It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zach Zaidman SUUUUUUUCKS
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Jesus christ man I listened to a bunch of this game driving to a service call and you can't tell what the hell is going on. Listening to him is like taking a giant swig of nyquil and huffing carbon monoxide.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
He interviewed Ian Happ pregame like he was talking to Mike Trout.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
And his background cackling for Hughes drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
alot of dicks apparently from his job placement.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
the cubs radio broadcast has sucked for several years.

Path Hughes is boring and sucks ass. He doesn't even tell you the score during the broadcast. Considering its RADIO probably one of the most important things is to tell the listener THE SCORE from time to time!

ZZ is a great ass kisser. Ass kissing has done well to advance his career. He is working for the Cubs broadcast instead of some shit score gig.

Pat Hughes fired Grote. Grote was great. But old man Pat was too old to get Grote's cultural quips. I guess the referencing the honeymooners is too old for Pat. Geez.

anyway fuck those assholes. If I have no other option than to listen to the cubs broadcast, I just will listen to the opposing teams crew.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:44 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Really under the radar among Mitch Rosen's worst moves is promoting this phony to an actual Major League Baseball play-by-play role. But as I've said before, the Cubs and 670 have always been a mismatch. Zach Zaidman shouldn't even have been in a position to do games for the Cubs.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Really under the radar among Mitch Rosen's worst moves is promoting this phony to an actual Major League Baseball play-by-play role. But as I've said before, the Cubs and 670 have always been a mismatch. Zach Zaidman shouldn't even have been in a position to do games for the Cubs.

100% true but lets not pretend that Grote was the answer either. His chemistry with Hughes was god awful.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:21 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Grote was fine for pre/post, but didn't make a great third man in the booth. Same with Dave Kaplan back at WGN.

Maybe the Cubs should have gone back to the old system of the TV and radio guys switching for the middle innings and gotten rid of the whole idea of a backup radio guy.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
badrogue17 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

100% true but lets not pretend that Grote was the answer either. His chemistry with Hughes was god awful.

They could have had Wayne Randazzo before he went to the Mets. But no...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 8:42 am 

In-house Spiegel, Levine, ZZ Cubs pre, post, and fill-ins has to be a move to save money.
Just like Rick Camp basketball, Parkins football, and Spiegel baseball experts. Mitch Rosen has to be laughing his ass off.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
vitoscotti wrote:
In-house Spiegel, Levine, ZZ Cubs pre, post, and fill-ins has to be a move to save money.
Just like Rick Camp basketball, Parkins football, and Spiegel baseball experts. Mitch Rosen has to be laughing his ass off.

I said this for a few years but the score doesn't use the cubs contract to it's max. Should be like when WGN had it in the heyday. The whole station was cub-centric. The score still acts like they have the white sox as the flagship.

They should have rehired murph and had murph do a pre and postgame show every weekend. And maybe a postgame show on weekdays.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:20 pm 

Some great ZZ on M & H. Asked when will the Cubs be competitive? He wouldn't answer. Starts quoting his hero Theo. Says Cubs of course are in a MLB best position for future success. Cried a lot about injuries. Says Cubs & Orioles (8 game winning streak) are evenly matched. Lots of praising, and vagueness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
vitoscotti wrote:
Some great ZZ on M & H. Asked when will the Cubs be competitive? He wouldn't answer. Starts quoting his hero Theo. Says Cubs of course are in a MLB best position for future success. Cried a lot about injuries. Says Cubs & Orioles (8 game winning streak) are evenly matched. Lots of praising, and vagueness.

Wow that sounds great. I feel so much better about the Cubs. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Cubs will be competing for the World Series again in '24...2124

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:32 pm 

Very bizarre pregame interview yesterday with Alfonso Rivas. Appeared loosely scripted and focused on Rivas' leadership, mentoring, and clubhouse presence. Rivas will be 26 soon with only 223 career ab. That he can help players cope with failure with all he's had. The Cubs are really pushing players who fail as having value thing. Iironic a dumpster diver like ZZ gets the crap jobs like this no one with integrity would do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:37 am 

Classic ZZ on M & H. Apparently Willson Contreras still thinks Tom, Jed, and grandpa are first class even after they bad mouthed, low balled, then ran him out of town.

This is a special place to play. And the Cubs operate first class behind the scenes with all their players. That's why Willson Contreras who knew the Cubs were trying to trade him cried about it and still didn't want to leave here. Even though the team was trying to get rid of him. Think about that.
-Zach Zaidman