It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

He told Kap and Hood that on their show after Kap asked the question. Said he didn't want to do it.

So now we know two Cubs. Arietta and Rizzo.

Cubs won't get to 85% As Jed has said, this puts the Cubs at a competitive disadvantage for multiple reasons.

So what do Cubs fans have to do to pressure Rizzo and Arietta to get the shots? I'm thinking a stadium chant today with 40k at the park saying "GET THE VAX, GET THE VAX" That will shame them all into getting it. Boom. Solved.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
It only takes 4 players out of 26 to not reach 85%. Wonder who the others are. Maybe Heyward.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
It only takes 4 players out of 26 to not reach 85%. Wonder who the others are. Maybe Heyward.

If it’s him I’m sure his reasons are justified .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 am 

Beardown wrote:
He told Kap and Hood that on their show after Kap asked the question. Said he didn't want to do it.

Cubs won't get to 85% As Jed has said, this puts the Cubs at a competitive disadvantage for multiple reasons.

So what do Cubs fans have to do to pressure Rizzo and Arietta to get the shots? I'm thinking a stadium chant today with 40k at the park saying "GET THE VAX, GET THE VAX" That will shame them all into getting it. Boom. Solved.

Why is he a dumbass for not being vaccinated ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
badrogue17 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Why is he a dumbass for not being vaccinated ?

Because he's not a really smart guy like you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

If it’s him I’m sure his reasons are justified .

The Tuskegee Experiment!

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:

It’s not just the players. It’s the entire traveling party. Trainers, coaches and other staff included.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Beardown wrote:
It’s the entire traveling party.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I just read the CDC is having an emergency meeting because of heart inflammation cases related to Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Jbi11s wrote:
I just read the CDC is having an emergency meeting because of heart inflammation cases related to Moderna and Pfizer vaccines.

A little late for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Beardown lives in fear of the china virus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
Well, Rizzo's already gay so I don't see how the vaccine can make him...gayer.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
For those who aren’t aware, young(ish) healthy people aren’t sufficiently afraid of COVID to seek vaccination.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:32 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
For those who aren’t aware, young(ish) healthy people aren’t sufficiently afraid of COVID to seek vaccination.

Im guessing a guy who beat cancer, is ostensibly examined often has a more informed opinion on his health and the things he puts in his body than most grandma killers out there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:43 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

For those who aren't aware, some people who are at risk for many things that vaccines can protect against cannot get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, many of them out of their control. That's the magic and awfulness of a vaccine encapsulated. For vaccines to work broadly, you need the buy in of even those who aren't susceptible to the most dramatic effects of whatever disease you are vaccinating for. If you don't get that buy in, welp, the program doesn't work as designed.

That's why the incentive on drug makes is so high to get this right. This is the most high profile vaccine in the history of medicine, arguably surpassing the Salk vaccine. If there is failure here, that's going to toxify the public consciousness for generations. Vaccines are the perfect product for drug companies because they can literally sell it to everyone. If Merck develops a great cancer drug, they can only sell it to cancer patients. If they develop an HIV vaccine, well you're selling that to about 7.5 billion people give or take.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm 

Beardown wrote:

Also shaming someone who doesn't get a vaccine isn't the best approach. We can all fall into that trap.

The reality is that humans are going to encounter more vaccines going forward for a variety of things. It's literally the best type of medicine, prevention rather than treatment. Shaming someone and psychologically forcing them to dig even more to their position isn't going to lead them to getting the vaccine, in fact it's probably going to make them more intransigent to get the current vaccine, and/or future vaccines.

We want people to be more open to taking a vaccine, this one or any other.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
One Post wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Also shaming someone who doesn't get a vaccine isn't the best approach. We can all fall into that trap.

The reality is that humans are going to encounter more vaccines going forward for a variety of things. It's literally the best type of medicine, prevention rather than treatment. Shaming someone and psychologically forcing them to dig even more to their position isn't going to lead them to getting the vaccine, in fact it's probably going to make them more intransigent to get the current vaccine, and/or future vaccines.

Actually, your bodies own natural immune response..is the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:24 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
One Post wrote:
Beardown wrote:

You should mainline some HIV infected blood and let your natural immune response take over. Let me know how that works for you and your immune response. If natural immune response was the best approach, we wouldn't have had scores of plagues over recorded human history that have wiped millions of otherwise healthy humans off the planet due to an ineffective natural immune response.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Caller Bob wrote:

Then why did you rush out to get the vaccine?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
So is there a law that says we have to get the vaccine right now?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:16 pm 

One Post wrote:
Beardown wrote:

the problem with people who think vaccines are the answer to every virus is they have no answer when asked "if they work, why do you care if someone else doesnt want them?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
I'm surprised Rizzo hasn't done it. He's passed the 5 year remission long ago...and the dude had gallons of drugs designed to kill you, almost...

Whatevs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
IkeSouth wrote:
One Post wrote:
Beardown wrote:

the problem with people who think vaccines are the answer to every virus is they have no answer when asked "if they work, why do you care if someone else doesnt want them?"

Because smart people care deeply about stupid people.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Just stop.

The fact that this is news or even of interest to people is mind boggling.

I’m vaccinated but don’t give a shit if someone is or isn’t.

Let. It. Go.

Move. The. Fuck. On.

I’m convinced that those who choose to actively obsess about this issue have deep self esteem issues and waaaaaay too much free time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:19 pm 

It might be that. Or it could be that half the population is stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:20 pm 

Nardi wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
One Post wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Because smart people care deeply about stupid people.

Yes definitely. Trickle down economics!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 pm 

Dunno about his logic, but between him and Arrieta, I'd be a little salty as a vaccinated teammate stuck on the protocol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:34 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Dunno about his logic, but between him and Arrieta, I'd be a little salty as a vaccinated teammate stuck on the protocol.

His logic is he’s trying to knock his wife up.

But who cares about his logic anyways

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:34 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
It might be that. Or it could be that half the population is stupid

Half? lol