It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SELL THE TEAM!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Please Rickett's family, SELL the team -------- PLEASE!!!

Patience AGAIN???? TWO rebuilds in the last ten years???? REALLY? And you expect the 'loyal' CUB fans to tolerate that embarrassment that we had to endure from that previous REBUILD --- AGAIN? That minor league low paying sorry excuse of a baseball team we had to watch for over 4 years while you and your family raked in the ' LOYAL' season ticket holders money, year after year? PLEASE, how many baseball franchises have torn down the entire team, traded their most popular players TWICE in ten years? PATIENCE is what you are asking for -- AGAIN???!!! Sorry if my hysterical laughter is too loud and annoying you Mr. Ricketts, but this is beyond CRAZY. I hope to see more and more season ticket holders cashing in their chips resulting in many more empty seats, at future CUB games. Your family deserves THAT! You say you and your family have always been, and ARE Cub fans? NAH, just greedy money hungry opportunists at the expense of others' LOYALTY. Again, PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!

PS. I thought I would NEVER say the following: GO WHITE SOX!!!!

Post subject: Re: SELL THE TEAM!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
You got a WS out of these guys. Suck it up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I can't believe people are whining about the rebuild. Our offensive core peaked in 2016. If anything, the rebuild should have started last year.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
These mults, smh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:53 pm 

to whom should the team be sold?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
It is very clear this core of players was never going to sniff a WS again. This tear down was a long time coming. This isn’t ownerships fault, it’s “star” players playing like shit for the last three years. Fuck them all, I’m ready for a rebuild.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Ricketts is not the problem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
No.

Tom cares like the die hards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:01 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:31 pm 

You don't have to totally tear down a team to rebuild. Wake up CUB fans, look at St Louis, Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers. Continuously competitive most every year. They keep their core players and mix and match around them. You are all being buffaloed by the Ricketts. Patience AGAIN???? ---- BS!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:37 pm 

tdendzone wrote:
You don't have to totally tear down a team to rebuild.!

You do when they continue to not produce for you. Who did you want them to keep and pay?

If anything they kept the core 2yrs too long. Redsox didn't re-sign players that they didn't want to pay either.

Nomar, Lester, Betts all traded while playing at all-star level.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
tdendzone wrote:
You don't have to totally tear down a team to rebuild. Wake up CUB fans, look at St Louis, Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers. Continuously competitive most every year. They keep their core players and mix and match around them. You are all being buffaloed by the Ricketts. Patience AGAIN???? ---- BS!!!!

This whistler mult just gets worse and worse every day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
tdendzone wrote:

Yep.

Dodgers continue to develop waves of talent.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:55 pm 

>>>Dodgers continue to develop waves of talent.<<<

Yes they do --- and always have. We were doing pretty well in developing talent in OUR minors also. We had the numero UNO prospect in all of baseball and traded him. Traded him to our crosstown rivals, so we can all personally and frequently see THAT mistake. Yeah, Jimenez doing pretty good, isn't he? Please don't tell me we would not have won the World Series without Quintana, cause that is BS. Jimenez looks to be a super stud and we will most likely put this in the archives with the Lou Brock debacle. Hey Mr Ricketts, you old enough to remember THAT one.

PLEASE SELL THE TEAM, cause you really can't convince us you really care about winning more than increasing your family's fortune ---- at the expense of all the loyal and longtime Cub fans.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:55 pm 

"...you really can't convince us you really care about winning more than increasing your family's fortune ---- at the expense of all the loyal and longtime Cub fans."

what the hell are you talking about? Poured hundreds of millions of dollars to buy the team, upgrade the not just the ballpark and surrounding areas, but also the facilities used by the players to train and prepare for the season and games. Signed and developed talent that produced the most successful run in franchise history which included a World Series championship.

"at the expense of...Cub fans"...

Who are these people? The same fans that shit bricks because they didnt hire Ryne Sandberg as manager solely just because he was a great Cubs player? The same people who pissed and moaned about the first ads going up on the outfield doors to create extra revenue for the team? Who complain about current century amenities to make the stadium more enjoyable?

Asinine thinking.

If you're line of thinking is that you want the team to be run like it was back in the days of the Tribune company or fucking Sam Zell - which TRULY looked at the team as just a commodity and money making machine, instead of a storied franchise that should be run competently - then I really do hope you surrender your loyalty to this team and start watching a different one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:37 pm 

"then I really do hope you surrender your loyalty to this team and start watching a different one."

I have, i will be watching our south side team for now on. And believe me, as CUB fan all my life, that is something I thought I'd never say. But watching billionaire Tom Ricketts sitting in on a pre game interview and asking CUB fans for PATIENCE ---- AGAIN, I almost spit out my beverage. What a joke! And if anyone believes his BS, your loyalty to this money hungry FAMILY is just what they want. They use the loyalty of so many Cub fans to rake in the money for their family. The ticket prices during their tenure have become outrageous and NOT family friendly. Bleed CUBBY BLUE? That's the way they want you to be. It makes it easy to ask for "YOUR PATIENCE", as they deposit all your money year after year for those season tickets. Amazing that they can buffalo so many because of that CUB loyalty. They should be REWARDING that loyalty, not taking advantage of it. But they gave us ONE championship!!! ---- New York and LA are laughing!

Have fun the next 4-5 years waiting for that "next great Cubs team" (as Tommy put it) while the 'family' rakes in all those sell outs.

But really, this cash strapped family NEEDS your PATIENCE! ---------- Gimme a break!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
TdWorshipPodcast?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Frank Coztansa wrote:
TdWorshipPodcast?

Damn. Good memory, Frank