It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

On "Hit and Run" this past Sunday. Said he was a jerk to the club house guys. Throwing his dirty towels in their faces. That he would treat them like shit.

Spiegel said he couldn't say this when he was a Cub. Funny. We all know why.

The story with him for years, from all our weak fan boy media guys, was what a great guy he was. I'll bet you if and when he comes back to the Cubs, Spiegel will say he's a great guy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yeah I have a strong feeling Rizzo was a phony.

Burning through the hitting coaches like they did during the “window” was def a red flag.

Didn’t Chili Davis make some comments about certain Cubs hitters more or less just being stubborn assholes?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:45 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I knew Rizzo was a dick when he went after Hector Rondon for HAVING FUN during the World Series:

https://nypost.com/2017/03/14/cubs-nake ... -comeback/

Rizzo likes FUN, but only on his terms and if he's the one leading it. You meet a lot of people like that during your lifetime.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I have never heard of the towel story but I have been saying he was the problem in that clubhouse for years. That is why Wily jumped his shit in the dugout a few years ago over something. I have also heard that he was lazy and showed up to the park later than most and left earlier than most and refused to participate in team strength and conditioning work. He would leave and workout with a personal trainer. Hell of a leader.

Drinking Malort and blowing rizzo are cubs fanboys 2 favorite things on earth. The day he got traded they got better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: John's
He got pissy when the Cubs wouldn't renegotiate the pre-arb deal he signed in 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:04 am 

Most pro athletes are.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:30 am 

Oh, if Parkins ever shows his face back in this place again...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I caught this and at first was a little disturbed this is the first we hear about stuff like this. After giving it some thought, though, I get it...breaking bad on active / current players would not end well for Spiegs and the like.

JORR's article from the NY Post is just a head-shaker. What a douche....didn't Johnny Damon pull shit like that as well?

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
too much choking up

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Carrying a lot of emotional scarring from the Parkland shooting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
I'm not surprised. I long suspected he might be an arrogant asswipe. Just a hunch, with various stories here and there lending some credence. Plus, he comports himself like a typical high school dick star athlete. Crapping on the little guys behind closed doors says a lot about him.

Even his charity work, which is admittedly commendable, seems at least partially self-serving. There was never a shortage of Rizzo footage at Lurie. Reminds me of Letterman's criticism of Leno, saying Jay acts like he's with AAA, always helping people on the side of the road. Except the AAA doesn't bring a camera crew along.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:01 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I knew Rizzo was a dick when he went after Hector Rondon for HAVING FUN during the World Series:

Rizzo likes FUN, but only on his terms and if he's the one leading it. You meet a lot of people like that during your lifetime.

That's so very Cubbie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:38 pm 

Opie wrote:
I'm not surprised. I long suspected he might be an arrogant asswipe. Just a hunch, with various stories here and there lending some credence. Plus, he comports himself like a typical high school dick star athlete. Crapping on the little guys behind closed doors says a lot about him.

Even his charity work, which is admittedly commendable, seems at least partially self-serving. There was never a shortage of Rizzo footage at Lurie. Reminds me of Letterman's criticism of Leno, saying Jay acts like he's with AAA, always helping people on the side of the road. Except the AAA doesn't bring a camera crew along.

Funny. I expressed the same feelings about Rizzo here years ago and got blasted for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
LESS SUPERIOR

Steve Stone was right in more ways than one.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
im not sure i would respond well to my rally dick being sprayed with shoe cleaner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Regular Reader wrote:
Opie wrote:

Funny. I expressed the same feelings about Rizzo here years ago and got blasted for it.

Glad to see you've started drinking agajn.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:17 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I remember reading this and although the excerpt I read was meant to highlight Ross as a good clubhouse guy, like you my main takeaway was Rizzo as a beatoff.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
im not sure i would respond well to my rally dick being sprayed with shoe cleaner

You can’t be both: 1) a guy who thinks it’s hilarious to be naked in front of people and 2) a guy who gets upset when people spray shoe cleaner at him while naked.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:44 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

You can’t be both: 1) a guy who thinks it’s hilarious to be naked in front of people and 2) a guy who gets upset when people spray shoe cleaner at him while naked.

oh, cruel world!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:13 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
If it came down to it I wouldn't mind Spiegel and Rizzo putting on the boxing gloves to settle this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Not surprising. All these guys are this way. When the entire Chili Davis thing went down you knew then what kind of guy Rizzo could be.

Bryant is/was the same way. All the bs last year with him crying felt like crocodile tears to me. Like he took acting classes. When he got to the Giants he said the things his agent probably had him say like how his fav player was Bonds and he loves SF. He was just looking for a big payday.

And what's the thing about these big macho jocks exposing themselves all the time? I never understood that. Why would anyone want to flash their junk at other teammates? Bizarre but I heard it too many times with professional athletes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:58 am 

why have you never shared this information about all the rally dick youve known about for years?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:36 pm 

why have you never shared this information about all the rally dick youve known about for years?

I've heard of it. And there was an episode on Arliss back in the day that discussed this.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I am sorry to hear this. All the publicity about the visits to the Children's Hospital and the Millions he has donated and raised for the Hospital, made him seem like a great guy. But maybe he cared about those kids because being a cancer survivor, he related to what they were going through and knew kids who didn't survive while he was going through treatments. But the clubhouse guys, he doesn't relate to. But to be disrespectful as described goes way beyond. Hard to understand why he might have utter disdain for them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:46 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I am sorry to hear this. All the publicity about the visits to the Children's Hospital and the Millions he has donated and raised for the Hospital, made him seem like a great guy. But maybe he cared about those kids because being a cancer survivor, he related to what they were going through and knew kids who didn't survive while he was going through treatments. But the clubhouse guys, he doesn't relate to. But to be disrespectful as described goes way beyond. Hard to understand why he might have utter disdain for them.

Welcome back, Steve!

Since you've been gone, you've actually become a moderate here.

He's a three dimensional guy, some good, some bad, just like the rest of us. We get faked by the pr machine sometimes. He's probably a pretty good guy on the whole.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Welcome back, Steve!

Since you've been gone, you've actually become a moderate here.

He's a three dimensional guy, some good, some bad, just like the rest of us. We get faked by the pr machine sometimes. He's probably a pretty good guy on the whole.

You are right GD. It is pretty standard as I remember back in Cubs history. Doesn't matter if it is Rizzo or Grace or to a lesser extent Sosa they are media darlings in this town and put on the proverbial pedestal. Then after a bit we find the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:58 am 

https://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?p=2788415#p2788415

Well done pittmike and FF(RIP).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Caller Bob was the true legend in that thread. I only waste other's O2.

Snark, snark, snark.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:04 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Have we considered the possibility that Spiegal may be full of shit w/ this story? Maybe Rizzo didnt say hello to him one day coming off the field into the clubhouse? This is spiegal's way of getting back for a perceived knock to his ego. Or maybe Rizzo treated clubhouse writers like shit and threw towels at them instead of the clubhouse workers?

Rizzo may be 99.9 percent a good guy and only .1 percent asshole but the media has to push the .1 percent angle.