It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

1/16 with a player option for another 1/16.

His agent gave him some baaaaad advice when he turned down the Cubs' offer last year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Cubs sign Seiya Suzuki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:12 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Cubs sign Seiya Suzuki

Looks like Heyward will be firmly planted to the bench once Happ's elbow is healthy enough to let him play the field. Now that the lockout is over and no games were missed, it'll be easier for them to just waive him at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
Cubs sign Seiya Suzuki

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:21 am 

cub pushing some narrative that Ricketts' presence was critical to signing this guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:21 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Cubs sign Seiya Suzuki

He's Fukodome part 2. #Take that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:55 am 

Detroit is signing Andrew Chafin. Too bad, I thought he would be a good fit if he returned.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

His agent gave him some baaaaad advice when he turned down the Cubs' offer last year.

Cubs offered 5/70?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:24 am 

Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

Cubs offered 5/70?

Yeah, and figure he would have gotten a fair amount of endorsements after that. In retrospect, the offers for Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant were all above today's market values for them. The A's and Reds running fire sales isn't helping either.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:31 am 

If Rizzo is back with the Yankees, can the Cubs pry Luke Voit away from them to DH against lefties and be insurance against Schwindel coming back to earth? With a $5.2M contract, he should be easy to get for a couple of A ball guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Steven Brault signed w/ the cubs.

Trevor Williams part 2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

Cubs offered 5/70?

Yeah, and figure he would have gotten a fair amount of endorsements after that. In retrospect, the offers for Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant were all above today's market values for them. The A's and Reds running fire sales isn't helping either.

I'm sure the Cubs offer to Rizzo was more money in total -- do we know what the reported Cubs offers to Baez and Bryant were though?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Observer wrote:

Pass on Greinke.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Cubs signing a lot of short term "adds depth" guys with Miley, Suzuki & Stroman = A lot of opportunities for the young guys hopefully in the not too, too distant future. And McCloud gone is a plus.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:22 pm 

I forgot we have Nickey 3000 hits on our club at 2nd this season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

Cubs offered 5/70?

Beez landed 6 years / 140 million. I'm not sure the Cubs offered him quite that much, but good Lord Detroit is gonna regret that deal.

Bryant and Rizzo definitely will leave money on the table, for sure. They both were offered really good deals while they were peaking. I'm sure someone will give Bryant a larger contract any of us are comfortable with, but I bet it still falls short of the rumored $200-250 million he was offered by the Cubs.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:36 pm 

What is with the #TakeThat hashtag? Is it part of the Kaplan Douchebag experience?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm 

Alright BigW, so the reported number was $200 - $250 million for Bryant? That's a large window. Over how many years?

I feel like Rizzo is the only player out of the 3 who would've been paid more by the Cubs. Especially, if Bryant goes to a place like Colorado. I imagine they'd open the check book for him. Denver would be a great chill place for him to finish out the 2nd half of his career. He'll hit lots of home runs there too.

Last edited by Ron Wolfley on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Observer wrote:

Pass on Greinke.

long term i absolutely agree, but on a one or two year deal, sure, I'd welcome that. Someone needs to pitch for this team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:48 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Alright BigW, so the reported number was $200 - $250 million for Bryant? That's a large window. Over how many years?

I feel like Rizzo is the only player out of the 3 who would've been paid more by the Cubs. Especially, if Bryant goes to a place like Colorado. I imagine they'd open the check book for him. Denver would be a great chill place for him to finish out the 2nd half of his career. He'll hit lots of home runs there too.

Good question.....now that Rizzo is signed, we can safely conclude to left a lot on the table. Verdict still out on Bryant. AFter looking at the numbers, it may very well be Bryant gets a $240 million deal....8 years @ $30 million each? I wouldn't do it, but some team may be desperate enough. We'll see...maybe Bryant gets exactly what he refused from the Cubs.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

Cubs offered 5/70?

makes me very sad. I was looking forward to watching good A's baseball again...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
BigW72 wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

Cubs offered 5/70?

Beez landed 6 years / 140 million. I'm not sure the Cubs offered him quite that much, but good Lord Detroit is gonna regret that deal.

Bryant and Rizzo definitely will leave money on the table, for sure. They both were offered really good deals while they were peaking. I'm sure someone will give Bryant a larger contract any of us are comfortable with, but I bet it still falls short of the rumored $200-250 million he was offered by the Cubs.

Radio said last offer to Baez they were talking in the 175 range but they didn’t mention years. That would of been dumb money.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Darkside wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Rizzo back with Yankees.

Cubs offered 5/70?

Well if he takes the player option next year he's making note than the cubs offered, just no guarantee on the final three years but he should get another contract yeah?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:20 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Good question.....now that Rizzo is signed, we can safely conclude to left a lot on the table. Verdict still out on Bryant. AFter looking at the numbers, it may very well be Bryant gets a $240 million deal....8 years @ $30 million each? I wouldn't do it, but some team may be desperate enough. We'll see...maybe Bryant gets exactly what he refused from the Cubs.

7 years, $182 million. Alright, well I stand corrected. I suppose the Cubs offered more than that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:56 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

7 years, $182 million. Alright, well I stand corrected. I suppose the Cubs offered more than that.

:lol: Yesterday....after i looked at contracts for Machdo, Arenado, Tatis...I was doing a 180 and was thinking the Cubs pegged the number exactly.

Looks like KB gave the Rockies a deal. There had to have been more money out there from other teams. I wouldn't have paid him, but teams love to sign contracts they grow to regret.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:49 am 

I guess Bryant and his agent got their big payday.

Funny the Giants said they were not impressed by him.

But I always felt there would be a team out there that would spend big money on him.

The Rockies are actually a good fit for him. They're in no urgency to win and he can probably hit another 5-7 HRs in that ballpark.

It's an easy gig for Bryant and if he wants to take a week off because of a minor bruise nobody will care.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:51 am 

Cubs pick up Jonathan Villar. Terms TBD.

That's who I wanted before they signed Simmons. Looks like he could play some 3B, with Wisdom either sitting or going over to 1B or DH occasionally. He can also play 2B, and stand at SS for a couple of innings here and there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:09 pm 

I guess they really are trying for that 6th playoff spot. All these retreads and 3rd tier FA's. What about pitching? You have no rotation and a shit bullpen.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:15 pm 

I like the Villar move. Solid player who can do a lot.

I was never really that excited about the possibility of Correa. I would rather see that money spent on pitching, OF, or corner spots. And I would like to see how Hoerner and Midget do at the middle infield spots.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next