It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brewers @ Cubs 5-30/6-1
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
really disappointing AB from contreras in the 1st inning. the cubs may go on to win 7-2 or lose 5-4, but he's got to make a productive out at the very least. not a word from boog or JD. contreras a 'rejuvenated' .250s BA.

rookie pitcher, important to get into the lead.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:18 pm 

hoerner with a clutch 2 out hit...bails out contreras - who rapped into a double play with runners on 1st & 2nd. counsel confident of ashby going 6-7 innings in game 2, goes to the bullpen in the 3rd inning. key inning for swarmer...he gets the 4th-6th hitters. if he gets through that, could go 6 innings in his debut.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
really disappointing AB from contreras in the 1st inning. the cubs may go on to win 7-2 or lose 5-4, but he's got to make a productive out at the very least. not a word from boog or JD. contreras a 'rejuvenated' .250s BA.

rookie pitcher, important to get into the lead.

I never understood in baseball how the catcher isn't the best hitter on every team? the catcher knows how all the pitches look when coming to the plate, know what pitch will be throw in every situation, and understand why the defense each AB.

Catchers should go down in history w/ all the hit records and batting avg but they don't.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:24 pm 

If you're a great hitter why would you desire to be on your knees for money

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:37 pm 

cubbies go back-to-back to take a 4-2 lead. if i'm ross, i pull that loser frazier out for happ...the brewers L starting pitcher is gone now. what a poor effort, going for the ball and then when deciding not to attempt a catch, terrible defense.

let's see if swarmer can get to the 6th.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:56 pm 

that was bullshit by Fraizer. It was like he wasn't even trying. Maybe he came into the game w/ a hangover. thats how bad it was.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 1:59 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
cubbies go back-to-back to take a 4-2 lead. if i'm ross, i pull that loser frazier out for happ...the brewers L starting pitcher is gone now. what a poor effort, going for the ball and then when deciding not to attempt a catch, terrible defense.

let's see if swarmer can get to the 6th.

nope....and we are tied. not his fault. shitty defense cost him 3 runs today.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
Schwindel's error was little league. They are going to find a way to lose.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:02 pm 

wow...wisdom and schwinnie can't execute a ground ball to 3rd base - brewers get an extra out and a 2 run HR. unbelievable, that's why this team is so fucking garbage. 1st inning couldn't move a runner to 3rd with no outs - schwinnie hits what would have been a sac fly. cubs have the same with hoerner...failed to move runner to 3rd with no out, but, didn't matter because frazier struck out. brewers take an extra base on frazier's nonsense..and then score with 2 out and now this. not good enough of a baseball club to make these mistakes.

i would have pulled frazier out...he's struck out twice on a aaa pitcher and a reliever making his 3rd appearance this year. plays defense like an asshole.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:08 pm 

Sure looks like these guys out late last nigh getting hammered and came in hungover for this game.

For MLB players to make little league errors is inexcusable. I agree Fraizer should have been pulled after that bs he pulled. It was insulting to baseball and baseball fans everywhere.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:19 pm 

this norris is more garbage, back up the truck. i think the cubs have perfectly positioned themselves to lose this game, norris just may speed up that process.

what a shitty club.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:21 pm 

there you go.....

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Schwindel should have been charged with the error…didn’t look like it even touched the ground.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Isn’t Daniel Norris one of those minimalist weirdos?

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
this norris is more garbage, back up the truck. i think the cubs have perfectly positioned themselves to lose this game, norris just may speed up that process.

what a shitty club.

The over even at 11.5 was the play. Cha-Ching!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 2:57 pm 

Contreras blows. .829 OPS, .254 avg. Cubs would be crazy to resign him.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:05 pm 

Nothing better watching the Flubs lose, the over cashed, and being half drunk.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:31 pm 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

what a shitty club.

The over even at 11.5 was the play. Cha-Ching!

yeah...11 1/2. i played the cubbies and the tigers this afternoon. usually, i'll post my picks for discussion about the game(s), but no one responded..so, i stopped. i believe you took the over, despite you not believing me that i had a great college and pro basketball investing year and having $$ for baseball. i posted what i was going to play, some nights i was 5-1, 6-1..and you still didn't believe it. when the total is at 13 when you post, that 11 1/2 is a winner.

today's game was picked apart, losers on this cubs side - contreras, frazier, wisdom, schwinnie, norris...rivas is overmatched against mediocre pitching, hader vs rivas was like tyson vs. screech. no chance of even putting the ball in play. lots of garbage. boog said the brewers took the first game, he should have said the cubs gave them the game with their shit defense and usual untimely hitting. i prob won't play the 2nd game, i might post my picks in the mlb thread.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Bad defense. If this is not a DH, then Happ is in LF and Rivas is at 1B (Contreras C and Schwindel DH) and none of the unearned runs score.

Swarmer pitched well today but he's a long term #5 at best once the league gets film on him. He still deserves another start next weekend vs the Cardinals.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:11 pm 

i agree...lots of unearned runs against him. i felt he had too many 2 and 3 ball counts, got a few guys out with a nice change-up. doesn't have a heater - brewers hit his high fastball for HRs.

having the flying karamazov brothers as your defense behind you, isn't very settling.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:18 pm 

whitesoxfanfrank wrote:
Nothing better watching the Flubs lose, the over cashed, and being half drunk.

Another sux fan in cubs biz.

Talk about projecting. Everything you said is how your describe the sux this year in their World Series year. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The rebuild is approaching the end of it's first year. Some flashes of talent. But not one player who you'd say would be sure-fire all-star caliber. The only worrisome possible bad long-term money is Suzuki. A lot of current MLB big money guys are falling of a cliff once they get their big payday. Jed has to of went to school on Theo's blunders. If he's even the right guy to rebuild the team. Everyone assumes Rickets will be in the top 5 spending teams. We really don't even know that with his Marquee money promises not yet kept. More high draft picks, JHK circus, Score/ Marquee glass half full are only certainties.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:02 pm 

It feels like Hoyer has focused on fixing the pitching first through hiring Craig Breslow and Carter Hawkins and flushing out some of the old guard. Steele, Thompson, Effross, maybe Hughes, targeting Killian in the Bryant trade. The pitching side is the harder side to fix because of the need for constant juggling of young guys on the 40-man.

The hitting seems to be mostly 2024 arrivals. Davis is struggling at AAA but there's no reason for them to rush him, Morel has really improved his approach at the plate since last summer, and is a credible replacement for Bote who can also play CF. Wisdom is what he is, he'd be batting 7th on a good team but he does seem to be working on going the other way. Hoerner can't stay healthy which is why they had to waste $4M on Simmons. Madrigal, who the hell knows.

They have a lot of promising pieces at AA and below, but figure that only 1 out of every 5 end up getting 500 PA in the majors. Armstrong's floor is an old-school Paul Blair type, his upside is probably Kevin Kiermeier which is a great return for renting Baez. They have a bunch of SS types and a bunch of power hitting RFs, so figure that one of each makes it to an important role in Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:36 pm 

And now Smily walks off the mound injured in the top of the 4th. Looks like they will have to call up Caleb Killian whether they want to or not for the Cardinals' series.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:43 pm 

'22 injured list players & days

Cubs- 19, 566

Sox- 14, 415

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:15 pm 

Boog loves hitter's high exit velo outs. I notice Marquee is using it a lot to prop up a lot of the weak hitting Cubs.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:38 pm 

Happ has sucked tonight. Morel goes and steals 3rd and Happ can't hit a fucking fly ball to drive him in.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:45 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Boog loves hitter's high exit velo outs. I notice Marquee is using it a lot to prop up a lot of the weak hitting Cubs.

haha, mccutchen tore the cover off the ball on an out and no mention of velo. God bless these guys, they know the cubs are garbage...just can't tell us that directly.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:46 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Happ has sucked tonight. Morel goes and steals 3rd and Happ can't hit a fucking fly ball to drive him in.

yeah...happ was 2 strikes in the hole when he stole the base, some how, had to make contact. failed.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
I am surprised they had that orange oaf bunt (Frazier, not Sciambi). Even more surprised that it worked.