It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The New Core is in place
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Wisdom, Hoerner, and Madrigal. Plus waves and waves of talent will be coming from high draft picks. The future is bright for the next Cub Dynasty!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucky Lil's
It will be some time before sell-offs become a viable way to fast-track a rebuild again. The Sox were really the last to do it and I don't think anyone is going to move on from blue chip prospects again any time soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Wisdom, Hoerner, and Madrigal. Plus waves and waves of talent will be coming from high draft picks. The future is bright for the next Cub Dynasty!

Mediocre trolling. You sound like you live in Beverly with a bunch of cops stuck in dead end jobs.

They will bring back Castellanos for either LF or 1B and extend Contreras. That will be the core of the clubhouse.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Mediocre trolling. You sound like you live in Beverly with a bunch of cops stuck in dead end jobs.

They will bring back Castellanos for either LF or 1B and extend Contreras. That will be the core of the clubhouse.

Yeah, that was bad.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
This is pretty funny.

I think Sox fans have more joy in the Cubs rebuild than if the Sox won the World Series.

You guys have a pretty good team with a shot. You should run off and enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
This is pretty funny.

I think Sox fans have more joy in the Cubs rebuild than if the Sox won the World Series.

Is it really true Hoyer turned down Crochet for Midget?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:06 pm 

Nardi wrote:
This is pretty funny.

Is it really true Hoyer turned down Crochet for Midget?

I doubt it. Crochet is worth significantly more.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
There does seem to be a concerted effort to move away from launch angle guys to contact guys, which kind of contradicts the "expert" analysis back of the baseball card memorization types that have been polluting WSCR over the past few years.

Baseball seems to have figured out that while the chicks dig the long ball, the chicks get pretty bored watching a strikeout parade as they wait for the one or two solo homeruns from their heroes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:42 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
There does seem to be a concerted effort to move away from launch angle guys to contact guys, which kind of contradicts the "expert" analysis back of the baseball card memorization types that have been polluting WSCR over the past few years.

Baseball seems to have figured out that while the chicks dig the long ball, the chicks get pretty bored watching a strikeout parade as they wait for the one or two solo homeruns from their heroes.

Here's the thing: It's all about pitching and always has been. Everyone knows this, whoever is pitching is best (or gets the hottest) come October most of the time takes home the hardware.

And pitchers do not like batters who draw a lot of walks, force high pitch counts and are constant threats to crush any mistake a pitcher makes into the outfield stands. Pitcher do like batters who get themselves out without working a count and only usually capitalize on hung breaking balls or misplaced fastballs with a single or double.

Its makes for a shitter, more unwatchable version of baseball no doubt. I hate it. But its just what wins games. A lineup of slap-hitters who can't hit home runs and don't work counts (since their strategy is to get on base with their bat, not by the umpires discretion) won't terrorize opposing pitchers, and if your starter outpitches and outlasts the other team's starter you more often than not win the game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
The Great Northern wrote:
It will be some time before sell-offs become a viable way to fast-track a rebuild again. The Sox were really the last to do it and I don't think anyone is going to move on from blue chip prospects again any time soon.

Even for the Sox it wasnt a fast=track. It's been 4 years since they traded Sale and 4 years since they got Eloy. It took a while. This is my point. Bully Hoyer thinks he will be good again in no time, and that aint happenin'.

Fuck him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:00 pm 

whistler wrote:
The Great Northern wrote:

Even for the Sox it wasnt a fast=track. It's been 4 years since they traded Sale and 4 years since they got Eloy. It took a while. This is my point. Bully Hoyer thinks he will be good again in no time, and that aint happenin'.

Fuck him.

The Sox probably would've been pretty good last year if not for the virus craziness. And they should've been much better in 2019 than they were, it was a bit of a fuck-up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, that was bad.

It is a terrible trolling attempt from a guy who will be at more Cubs games than Sox games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
*JORR puts on leather jacket with City of Chicago flag patch on one arm and The Effigies on the back*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, that was bad.

It is a terrible trolling attempt from a guy who will be at more Cubs games than Sox games.

Not even close.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

West Beverly, maybe....more like Mount Greenwood. But the Bev cops I know are retiring at 52. Insane.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
This is pretty funny.

It's a two-way street. Cubs were playing playoff games for four straight years, and there were still Cub fans taking shots at the White Sox.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:13 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is pretty funny.

It's a two-way street. Cubs were playing playoff games for four straight years, and there were still Cub fans taking shots at the White Sox.

Well, they are sad.

I won't lie. I wanted to watch Eloy as a Cub. That's gonna hurt.

You might see a spiteful post from me from time to time.

Who fucking doesn't want to see a World Series in Chicago? I like you guys. Enjoy.

But I didn't grow up in Chicago with your weird regional prejudices.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Shout out to Weird Regional Prejudices

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is pretty funny.

Well, they are sad.

I won't lie. I wanted to watch Eloy as a Cub. That's gonna hurt.

You might see a spiteful post from me from time to time.

Who fucking doesn't want to see a World Series in Chicago? I like you guys. Enjoy.

But I didn't grow up in Chicago with your weird regional prejudices.

The bad Sox fans on here started this Dr Ken. We all know the names and you know the truth but are trying to be diplomatic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is pretty funny.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:12 pm 

This is pretty funny.

Most post all-time in the Cubs section:

1.Frank
2.HY
3.Dolphin
4.Jorr

Three Sox fans and Mult most of us have on ignore.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
This is pretty funny.

Why can’t we do both?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is pretty funny.

It’s really only Caller Bob’s dumbass from what I see, but I don’t spend a lot of time in Sox threads.

For the most part the majority of Cubs fans on this message board agree with criticisms of their favorite Chicago team.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:27 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Shout out to Weird Regional Prejudices

I saw them live once in a small club doing a test set.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Saddest Cub fan of all is conns who was second only to bigfan in trolling the Sox section.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
That’s unfortunate Conns participates in such chicanery.

He’s an otherwise solid poster IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:43 pm 

I am glad JORR and Sox fans are feisty like this. Makes it fun around here. Cubs fans enjoyed our run now it is their turn.

Will be interesting to see if their waves of talent can do better than the Cubs run.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:54 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
This is pretty funny.

As it should be. Fuck that, I hope your team wins bullshit. Keep that kind of thinking to the millennial pansies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
:alien:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Yeah, that was bad.

Not even close.

At least you can still tailgate.....