It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:46 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think the "end the long streak of losing" is overrated for Theo. He won with two huge market teams. We put down the accomplishments of those who win with the Yankees because they have advantages and yet with Theo because the teams were historically gross underperformers(under different ownership) we act like it was some miracle to win in two of the biggest markets in the country all the while we credit Billy Beane, and Joe Maddon, for the work they did in small markets without accomplishing much.

I also think history won't be kind to the "tanking era" of professional sports.

Theo is also aided by false narratives in both of his stops that his predecessor left the cupboard bare.

I have never heard anyone say the Red Sox were bare. They won like 95 games the year before he took over. I think you hallucinated that one.

The 2011 Cubs cupboard...I mean, not too much young talent, but a few tradeable pieces for sure.

Like Andrew Cashner. Are you still holding on that trade as a Win for the Padres?

two starters at key positions were on a team that lucked into a world series win were already in place when theo arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:19 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I think the "end the long streak of losing" is overrated for Theo. He won with two huge market teams. We put down the accomplishments of those who win with the Yankees because they have advantages and yet with Theo because the teams were historically gross underperformers(under different ownership) we act like it was some miracle to win in two of the biggest markets in the country all the while we credit Billy Beane, and Joe Maddon, for the work they did in small markets without accomplishing much.

I also think history won't be kind to the "tanking era" of professional sports.

Theo is also aided by false narratives in both of his stops that his predecessor left the cupboard bare.

I have never heard anyone say the Red Sox were bare. They won like 95 games the year before he took over. I think you hallucinated that one.

The 2011 Cubs cupboard...I mean, not too much young talent, but a few tradeable pieces for sure.

Like Andrew Cashner. Are you still holding on that trade as a Win for the Padres?

two starters at key positions were on a team that lucked into a world series win were already in place when theo arrived

What?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:15 pm 

The Cubs-Sox truce is tenuous.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Seems like you and I are the only ones who respect it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
rogers park bryan wrote:
MartyD47 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
The steroids argument is one of the dumbest I've heard. Who cares? Everyone else was using them too. Was he supposed to only use "clean" guys?

You're missing the point. His proprietary data is what propelled the Red Sox or that was what the narrative would lead us to believe. If no one cares or it wouldn't leave a black mark on his legacy Theo should come out and say that the Red Sox used steroids to their advantage better than any team in baseball during that era. Like all GM's Theo is part snake oil salesman.

You're smarter than this, Marty. Just anti Cub stuff. I get it.

Theo was the best before he left Boston. The Cubs Title just cemented it.

You'll never be wrong saying I'm anti Cubs ....

Look at those Red Sox teams brimming with steroid and/or HGH users yet we are lead to believe that a computer program used in talent evaluation called Carmine was instrumental in the Red Sox success. Sure is nice having Peter Gammons waxing poetic about the Sawx. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
leashyourkids wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Seems like you and I are the only ones who respect it.

:cry:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Duensing signed for less dough to stay a Cub, add him to the list dolphin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:11 am 

312player wrote:
Duensing signed for less dough to stay a Cub, add him to the list dolphin.

The Heyman tweet really needs to be dropped in here for posterity. It should be the first post in this section

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
At some point they will pay the Cubs for the honor to don the Cubbie Blue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

Duensing had deals for significantly more money elsewhere but liked the cubs experience so much he wanted to return. Can’t blame him. Chicago’s the best (in the summer)
8:45 AM - Jan 17, 2018

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:55 pm 

That tweet is so perfect people would accuse me of trolling if I had written it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:58 pm 

Do we have any reports on the other suitors and the difference in terms of money that he left to be a Cub? I would just like some perspective on the subject. I'm not looking to discredit the writer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
good dolphin wrote:
That tweet is so perfect people would accuse me of trolling if I had written it.

If you wrote it, it would have looked like this;

Quote:
good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

Duensing had deals for significantly more
8:44 AM - Jan 17, 2018

good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

significantly more money elsewhere but liked the cubs experience

good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

8:46 AM - Jan 17, 2018

good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

Can’t blame him. Chicago’s the best (in the summer) Chicago Duensing had deals for significantly more money elsewhere but liked the cubs experience so much he wanted to return. Can’t blame him. Chicago’s the best (in the summer)
8:47 AM - Jan 17, 2018

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:00 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Do we have any reports on the other suitors and the difference in terms of money that he left to be a Cub? I would just like some perspective on the subject. I'm not looking to discredit the writer.

You don't trust the hymen?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You don't trust the hymen?

I usually like stories hymen breaks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If you wrote it, it would have looked like this;

Quote:
good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

Duensing had deals for significantly more

good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

significantly more money elsewhere but liked the cubs experience

good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

8:46 AM - Jan 17, 2018

good, dolphin

@gooddolphin

Can’t blame him. Chicago’s the best (in the summer) Chicago Duensing had deals for significantly more money elsewhere but liked the cubs experience so much he wanted to return. Can’t blame him. Chicago’s the best (in the summer)
8:47 AM - Jan 17, 2018

too much craftsmanship can ruin a joke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:

In search of left-handed relief help, the Athletics “made some offers to some guys; we just weren’t able to get them here,” manager Bob Melvin informed Jane Lee of MLB.com and other reporters Saturday (Twitter link). One offer went to Brian Duensing, who turned down a deal worth $3MM more than the two-year, $7MM pact he took to re-up with the Cubs, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Peoria Matt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

In search of left-handed relief help, the Athletics “made some offers to some guys; we just weren’t able to get them here,” manager Bob Melvin informed Jane Lee of MLB.com and other reporters Saturday (Twitter link). One offer went to Brian Duensing, who turned down a deal worth $3MM more than the two-year, $7MM pact he took to re-up with the Cubs, Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

I don't know the particulars of the A's offer but one thing I've noticed is that in their efforts to pimp the "Everyone wants to be a Cub" narrative, writers will often suggest that a guy who was offered $10 million for four years by some other team "took less" to play for the Cubs when he got $7 million for two years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
]I don't know the particulars of the A's offer but one thing I've noticed is that in their efforts to pimp the "Everyone wants to be a Cub" narrative, writers will often suggest that a guy who was offered $10 million for four years by some other team "took less" to play for the Cubs when he got $7 million for two years.

Devil's in the details m8. Don't worry cuz Bryce Harper is coming here and I had someone the other day tell me he's better than Mike Trout. I just scoffed and thought "Thursdays at 5"

Brb, endorsing another product. #NATITUDE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 pm 

Quote:
Obsessive Yu Darvish Watch: Other Suitor Like Twins Would Have to Outbid Cubs By “Clear Margin”

http://www.bleachernation.com/2018/01/2 ... ar-margin/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:47 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't know the particulars of the A's offer but one thing I've noticed is that in their efforts to pimp the "Everyone wants to be a Cub" narrative, writers will often suggest that a guy who was offered $10 million for four years by some other team "took less" to play for the Cubs when he got $7 million for two years.

So 7 is still less than 10, correct?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:47 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:
Obsessive Yu Darvish Watch: Other Suitor Like Twins Would Have to Outbid Cubs By “Clear Margin”

doesn't count

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:

doesn't count

Let's assume it does

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:11 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I heard the White Sox are going to offer Bryce Harper a billion dollar contract for a billion years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I heard the White Sox are going to offer Bryce Harper a billion dollar contract for a billion years.

Was that a yes or no?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:11 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Quote:

doesn't count

Let's assume it does

it might

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:55 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Was that a yes or no?
It was not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 am 

http://www.bleachernation.com/2018/01/3 ... r-bullets/

Quote:
The team has tried to add some free agents this offseason — The Chronicle has learned that Oakland offered left-handed reliever Brian Duensing $3 million more than the two-year, $7 million deal he accepted from the Cubs.

That is pretty fucking insane considering a guy like Duensing, who really has never had a huge payday in his life. It speaks testaments how guys want to be part of this emerging DYNASTY.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
http://www.bleachernation.com/2018/01/30/historys-best-teams-duensings-bargain-indians-logo-and-other-bullets/

Quote:
The team has tried to add some free agents this offseason — The Chronicle has learned that Oakland offered left-handed reliever Brian Duensing $3 million more than the two-year, $7 million deal he accepted from the Cubs.

That is pretty fucking insane considering a guy like Duensing, who really has never had a huge payday in his life. It speaks testaments how guys want to be part of this emerging DYNASTY.

He didn't want to miss Pajama Day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next