It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
whistler wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
good writing, can't argue. he called the cubs' rebuild, shameless.

2 innings and 2 runs with mills, who looks better prepared for a barn raising in lancaster county, pa., than pitching 7 quality innings. ian happ...plays a ball down the line into a triple and then goldschmidt runs on happ's arm - from 1st to 3rd on a hit past the rangeless wisdom to left field. what a mess.

surprised at the criticism directed at rivas - yes, he isn't good. maybe they are tired of the walk-up mariachi music. flaherty is not the same, cubs couldn't do anything with the bases loaded and one out. morel goes fishing for strike 3 and ortega with a 2-hopper to 2nd base. today was let's talk about ortega's bat with taylor mcgregor - and ortega 0-2, lazy pop to CF and 2 hop ground out.

what a mess.

I fucking HATE Rivas.

I feel like Boog has talked him up so much the last 2 years and pisses me off. HATE his guts. He sux dick.

that's why it was so surprising - they have basically a whole roster to take shots at, and they picked on rivas for too many strike-outs & ground balls and not having power at 1st. when the gentleman japanese suzuki comes back, will the cubs DFA someone or will someone develop an acute injury and go on the DL? cubs had no problem DFAing villar when bote came back.

just too many AA & AAA cast-offs at just about every position. they may trade happ, if not, i believe he's a DH. i believe contreras will go. i see morel, hoerner and suzuki as the only automatic starters next year...and that's hoping all 3 of those will be above average career MLBers.

Happ has been surprisingly good in LF this year, except for his arm.

I think Heyward goes on the IL this week as a matter of grace, Ross talking about his knee kinda tips it off. Madrigal or Schwindel comes back, and then when Suzuki comes back they'll send either Rivas or Velasquez down. In that scenario, I don't see Heyward coming back until after the All Star Game unless they manage to trade either Happ or Ortega.

Rivas is a perfectly competent 1980s artificial turf kind of backup 1B/LF/RF. It's not something seen much these days, but there is a place for one of those on a 4-man bench.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i would say that he catches balls which he can get to, not great range. has patented the sliding catch. you're right about his arm, we saw what goldschmidt did yesterday...that's embarrassing. cubs don't have the luxury of OF riches, so if he isn't traded, will prob start in LF next year. to me, a DH for the cubbies.

to me, a mike vail type was the proto-typical backup/platoon guy...great bat against lefties. rivas is nowhere near the same hitting quality.

you could be right about the cubs playing the shell game with heyward. they are using every trick to avoid the dreaded DFA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:19 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Grote was talking about Marquee is playing a Monday outdoor Wrigley Hoyer Q & A with Boog and season ticket holders. Hopefully fans challenge Hoyer with some good questions. On at 9am today and Saturday.