It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Are the Cubs a team that spends a lot to try and win titles?
YES 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
NO 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:07 pm 

After much discussion about how the Cubs didn't primarily spend money to win in 2016, even though they doubled payroll and were top 5 in payroll by the end of the 2016 season, we now have multiple Cubs fans openly bragging about the money spent by the Cubs for the 25 man roster putting them at #1 in baseball at the start of the 2017 season and now.

Should the Cubs be viewed just like the Dodgers and Yankees who just outspend most of baseball?

To save some time, yes this is a former Sox fan in the Cubs section, and Kyle Schwarber never lost power and his injury was no big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
To save some time, yes this is a former Sox fan...

:?:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
YES OR NO

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I’d say they built like those Yankees teams. Solid relatively cheap core players mixed with dropping bombs in FA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
beni hanna wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 pm 

beni hanna wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I renounced my membership in the Sox subdivision in 2015 when Ventura was retained. The last time I did that the Sox won a title 11 years later so look out world in 2026.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I renounced my membership in the Sox subdivision in 2015 when Ventura was retained. The last time I did that the Sox won a title 11 years later so look out world in 2026.

Excellent timing. Boilermaker Rick offspring will be able to revel in the World Series experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm 

His trailer will be back firmly planted in the subdivision at the first sign of winning

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:03 pm 

Glad this is settled!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We now have multiple Cubs fans openly bragging about the money spent by the Cubs for the 25 man roster putting them at #1 in baseball at the start of the 2017 season and now.

Who is bragging? You and Good Dolphin keep trolling the Cub fans because your team has sucked for over a decade and has done nothing interesting since going "all in" :lol:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Should the Cubs be viewed just like the Dodgers and Yankees who just outspend most of baseball?

View them however you want to view them. Why does it matter how we view our team? The facts are the Cubs have been planning to increase revenue close to what the Dodgers and Yankees are making. They have spent large amounts of money in the farm system and FA market to improve the team and won a World Series (2016) doing so.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 am 

Juiced wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We now have multiple Cubs fans openly bragging about the money spent by the Cubs for the 25 man roster putting them at #1 in baseball at the start of the 2017 season and now.

Who is bragging? You and Good Dolphin keep trolling the Cub fans because your team has sucked for over a decade and has done nothing interesting since going "all in" :lol:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

View them however you want to view them. Why does it matter how we view our team? The facts are the Cubs have been planning to increase revenue close to what the Dodgers and Yankees are making. They have spent large amounts of money in the farm system and FA market to improve the team and won a World Series (2016) doing so.

So angry....

It was a debate before. I'm glad it isn't now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So angry....

I was not a part of that debate. The voice of a few is not the voice of MANY.

Not angry, you and GD have to #try harder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 am 

Juiced wrote:

Well this is about that debate as I made clear so you can quietly leave my thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Connies
sjboyd0137 wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 am 

Juiced wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So angry....

you are responding so I don't have to try harder.

It's the off season. I'll go after the big fish in a few months