still do, to refute the idea that the playoffs are "mostly luck". You have chosen not to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 am 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

I don't know how to respond to that aside from laughter. I asked a specific question. Based on your response as an A's fan I have to assume the answer is infinitiy, which is funny.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Billy Beane likes this.

He's on the clock but he had another downswing like this followed by three 88+ win seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:10 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

Nah I call bullshit on that. Rick is right when calling Cubdom out on that particular inconsistency.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next