It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:39 pm 

enigma wrote:
Can we get off the WGN fascination. WGN also used to broadcast the Sox, Bulls and Hawks. Now they have none of them, so maybe it wasn't the Cubs decision to move off the network, it was WGN.

And if WGN (in its current form, not the superstation it was from the '70 thru the 90's) was the magical station that could turn all these future baseball fans into Sox fans, why wouldn't the Sox jump to WGN? Maybe it's because WGN doesn't want baseball or that the Sox have their own network, you know NBC Sports Chicago. The channel you have to pay for in your cable bill, just like Marquee.

I would love to see the Venn diagram of fans that are bent out of shape for paying, what an extra $30 a year in their cable bill for Marquee but rail against the Cubs because they aren't spending up to and over the luxury tax. And these complaints are going back to last year, its not a new phenomenon.

Record number of people cancelled their cable last year and the number is growing. It's just bad marketing. NBC Sports Chicago is on every streaming TV platform. Marquee is not.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I picked up hulu a few years ago just to get that shitty marquis, after a year the cubs got greedy and hulu bailed..fuck Ricketts and fuck marquis.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:14 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
same. was glad to cancel Xfinity and use Hulu tv, really only for Marquee and HBO. but when marquee bailed, I found myself back with xfinity.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:17 am 

eventually everyone will be on some sort of "cable situation" at this point. the number of streaming services is getting to be almost the number of cable channels out there.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
When the Dodgers went to exclusive tv , the majority of fans didnt subscribe and just depended on the radio. Its like turning back time where most of their fan base follows baseball on radio than tv.

For the team they have out there, I wouldn't pay for Marquee.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
312player wrote:
I picked up hulu a few years ago just to get that shitty marquis, after a year the cubs got greedy and hulu bailed..fuck Ricketts and fuck marquis.

Jason?