It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Do you hate him yet?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Quintana pitched well in 3 postseason games, and pitched poorly in 1. He matched up against Kershaw and Scherzer, two #1's, in his 3 starts. If the Cubs' #2 or #3 pitches against the other team's #1, and we split those games, I'm good.

The starters did their jobs this postseason. Question marks in the rotation for next year, but those question marks do not involve Lester, Quintana or Hendricks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IMU wrote:
Quintana pitched well in 3 postseason games, and pitched poorly in 1. He matched up against Kershaw and Scherzer, two #1's, in his 3 starts. If the Cubs' #2 or #3 pitches against the other team's #1, and we split those games, I'm good.

The starters did their jobs this postseason. Question marks in the rotation for next year, but those question marks do not involve Lester, Quintana or Hendricks.

I think Lester will still be really good but I'm not so sure he be that #1 we're used to.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:06 am 

Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:

I think Lester will still be really good but I'm not so sure he be that #1 we're used to.

Even in a bad year, he was money in the postseason. Pitching has not been the problem for the Cubs the past few years. Cubs need to turn some positional depth into a true starting left fielder or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:

Even in a bad year, he was money in the postseason. Pitching has not been the problem for the Cubs the past few years. Cubs need to turn some positional depth into a true starting left fielder or something.

They need to hit. Bryant didn't look like an MVP.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
IMU wrote:

All of this may be true.

Quintana is still not a #1 or a #2.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am 

Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:
Nas wrote:
IMU wrote:

They need to hit. Bryant didn't look like an MVP.

Right. I agree. Rizzo and Bryant slumped, for sure, but they are good hitters and have been good. The Cubs have to find a way to get offensive production out of LF and RF.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:

All of this may be true.

Quintana is still not a #1 or a #2.

And it should be obvious that I am disagreeing with you because I do believe Quintana is a #2. The Cubs seem to have three #2's going into 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 am 

Firing Mallee might be a good idea too.