It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:41 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Don’t think anyone has fallen off the bandwagon. Not sure where you got that. Cubs fans are probably the most loyal in sports ala 108 years of losing we kept the faith.

More sox fans posting in the cubs board already starting in feb. :roll:

I posted a feel good thread for sox fans the other day in the sox board (70s wsox memories) where they were gushing and crying and smiling for the first time in n a decade. And this is how we get replayed? With a negative hateful jealous post? :?

Shame on you sox fan people.

check the date on this one

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:09 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
As good as the Cubs are, there will be fewer people there this season than last. The market was flatlined last year and I assume it will be this year too.

There were less people there last year than 2016...because the team wasn't as good. Not that much of a 'dirty little secret'.

I still had no problem getting rid of my extra tickets and I don't foresee any problems this year. Most of the tickets will still be in high demand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
$100 for a bleacher seat is a 'deal' right now? Mercy...

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:15 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I have weeknight bleacher tickets in mid-April for $38 face vs St. Louis. Get on back there....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
spanky wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I have weeknight bleacher tickets in mid-April for $38 face vs St. Louis. Get on back there....

frank was quoting the single game price for a july weekend saturday night game vs st louis. not exactly sure what relevance the price a season ticket holder discounted mid-april weekday game has to do with his reaction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm a Cub fan. Wrigley is historic and all that but for a fat tall guy like me, it's a mess with more than about 26k in the house. I'm going to the first four game series in Miami instead.

I have five Wednesday night Sox games on my calendar. Work and weather will wreck havoc, and I will still go to two of them because it's a better beer garden for dinner. I go to games elsewhere as well, had a Uecker seat in Houston for $9 and SROed it for the first five innings.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
spanky wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
As good as the Cubs are, there will be fewer people there this season than last. The market was flatlined last year and I assume it will be this year too.

There were less people there last year than 2016...because the team wasn't as good. Not that much of a 'dirty little secret'.

I still had no problem getting rid of my extra tickets and I don't foresee any problems this year. Most of the tickets will still be in high demand.

high demand as in selling above face or selling at face or selling just below face?

3rd parties are going to start leaving the ship with another season like the last. We couldn't give more than a few games away last year for free. Literally giving away. We all, by choice, subsidize the Cubs as season ticket holders. That waiting list is shorter than you think.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
spanky wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

high demand as in selling above face or selling at face or selling just below face?

3rd parties are going to start leaving the ship with another season like the last. We couldn't give more than a few games away last year for free. Literally giving away. We all, by choice, subsidize the Cubs as season ticket holders. That waiting list is shorter than you think.

How big is the waiting list?

Do you know?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:32 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
frank was quoting the single game price for a july weekend saturday night game vs st louis. not exactly sure what relevance the price a season ticket holder discounted mid-april weekday game has to do with his reaction.

I'm not a season ticket holder, so I'm not exactly sure what that discount would be. Is there one? Why would they give anyone a discount?

How about a weeknight in the end of May vs Cleveland? $44 face for bleachers.
Cubs/Sox for $74 face in the bleachers.
Are those relevant? Yaz....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:37 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

I'm not looking to make a profit off of my friends and acquaintances, that seems crappy. Face value is all I ask if I can't use my tickets. I think I had 22 games last year, never "ate" any of the games. Never even scrambled at the last second to make sure they were filled.

The location of the seat matters also. Bleachers, 00-100 level and 400 level are all pretty primo seats. There are some less desirable 200 and 500 level seats that I can see being harder to get rid of, especially in the colder months.