It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:45 am 

I was sorry to see so many of you good, long time cubbie fans jump off the bandwagon so quickly. Now faithful fans like Boilermaker Rick are left with a difficult decision of how to treat you sell outs. Does he welcome you back with open arms knowing you will turn tail again when times get tough or distance himself from you for being fair weather?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I like the effort. The execution isn't there, but the effort was.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Some Cub fans were a bit negative but not bandwagon. The only bandwagon fans are the South side trash bags who's shitty team plays at 35th and Shields. They even had to become Doyers fans for a while because their sorry ass team has managed to be more worthless than the Chicago Bears the past decade. Might as well have Doyer's fans come over and fuck your fat wives too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am 

All are welcome in Cubbie Nation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Let them put their cargo shorts, sperry's and pukah shell necklaces back on and then give them a hand back onto the wagon.

Bro, Cubbies!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
All are welcome in Cubbie Nation.

I can only hope these misguided souls appreciate your benevolence and generosity.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:13 am 

I say piss on their feet, make them drink nothing but warm Old Style and wear the champion 2017 Cubbie t-shirts that otherwise would have been foisted upon poor African children as ""charity"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:18 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
I say piss on their feet, make them drink nothing but warm Old Style and wear the champion 2017 Cubbie t-shirts that otherwise would have been foisted upon poor African children as ""charity"

You are so bitter. The Sux haven't done anything to help those poor African kids in nearly a decade! :lol: Little Akwokwo can't even get himself a White Sox ALDS hat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Caller Bob wrote:
who's

The failure to type "whose" detracts from an otherwise fine, unhinged rant. The Cub losing must be getting to you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:23 am 

I forgot single game tickets went on sale last week. Tickets to every game are still available. Looks like REALLY SMART PEOPLE pushed pricing too high and no one wants to get soaked anymore.

Weekend summer Cubs/Cards used to be instant sellouts (bleacher especially). You can get full 4 ticket allotment for 7/21 6:15pm bleachers but at $118.20 (!!!!!!) a ticket. No thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can get Sox season tickets for that price.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
Some Cub fans were a bit negative but not bandwagon. The only bandwagon fans are the South side trash bags who's shitty team plays at 35th and Shields. They even had to become Doyers fans for a while because their sorry ass team has managed to be more worthless than the Chicago Bears the past decade. Might as well have Doyer's fans come over and fuck your fat wives too.

Hey asshole, my wife weighs 125 lbs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Kirkwood wrote:
Let them put their cargo shorts, sperry's and pukah shell necklaces back on and then give them a hand back onto the wagon.

Bro, Cubbies!!!!!!!!!

makes me wanna piss on a lawn after the game, you know what i'm saying?! #heyEXPOS!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:53 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Hey asshole, my wife weighs 125 lbs.

hubba, hubba

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Being a bandwagon fan is smart. Why waste your team following a crappy team? Spend your time watching good, interesting teams. Why root for laundry?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

DAC wrote:
Being a bandwagon fan is smart. Why waste your team following a crappy team? Spend your time watching good, interesting teams. Why root for laundry?

When you see a family that is better than yours do you abandon your family?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

Professional athletes are not my friends or family. Poor analogy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

It's a great analogy. Picking your baseball team is far more important than picking who you will marry. I've been a White Sox fan for 50 years. The first time I was married for six months.

We've discussed identity politics on this board. I'm not sure why certain aspects are more stressed than others as "identities". Take a guy like Nas, for example. Of course, being black is going to be a primary identifier for him. I'm not one of these "I don't see race" guys. That's just dumb. But I think there are several other things that Nas identifies as more than being black- his grandmother's grandson, good father, shrewd businessman. After those things, then he probably identifies as black, American, a guy with bad basketball thoughts, etc.

I picture Regular Reader laughing at what I'm about to say. I have many family members who I love and care about who are Cub fans, but if a war broke out, I would be fighting them alongside Terry's Peeps and the Ligues. It's very tribal. I identify very strongly as a White Sox fan.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Kirkwood wrote:
I forgot single game tickets went on sale last week. Tickets to every game are still available. Looks like REALLY SMART PEOPLE pushed pricing too high and no one wants to get soaked anymore.

Weekend summer Cubs/Cards used to be instant sellouts (bleacher especially). You can get full 4 ticket allotment for 7/21 6:15pm bleachers but at $118.20 (!!!!!!) a ticket. No thanks.

this is a dirty little secret. As good as the Cubs are, there will be fewer people there this season than last. The market was flatlined last year and I assume it will be this year too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:42 pm 

It's also a decline because winning the World Series, after a short term bump, lowers your interest level in the team. You'll never have that feeling again of waiting and hoping. You could see it last year when they went down pretty hard in the playoffs and it was basically "Yeah, we won it all last year so no big deal". If they don't win it this year it will be more of the same.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:45 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

It's a great analogy. Picking your baseball team is far more important than picking who you will marry. I've been a White Sox fan for 50 years. The first time I was married for six months.

Why pick a team? Watch and root for whoever entertains you the most or who you have grown interested in. Sure, I am sentimental about some teams and will likely root for them (Cubs and Hawks in particular) but fandom is always fleeting for me and dependent on the current roster. I never have understood why some fans pat themselves on the back because they watched a bunch of crappy seasons when their team was bad. Screw that. I want to watch better sports.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

Why pick a team? Watch and root for whoever entertains you the most or who you have grown interested in. Sure, I am sentimental about some teams and will likely root for them (Cubs and Hawks in particular) but fandom is always fleeting for me and dependent on the current roster. I never have understood why some fans pat themselves on the back because they watched a bunch of crappy seasons when their team was bad. Screw that. I want to watch better sports.

Perhaps "pick" is the wrong word. I didn't pick the White Sox. I was indoctrinated at a young age.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:48 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

It's a great analogy. Picking your baseball team is far more important than picking who you will marry. I've been a White Sox fan for 50 years. .

who did you root for before you were 15?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:49 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DAC wrote:

It's a great analogy. Picking your baseball team is far more important than picking who you will marry. I've been a White Sox fan for 50 years. .

who did you root for before you were 15?
The Chicago Orphans.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:56 pm 

another dolphin thread for the ages

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:00 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:

There is little incentive for the Cubs to underprice the tickets as the margins(profits) will get gobbled up by 3rd party resellers. SMART PEOPLE KNOW THIS !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Don’t think anyone has fallen off the bandwagon. Not sure where you got that. Cubs fans are probably the most loyal in sports ala 108 years of losing we kept the faith.

More sox fans posting in the cubs board already starting in feb. :roll:

I posted a feel good thread for sox fans the other day in the sox board (70s wsox memories) where they were gushing and crying and smiling for the first time in n a decade. And this is how we get replayed? With a negative hateful jealous post? :?

Shame on you sox fan people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:16 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:

There is little incentive for the Cubs to underprice the tickets as the margins(profits) will get gobbled up by 3rd party resellers. SMART PEOPLE KNOW THIS !

Do they? Single game tickets for such marquee games previously never lasted more than a day. The Cubs won't have to worry about resellers as no one is buying to begin with.

It's easier to grab a Sox bleacher ticket, have a section to yourself and spit seeds for 3 hours in the sun for $15 bucks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:25 pm 

Inferior product

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Inferior product

watching the actual game is like 5% of the point of attending a game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Don’t think anyone has fallen off the bandwagon. Not sure where you got that. Cubs fans are probably the most loyal in sports ala 108 years of losing we kept the faith.

More sox fans posting in the cubs board already starting in feb. :roll:

I posted a feel good thread for sox fans the other day in the sox board (70s wsox memories) where they were gushing and crying and smiling for the first time in n a decade. And this is how we get replayed? With a negative hateful jealous post? :?

Shame on you sox fan people.

check the date on this one