It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fear the Brewers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Schwarber may hit more home runs than their entire outfield.

No. But he is likely to strike out nearly as much as their entire outfield.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:54 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Schwarber may hit more home runs than their entire outfield.

No. But he is likely to strike out nearly as much as their entire outfield.

I wouldn't call 150 strikeouts for a young slugger high. That number will definitely drop. Babe will hit 40 home runs this year and the Brewers outfield won't have many more than that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:01 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
M'eh.

Dynamite drop in 'Tiny... that broadcast school has really paid off.

:?: I'm supposed to shit myself in terror b/c of Lorenzo Cain? I think their signings are middling at best. I thought from your .gif we shared the same sentiment, titface.

How much better is the Brewer outfield than the Cub outfield? The Cubs just signed Peter Bourjos. Schwarber, Bourjos, and Heyward doesn't exactly sound like a championship outfield, does it?

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
M'eh.

:?: I'm supposed to shit myself in terror b/c of Lorenzo Cain? I think their signings are middling at best. I thought from your .gif we shared the same sentiment, titface.

How much better is the Brewer outfield than the Cub outfield? The Cubs just signed Peter Bourjos. Schwarber, Bourjos, and Heyward doesn't exactly sound like a championship outfield, does it?

Bourjos is suppose to be the 5th OF/ Defensive replacement/ PR I would think. Actually, I have no idea who the 4th OF is... is Chief Justice Jon Jay a free ajent?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
The Cardinals are more of a worry than the Brewers.

I agree with this. The Brewers really needed to add pitching. They will be a good offensive team, but fall short because of a lack of pitching. Cubs win the Central with the Cardinals fighting for a wild card.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:26 am 

Apologist wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
M'eh.

Bourjos is suppose to be the 5th OF/ Defensive replacement/ PR I would think. Actually, I have no idea who the 4th OF is... is Chief Justice Jon Jay a free ajent?

I would hope that Bourjos spends all of 2018 at AAA staying ready in case of an injury that never happens. The outfield on most days will be Schwarber, Almora and unfortunately Heyward. I'm hoping Chili Davis can get him hitting at a more respectable level.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:30 am 
Site Admin

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Apologist wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
M'eh.

I would hope that Bourjos spends all of 2018 at AAA staying ready in case of an injury that never happens. The outfield on most days will be Schwarber, Almora and unfortunately Heyward. I'm hoping Chili Davis can get him hitting at a more respectable level.

:lol: As if Almora is drastically different than Bourjos.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Almora is a better baseball player than Heyward, give the guy 600 at bats and he will prove it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Almora is a better baseball player than Heyward, give the guy 600 at bats and he will prove it.

I agree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:44 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

:lol: As if Almora is drastically different than Bourjos.

Yes he is. Almora hit nearly .300 while Bourjos was under .230. Just insurance in case of injury.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:49 am 
Site Admin

He hit almost .300 in about 300 carefully selected at-bats against his best matchups. The Cubs know he isn't an everyday player. That's why they keep going out to get Jon Jays and Peter Bourjoses. And the idea that he is anywhere near as good as Heyward, even with as bad as Heyward has been as a Cub, is a fucking pipedream.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
He hit almost .300 in about 300 carefully selected at-bats against his best matchups. The Cubs know he isn't an everyday player. That's why they keep going out to get Jon Jays and Peter Bourjoses. And the idea that he is anywhere near as good as Heyward, even with as bad as Heyward has been as a Cub, is a fucking pipedream.

Almora had 325 plate appearances last year, 198 of them were against RHPs, not very "careful" selection there.

Not for nothing but in those 198 plate appearances against RHPs, Almora had an OPS of 711, which happens to be pretty damn close Heyward's OPS for the 2017 season (715).

As of Feb 9th 2018, Almora is a superior offensive performer when compared to Heyward.

Also, Almora wasn't an "everyday player" in his age 23 season. What's the big fucking deal Mr. Mackey?

And for what it's worth, 2016.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:27 am 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Almora had 325 plate appearances last year, 198 of them were against RHPs, not very "careful" selection there.

Not for nothing but in those 198 plate appearances against RHPs, Almora had an OPS of 711, which happens to be pretty damn close Heyward's OPS for the 2017 season (715).

As of Feb 9th 2018, Almora is a superior offensive performer when compared to Heyward.

Also, Almora wasn't an "everyday player" in his age 23 season. What's the big fucking deal Mr. Mackey?

Hey, don't get mad at me just because your favorite team has a shitty outfield.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The statement I quoted has nothing to do with the overall quality of Cubs OF, it had to do with your statement that Almora is "nowhere near as good as Heyward". In light of the facts I posted, either you cannot understand facts, or you are willfully choosing to ignore them.

Try to stay linear please. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm 

One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The statement I quoted has nothing to do with the overall quality of Cubs OF, it had to do with your statement that Almora is "nowhere near as good as Heyward". In light of the facts I posted, either you cannot understand facts, or you are willfully choosing to ignore them.

Try to stay linear please. Thanks in advance.

Good stuff, It seemed like Maddons dumb ass didn't realize how good the kid is til September. Two vets like Heyward and Zobrist are fucking up the lineup for years to come.. We need a manager with balls to bench these bums and tell Epstein they gotta go.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Heyward is going nowhere. There is no way Ricketts is just going to eat that money.

I still think Zobrist will retire.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Heyward is going nowhere. There is no way Ricketts is just going to eat that money.

I still think Zobrist will retire.

If you ate 40% of Heywards money and 40% of Zobrists..both could be dealt.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Apologist wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
M'eh.

Last I heard, Jay was among the FA's twisting in the wind.

On Peter Bourgis: the guy is a blur in the outfield, can get to anything (if he runs in the right direction) On the basepaths he's a blur of suck. I never saw a worse baserunner.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 am 

312player wrote:

Good stuff, It seemed like Maddons dumb ass didn't realize how good the kid is til September. Two vets like Heyward and Zobrist are fucking up the lineup for years to come.. We need a manager with balls to bench these bums and tell Epstein they gotta go.

This was a good post. Yes, it was Maddon that was late to realize just how good Almora is. Once he got regular at bats against both Lefties (who he kills) as well as righties, it became apparent that he could hit both very well and he got the bulk of the playing time. I believe 2018 will be the year he is a true everyday player......which he should have been already last season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:46 am 
Site Admin

Do you really think Epstein, the prototype modern GM, allows a fucking manager to sit a first round draft choice if he believes the guy is an everyday player? Almora is as ordinary as they come. If he's the best guy in your outfield you're in big trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Do you really think Epstein, the prototype modern GM, allows a fucking manager to sit a first round draft choice if he believes the guy is an everyday player? Almora is as ordinary as they come. If he's the best guy in your outfield you're in big trouble.

This sounds a lot like your 2015 proclamation that Rizzo had a career year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

This sounds a lot like your 2015 proclamation that Rizzo had a career year.

Sounds like you're starting to get worried that the Cub "dynasty" isn't exactly going the way you thought. Maybe Theo can trade for a good first baseman like Goldschmidt or Freeman.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 am 

How could any cub fan complain? The last 3 years have been great, this year should be great. I didn't like the Heyward contract or Zobrist contract, I have no confidence in Zobrist this year or next.. Small hope that Jhey can hit .270.

Almora is our best glove in the outfield, I believe he can hit .300 if given 500 plus at bats..I like what I see, I'd make him the every day CF and leadoff man.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
How could any cub fan complain? The last 3 years have been great, this year should be great. I didn't like the Heyward contract or Zobrist contract, I have no confidence in Zobrist this year or next.. Small hope that Jhey can hit .270.

Almora is our best glove in the outfield, I believe he can hit .300 if given 500 plus at bats..I like what I see, I'd make him the every day CF and leadoff man.

I'll bet right now he never hits .300 in a 500 at-bat season in his career. Your superstar Anthony Rizzo has never come within 8 points of .300 but some defensive replacement is suddenly going to lead your team in hitting. You guys have strange thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

I'll bet right now he never hits .300 in a 500 at-bat season in his career. Your superstar Anthony Rizzo has never come within 8 points of .300 but some defensive replacement is suddenly going to lead your team in hitting. You guys have strange thoughts.

There are MANY guys who aren't super stars that hit .300. Remember Lance Johnson?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

There are MANY guys who aren't super stars that hit .300. Remember Lance Johnson?

Now Almora is Lance Johnson. Maybe we can keep going and get him to Tris Speaker.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Now Almora is Lance Johnson. Maybe we can keep going and get him to Tris Speaker.

It was you that's pretending that only a superstar can hit .300. I don't even think Lance Johnson was ever an all star but I would take something similar.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sounds like you're starting to get worried that the Cub "dynasty" isn't exactly going the way you thought.

I agree, it's not.

4 years ago I would have never thought the Cubs would be in 3 straight NLCS and win a WS, and continue to be the odds on favorite to win the division again in the 4th year. Thanks for the perspective!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am 

spanky wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Sounds like you're starting to get worried that the Cub "dynasty" isn't exactly going the way you thought.

I agree, it's not.

4 years ago I would have never thought the Cubs would be in 3 straight NLCS and win a WS, and continue to be the odds on favorite to win the division again in the 4th year. Thanks for the perspective!

Yep.

This is the same JORR that proclaimed the Cubs had 0% chance of making the playoffs and then they were in the NLCS

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

It was you that's pretending that only a superstar can hit .300. I don't even think Lance Johnson was ever an all star but I would take something similar.

I'm not pretending anything. I just find it highly doubtful that Almora ever hits .300 as a full time player.

And Johnson was an All-Star at least once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next