It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heyward sucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
man there's still $23M or so next year too. but hey, 2016, rain delay.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i will say that matt speigel has stepped out and predicts that the cubs will DFA him. the only guy on the score i've heard with this radical opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
dan stuck with the flowchart and asked ian happ about the legendary baseball gravity that surrounds j-hey. dan did give the disclaimer that "heyward isn't producing...but".

Bernstein has really sunk to soiling himself praising Heyward's "leadership". And now a new one, Heyward's "gravity". Happ labored through his praise like he was reading from a cheat sheet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
We could be looking forward to a sub .200 BA by tomorrow. That'll be fun.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Currently sporting an OPS+ of 58. So for $22 million, the Cubs are getting 58% of the offensive production expected from an average hitter. No way to grade it other than a solid F.

Heyward's OPS+ across his entire Cubs tenure is 86. $184 million wasted -- not on a top-10 MVP-caliber player, which is what he was paid to be (at least for a couple of years), but for a below average player. And his OPS+ for the 2016 championship year was a terrible 68, so regardless of any speech, it is safe to say the Cubs won despite his presence, not because of it. He should thank his lucky stars they won...it saved him a lot of abuse from fans over the years. Only recently is his pathetic performance getting the focus it deserves, as Hoyer gets closer to finally DFA'ing him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:30 pm 

Darkside wrote:
We could be looking forward to a sub .200 BA by tomorrow. That'll be fun.

Missed it by one day. He's. 198 now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:08 pm 

Best buddy Ross hung him out to dry and let him make a fool of himself batting in the 9th against Kenley Jansen. Just as of a few years ago he had 2 week tears where he got hot. Those days appear to be over. Funny he said coming back from COVID he needs to play to get his batting timing. Well he's playing. He's just going through the motions now. I really think the bs that he works hard is meant for lifting weights. It can't be hitting and running how slow he looks. Boog & Pat label every catch he has to run more than 5 feet as "not a routine catch" to prop him up.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:56 pm 

Boog never mentioned this data.

JHK MLB Percentile Rankings

Outfield Jump
2022- 25
2021- 66
2020- 66
2019- 81
2018- 86
2017- 95
2016- 98

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:05 pm 

Slugging .274.

That is incredible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:29 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Slugging .274.

That is incredible.

I honestly have no idea in good faith you can keep that on the roster.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:54 pm 

Gordon Wittenmyer is just the latest to make himself look like a fool defending Heyward.
Quote:
Heyward’s contract isn’t even the worst Cubs contract in the last five years.

For one, Tyler Chatwood’s three-year, $38 million deal before the 2018 season was worse. It wasn’t as big or as lenghty as Heyward’s, but the Cubs got no value out of that deal — actually negative WAR the first year of the contract, when they need most what they were paying for.

Yu Darvish’s six-year, $126 million deal arguably was worse than Heyward’s, too, having been signed during that same offseason and producing similarly negative WAR, again, when the Cubs needed production the most that year. On the other hand, Darvish at least had enough value by 2020 that the Cubs netted a promising return prospects by trading him.

Really? The 38 mil for Chatwood wasn't great, but it's no where near the ballpark of the Heyward Albatross. And Darvish wasn't a terrible signing at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:07 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Gordon Wittenmyer is just the latest to make himself look like a fool defending Heyward.
Quote:

For one, Tyler Chatwood’s three-year, $38 million deal before the 2018 season was worse. It wasn’t as big or as lenghty as Heyward’s, but the Cubs got no value out of that deal — actually negative WAR the first year of the contract, when they need most what they were paying for.

Yu Darvish’s six-year, $126 million deal arguably was worse than Heyward’s, too, having been signed during that same offseason and producing similarly negative WAR, again, when the Cubs needed production the most that year. On the other hand, Darvish at least had enough value by 2020 that the Cubs netted a promising return prospects by trading him.

Really? The 38 mil for Chatwood wasn't great, but it's no where near the ballpark of the Heyward Albatross. And Darvish wasn't a terrible signing at all.

:lol: yeah that is quite the gymnastics act.

Sure Chatwood was not good, but a 3 yr deal on a pitcher is worth the gamble. The length of Heywards deal is what has been so awful. If they had got him for 3-4 years it would not have been nearly as bad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:11 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Quote:

I've never heard anyone stupid enough to say Heyward's contract wasn't the worst in Cubs history. Until now. GW should be a Score host he's so ridiculously bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:39 pm 

Darvish finished second in Cy Young voting in his third year with the Cubs, and they got out of the deal after three years. There is NO comparison to the Heyward disaster.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:28 pm 

If he is such a good leader, and hey, he probably is, there is room for him on this roster as a guy who rides the pine. This team is awful but might have one or two guys on the roster who will be on the next Cubs playoff team.

Hayward can lead, and actually show tremendous leadership by accepting that his skills are so diminished as to make him the last position player on the roster for a team that is cruising towards 100 losses.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Who exactly is he leading? These are all 30 year old 4A players aside from Willy and Happ who don't need his leadership. Are Morel and Nico the only 2 and JHey U? I would also have a hard time buying into a guys preparation and work ethic when he sucks.

Thankfully his buddy Ross made sure everyone knew that he only missed the last two games because of a sore knee and not because he fucking sucks and has no business on a major league lineup card.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm 

One Post wrote:
If he is such a good leader, and hey, he probably is, there is room for him on this roster as a guy who rides the pine. This team is awful but might have one or two guys on the roster who will be on the next Cubs playoff team.

Hayward can lead, and actually show tremendous leadership by accepting that his skills are so diminished as to make him the last position player on the roster for a team that is cruising towards 100 losses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:45 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Thankfully his buddy Ross made sure everyone knew that he only missed the last two games because of a sore knee and not because he fucking sucks and has no business on a major league lineup card.

That's to be able to put him on the IL next week in advance of someone like Madrigal or Suzuki coming off of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:19 pm 

Got to just laugh at this bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:18 pm 

The 'intangible' angle might be worth something if this team was overperforming...but they STINK! Who the hell is he motivating, who is he making better? NOBODY!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:07 pm 

It almost sounds from Ross that Heyward will get ABs as long as he's the manager. I really believe Heyward personally brought them from the 9th or 10th draft pick to 7th this year. The more he plays here on out he could move them from just out to into the draft lottery in '23.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:36 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
It almost sounds from Ross that Heyward will get ABs as long as he's the manager. I really believe Heyward personally brought them from the 9th or 10th draft pick to 7th this year. The more he plays here on out he could move them from just out to into the draft lottery in '23.

If they do trade Happ, I could see them moving Heyward and Ortega into some sort of platoon in LF. But I think he still has a couple of more stints on the IL between now and September 1.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:

Christ. What the hell does he bring to the table when he can't hit.

I'm sick of hearing that he's a nice guy. You know what, if I sucked at baseball and still got 20 million a year, I'd be the greatest guy in the world as well. When you suck, you have no choice but to be nice. I want the ass hole that hits 40 HRS and bats .320. I like those guys better then the nice guys that suck.

There's plenty of nice guys in the minors that are better than Heyward that will never get a chance to be in MLB. But he's got his contract so he gets to play.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:44 pm 

Beardown wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Christ. What the hell does he bring to the table when he can't hit.

I'm sick of hearing that he's a nice guy. You know what, if I sucked at baseball and still got 20 million a year, I'd be the greatest guy in the world as well. When you suck, you have no choice but to be nice. I want the ass hole that hits 40 HRS and bats .320. I like those guys better then the nice guys that suck.

Didn't Durocher write a book about that?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:44 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

That's to be able to put him on the IL next week in advance of someone like Madrigal or Suzuki coming off of it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:44 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

this is outrageous.

Who's the black guy next to him?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:45 am 

But I think he still has a couple of more stints on the IL between now and September 1.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:22 am 

vitoscotti wrote:

This is the guy to Ross' left. Apparently he has a small sports media company.This guy is great. He should win an award for his "right... right... right", and agreeing head nods.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:27 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not quite Suzuki, they brought up Narcissist Brooks or some shit, but u were right. Wow.

They call it a "knee issue".

YOU, are the Steve Stone of this board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next