It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Fucking Rongey saying Rizzo not being vaccinated isn’t even a choice.

What does that even mean. It’s not a choice? He says it’s a lousy, thought out decision and everyone SHOULD do it. Rongey calls it a civic duty.

The fuck?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Is it a law that every American has to be vaccinated?

If not then why are people acting like there is?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:56 pm 

i love how we wore masks for months before the big explosion and then it was going away fast well before we got the vaccines and now its almost gone and these people are still hell bent on masks and vaccines.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
One Post wrote:
Beardown wrote:
He told Kap and Hood that on their show after Kap asked the question. Said he didn't want to do it.

So now we know two Cubs. Arietta and Rizzo.

Cubs won't get to 85% As Jed has said, this puts the Cubs at a competitive disadvantage for multiple reasons.

So what do Cubs fans have to do to pressure Rizzo and Arietta to get the shots? I'm thinking a stadium chant today with 40k at the park saying "GET THE VAX, GET THE VAX" That will shame them all into getting it. Boom. Solved.

Also shaming someone who doesn't get a vaccine isn't the best approach. We can all fall into that trap.

The reality is that humans are going to encounter more vaccines going forward for a variety of things. It's literally the best type of medicine, prevention rather than treatment. Shaming someone and psychologically forcing them to dig even more to their position isn't going to lead them to getting the vaccine, in fact it's probably going to make them more intransigent to get the current vaccine, and/or future vaccines.

We want people to be more open to taking a vaccine, this one or any other.

the problem with people who think vaccines are the answer to every virus is they have no answer when asked "if they work, why do you care if someone else doesnt want them?"

For those who aren't aware, some people who are at risk for many things that vaccines can protect against cannot get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, many of them out of their control. That's the magic and awfulness of a vaccine encapsulated. For vaccines to work broadly, you need the buy in of even those who aren't susceptible to the most dramatic effects of whatever disease you are vaccinating for. If you don't get that buy in, welp, the program doesn't work as designed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:20 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It is kind of odd that so many people who used to scream "KEEP YOUR LAWS OFF MY BODY!" are now trying to force others into taking a medial procedure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:35 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It is kind of odd that so many people who used to scream "KEEP YOUR LAWS OFF MY BODY!" are now trying to force others into taking a medial procedure.

It's funnier in the reverse with the people hell bent on otherwise normally telling people how they should live. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Given how sick I got from the first shot, I am not sure I would do it over again. But the vaccinations seemed to have worked in the U.S. as our Covid numbers are very solid. So on balance, my four days of hell were probably worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:48 am 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Given how sick I got from the first shot, I am not sure I would do it over again. But the vaccinations seemed to have worked in the U.S. as our Covid numbers are very solid. So on balance, my four days of hell were probably worth it.

Probably. I'm happy that discussions now seem to be permitted about fluoroquin, hydro, and ivermectin. Censorship is always bad. Lying about decades old medicines as "killers" will always come back to bite you in the ass. Papers are now being published and peer reviewed. Let's keep the transparency humming from here on out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:38 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Crick Ramp wrote:
Just stop.

The fact that this is news or even of interest to people is mind boggling.

I’m vaccinated but don’t give a shit if someone is or isn’t.

Let. It. Go.

Move. The. Fuck. On.

I’m convinced that those who choose to actively obsess about this issue have deep self esteem issues and waaaaaay too much free time.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Actually, your bodies own natural immune response..is the best.

Then why did you rush out to get the vaccine?

Rush?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Rush?

MANY are waiting for Bob's vascular walls to collapse.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Rush?
PM was correct. Answer the question.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:11 am 

I got the vaccine in April, when all residents 16 and up were eligible. I'm not sure if that is rushed, I do believe Peoria Matt, like Period Frank, used his job status(postal employee) to line jump MANY seniors months before everyone was eligible for the vaccine.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
I got the vaccine...when all residents 16 and up were eligible.
Not true.

PM was correct. Answer the question.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Rizzo and Arrietta are the two I have heard most. One for cancer survivor and the other because he’s a loon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:33 am 

I answered Peoria Matt's question, Period Frank.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:35 am 
100000 CLUB

Nope.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:38 am 
Site Admin

One Post wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
For those who aren’t aware, young(ish) healthy people aren’t sufficiently afraid of COVID to seek vaccination.

For those who aren't aware, some people who are at risk for many things that vaccines can protect against cannot get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, many of them out of their control. That's the magic and awfulness of a vaccine encapsulated. For vaccines to work broadly, you need the buy in of even those who aren't susceptible to the most dramatic effects of whatever disease you are vaccinating for. If you don't get that buy in, welp, the program doesn't work as designed.

That's why the incentive on drug makes is so high to get this right. This is the most high profile vaccine in the history of medicine, arguably surpassing the Salk vaccine. If there is failure here, that's going to toxify the public consciousness for generations. Vaccines are the perfect product for drug companies because they can literally sell it to everyone. If Merck develops a great cancer drug, they can only sell it to cancer patients. If they develop an HIV vaccine, well you're selling that to about 7.5 billion people give or take.

That's all true. But there are a few things at play here with the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines. First of all, obviously the best case is to eradicate the virus. But I believe the only virus that has ever been completely eradicated by man is smallpox. We've gotten close with polio:

But it's been very tough in Islamic countries where there is resistance due to a belief that the West is attempting to sterilize them.

There has never previously been a successful vaccine for a coronavirus. It would be wonderful if any one of these vaccines is successful. So far they seem to be highly effective, but the long term effects are unknown and anyone claiming otherwise is a liar or a propagandist.

And what is the point of segregating the vaccinated from the unvaccinated anyway? It seems obvious to me it is about shaming the unvaccinated. If the vaccine works why would the vaccinated require segregation? And such segregation certainly would not do anything to help the people who cannot get vaccinated that you mention above.

The messaging on this has been terrible. It's been one scare tactic after another. I have a half-ass friend who has been vaccinated but refuses to associate with me because I am not. I didn't really like him much anyway. :lol: The point is, he's completely irrational. And his thoughts are informed by silly and pointless policies like segregating the vaccinated.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
One of guys in our group yesterday was not vaccinated. We were at busy bars and of course a packed Wrigley Field, and I thought about it. We are no threat to him because the rest of us are vaccinated. He is no threat to us because we are vaccinated. And if he wants to roll the dice with other unvaccinated people, then it does not really impact me.

But I have always been a live and let live guy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:12 am 
100000 CLUB

Right.

You're smart. Bob is not.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
badrogue17 wrote:

His body, his choice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:51 am 
Site Admin

When people's livelihoods were shut down did Olberman think that was an "f you, you're on your own" or was his rich, comfortable ass screaming "JUST STAY HOME!"?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Rizzo and Arrietta are the two I have heard most. One for cancer survivor and the other because he’s a loon.

Republican.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:36 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
But it's been very tough in Islamic countries where there is resistance due to a belief that the West is attempting to sterilize them.

Fundamentalist Muslims, MAGAs, and LeBron James all found common ground. That's swell!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:14 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Republican.

Hurts huh? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Fundamentalist Muslims, MAGAs, and LeBron James all found common ground. That's swell!

And Sikhs:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Republican.

My politics have nothing to do with my refusal. I can handle a cough. I don't like blood clots and heart attacks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Republican.

My politics have nothing to do with my refusal. I can handle a cough. I don't like blood clots and heart attacks.

Exactly: As Trump said, you can't have the cure be worse than the problem itself.

Rizzo had cancer and who knows what complications the vaccine could cause. Anybody shitting him over this is an idiot. Dude has been a class dude his whole career.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:49 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
My mom has cancer and her oncologist made sure she got vaccinated as soon as possible.