All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i think i lost my fandom
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:23 am 

pizza_Place: papa johns
use to watch all agmes

now no marquee

dont care

ill wathc em at bar ons ta and sunday

but hard to really be invested when you cant watcj you know?

and im a cub fan!

oh well

ill wathc other teams with MLB.TV

anyone losing interest?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:28 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Come on. The Cubs have replaced Bryzzo with Schwisdom. Your team is still Hollywood cute and cuddly.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yes I give up. They sucked for about 100 years, then were good for about five, and now they suck again. It is like being a lifelong Cubs fan was all about watching greatness throughout the decades, and it has been lost.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:37 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Come on. The Cubs have replaced Bryzzo with Schwisdom. Your team is still Hollywood cute and cuddly.

ten years ago, this would have been the type of team cubbie fans would rally around while monitoring the daily box scores of Brennan Davis

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:40 am 

Have not watched a game all year. Rickett's has no idea what it means to be a Cub fan. Electronic scoreboard, signs blocking the rooftops, killed the nostalgia. Marquee network was the nail in the coffin for this teams popularity. Moron Rickett's did not even field a winning team on his private network. Why would anyone pay money to watch this shit team?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: sorentos
Juiced wrote:
Have not watched a game all year. Rickett's has no idea what it means to be a Cub fan. Electronic scoreboard, signs blocking the rooftops, killed the nostalgia. Marquee network was the nail in the coffin for this teams popularity. Moron Rickett's did not even field a winning team on his private network. Why would anyone pay money to watch this shit team?

Good points

Now Wrigley is just like every other ball park

(yawn)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:42 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

ten years ago, this would have been the type of team cubbie fans would rally around while monitoring the daily box scores of Brennan Davis

Like I said, he killed the nostalgia and WGN broadcast. Cubs used to be unique and now they are just the White Sox of the 80's.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:43 am 

nickmiles wrote:
Juiced wrote:

Good points

Now Wrigley is just like every other ball park

(yawn)

Even worse. It is overpriced and old. I rather go to a game in Milwaukee to watch the Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I haven't watched much this year but that's because I've actually been in Chicago 85% of the time since the season started and no hotel carries Marquee (and most don't carry CSN Chicago either). Since I'm blacked out of my MLB.TV access, I've ended up listening to about half the games on the radio, like I will do tonight.

I've resigned myself to the high probability that Davis is going to be another toolsy guy like the Angels' Jo Adell and will never be what he's projected to be. I hope I'm wrong. Below him I just read Josh Timmers' pretty good recaps of the minor league games about twice a week at BCB and see which names repeat frequently, and I might try to catch a South Bend game if they are home when I start driving back to North Carolina. I think Hoyer fleeced the Mets for Pete Crow-Armstrong, and he's going to be a Kevin Kiermeier type who can bat 7th and play a superior CF for a decade.

I'm only paying attention to the performances of four guys currently active on the major league roster: Steele, Thompson, Wisdom and now Morel. Nobody else who's not arb-eligible now will make it to their second year or arbitration, so I can't particularly get excited. Guys like Schwindel are the definition of "serviceable.". For Wisdom, the Cardinals have a recent history of fucking up their minor league hitting development, see them giving up on Randy Arrozerena (sp). Madrigal and Hoerner will eventually come back, but Hoerner is injury prone and I don't see him overcoming that to be an upper third starting MI.

I like that they are throwing Morel in there every day at a different position. When I saw him in person in Tennessee last year, he had a Wisdom level of swing and miss in his game and he seems to be making progress correcting it. I'm fine with letting him be the every day CF and backup 3B for the next month and seeing what they have.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Juiced wrote:

Easily predictable. But the fans were sold a bill of goods that destroying "The Wrigley Experience" was going to be worth it because of the multiple World Series championships doing so would yield.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105785&p=2687558&hilit=antique+ballpark#p2687558

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
ok, next lose your login

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They’re 9th in average attendance and they suck. They used to be top 5 when they sucked. I’d still bet that’s more to do with not being on WGN than anything they did to Wrigley.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
KDdidit wrote:
They’re 9th in average attendance and they suck. They used to be top 5 when they sucked. I’d still bet that’s more to do with not being on WGN than anything they did to Wrigley.

Marquee is so short sighted. Ricketts still doesn't understand why Marquee was booed during the cubs convention a few years ago. He was in shock remember when hearing the boo's.

WGN superstation is what made the Cubs fan base for 30 years. Nobody wants to pay to watch baseball on tv. The Dodgers proved that after going exclusive tv.

If I were the cubs owner, I would put their games free on all platforms. But a fucking satellite , put it into space, and broadcast cubs games on there for the entire world.

And the entire Wrigley Field thing isn't as special as it use to be. Baseball is too expensive for summer camps to afford, the kids don't want to go to watch a baseball game, and there are countless other better options to spend your time.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The super station thing was dead years ago. Even recently when games were on WGN they were not really on WGN. There was special programming on the cable available out of market WGN. I could never see a Cubs broadcast here. Same thing with the Braves.

As for Wrigley it is likely in part to the above if there is less tourist fans as time goes on with them not being able to watch. Somehow the Yankees and Red Sox get to pimp out or build a whole other Yankee Stadium and still fill up.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:57 pm 

Yankee stadium certainly doesn’t fill up because it’s a great stadium to watch a game in.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:03 pm 

Observer wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Marquee is so short sighted. Ricketts still doesn't understand why Marquee was booed during the cubs convention a few years ago. He was in shock remember when hearing the boo's.

WGN superstation is what made the Cubs fan base for 30 years. Nobody wants to pay to watch baseball on tv. The Dodgers proved that after going exclusive tv.

If I were the cubs owner, I would put their games free on all platforms. But a fucking satellite , put it into space, and broadcast cubs games on there for the entire world.

And the entire Wrigley Field thing isn't as special as it use to be. Baseball is too expensive for summer camps to afford, the kids don't want to go to watch a baseball game, and there are countless other better options to spend your time.

If you are going to go private with the broadcast then you better be top dog in spending or at least top 3. The last two years they have cried poor and ran the team like the White Sox!

I expect them to go all in on every superstar on the market until they have set new highs in league spending. What they are currently doing is an insult to every Cub fan who supported the restructuring of this organization. The Cubs no longer are the lovable losers. No room for that bullshit when people can barely afford a tank of gas and put food on the table for their family. The Cubs used to be an escape from the every day pressures of life. Get home at night, pop open a beer after dinner and watch them lose 7-2 on WGN to the Cardinals. Didn't matter because we struggled like the Cubs and fought battles that we would lose in real life. At least we had each other and one day, hopefully before we die, we would see them win the World Series.

Now it feels like we made a deal with the devil to get our World Series and are paying the price. (literally)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:06 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Now it feels like we made a deal with the devil to get our World Series and are paying the price. (literally)

"You won't believe it Dad, they fill up the ballpark even when they lose."

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:06 pm 

The rights deals bubble burst after the Dodgers and everyone knew it, and because the Cubs old deal ended when it did they were left holding their dicks. It sucks, but most people saw the writing on the wall.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

KDdidit wrote:
The rights deals bubble burst after the Dodgers and everyone knew it, and because the Cubs old deal ended when it did they were left holding their dicks. It sucks, but most people saw the writing on the wall.

I think it was really the deal that Moorad cut for the Padres that was the warning. But the execs thought that subscribers would still pay for the "legacy" teams like the Dodgers and the Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I'm done with them. The Ricketts and their greed is what turned me off. Plus, baseball kinda sucks so it's not like I'm missing out on anything. Following the Sox and being associated with that whiny, insecure fanbase was never an option.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ive watched 20 games since they went to marquis, huge fuckup.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:41 pm 

Waves of talent? Multiple bites at the apple? Enormous streams of revenue?

All you Jake Arrietta cock suckers get what you deserve.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:36 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Waves of talent? Multiple bites at the apple? Enormous streams of revenue?

All you Jake Arrietta cock suckers get what you deserve.

It was a great run, the Sox wont be able to replicate it. I wanted Friedman over Theo and Scherzer over Lester ..could have been better but it was pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:40 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Observer wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

If you are going to go private with the broadcast then you better be top dog in spending or at least top 3. The last two years they have cried poor and ran the team like the White Sox!

I expect them to go all in on every superstar on the market until they have set new highs in league spending. What they are currently doing is an insult to every Cub fan who supported the restructuring of this organization. The Cubs no longer are the lovable losers. No room for that bullshit when people can barely afford a tank of gas and put food on the table for their family. The Cubs used to be an escape from the every day pressures of life. Get home at night, pop open a beer after dinner and watch them lose 7-2 on WGN to the Cardinals. Didn't matter because we struggled like the Cubs and fought battles that we would lose in real life. At least we had each other and one day, hopefully before we die, we would see them win the World Series.

this was really good Juiced. Impressive.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:46 pm 

Id fire Hoyer immediatly and cut Heyward, get Neander or Bendix to clean this shit up.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:48 pm 

312player wrote:
Id fire Hoyer immediatly and cut Heyward, get Neander or Bendix to clean this shit up.

Ricketts doesnt want to spend anything , that's why he hired Hoyer the Yes Man.

People thinking 2024 is the year but it's not. 5 years at least when they start spending if we're lucky.

Ricketts' other finances seem to be very iffy. Maybe that's why they dont want to spend on anything.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:50 pm 

Observer wrote:
312player wrote:

Ricketts doesnt want to spend anything , that's why he hired Hoyer the Yes Man.

People thinking 2024 is the year but it's not. 5 years at least when they start spending if we're lucky.

Ricketts' other finances seem to be very iffy. Maybe that's why they dont want to spend on anything.

Ricketts is an idiot, he doesnt mind spending he just needs somebody who knows what the hell they are doing to run shit. Hoyer aint Epstein, like Nagy aint Reid.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:07 am 

Can we get off the WGN fascination. WGN also used to broadcast the Sox, Bulls and Hawks. Now they have none of them, so maybe it wasn't the Cubs decision to move off the network, it was WGN.

And if WGN (in its current form, not the superstation it was from the '70 thru the 90's) was the magical station that could turn all these future baseball fans into Sox fans, why wouldn't the Sox jump to WGN? Maybe it's because WGN doesn't want baseball or that the Sox have their own network, you know NBC Sports Chicago. The channel you have to pay for in your cable bill, just like Marquee.

I would love to see the Venn diagram of fans that are bent out of shape for paying, what an extra $30 a year in their cable bill for Marquee but rail against the Cubs because they aren't spending up to and over the luxury tax. And these complaints are going back to last year, its not a new phenomenon.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
It seems like Hoyer did overhaul the pitching process away from what Theo and McLeod were favoring. And it seems to be making progress in the younger major league pitchers such as Thompson and Steele, and Effross, as well as many of the minor league pitchers.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 3:23 pm 

the exodus definitely reminds me of what hawkvision did.