It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
M&H asked perpetual optimist Ron Coomer what is realistic to expect with this weekend's series, and after a pause, CoomDog responded, "it's gonna be a tough series for the Cubs."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Dempster on with M & H the other day. He talked about how valuable data is. But refused to bow to the Score/Marquee data god. Leaning heavily on his own brain, and experience. Different than his "right Boog" during games.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
vitoscotti wrote:
Dempster on with M & H the other day. He talked about how valuable data is. But refused to bow to the Score/Marquee data god. Leaning heavily on his own brain, and experience. Different than his "right Boog" during games.

You really have a strange way of interpreting events

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Boog is becoming insufferable. He doesnt mesh well with any of the other guys they toss in the booth. His awkward self deprecation when JD or Demp correct him on stuff is pretty sad for a professional broadcaster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:44 pm 

Being strictly Android I just can't justify giving my credit card to Apple when I never intend to buy anything to register to watch their MLB games. Hood mentioned problems registering. I assume that bugged him too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Bote back from IL where he's been since Spring Training. Villar DFA. You had to figure that when the TV guys were ripping Villar's defense yesterday that they new it was pretty safe ground to cover.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Go Cards. Kick their dicks in. Fuck Ross, Fuck Jed, Fuck Tom and Fuck Heyward.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Apple TV wtf?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
No TV tonight guys, tune in to 670 AM to hear Pat and Ron on the fuckin call.

Tune in now!

You'll have TV tomorrow, I promise!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Apple TV wtf?!?

It's free?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:31 pm 

even with no TV, Marquee comes out with the Postgame show after the damn game is over.

Professor dominating the Cards yet again, on only 91 pitches.

Very impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
too bad this start wasn't on july 29. i'm hoping for a few more like that and the cubs will get some takers.

listened to bruce levine talk about the cubs today and he made an argument for the chicken or the egg. they'll spend when the club is on the verge...so, if they spent some money, then they'd be on the verge. the only truism - the money is there; don't worry cubs fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
too bad this start wasn't on july 29. i'm hoping for a few more like that and the cubs will get some takers.

listened to bruce levine talk about the cubs today and he made an argument for the chicken or the egg. they'll spend when the club is on the verge...so, if they spent some money, then they'd be on the verge. the only truism - the money is there; don't worry cubs fans.

I'd like them to trade Hendricks to somebody who needs depth. Pay the rest of his 2022 salary, save the money for 2023 and the buyout after that season - totals 17.5M.

Get a prospect back. Maybe a low-A pitcher with a lot of upside like the kid they got in the Dempster deal, who won't have to be put on the 40-man for a couple of offseasons.

Also, David Robertson really should be a Dodger by the end of next week. They lost Daniel Hudson for the rest of the year with a blown ACL last night vs. the Giants, Kimbrel is his usual late-career shaky self, and they've already had a couple of other losses to their bullpen like Blake Treinen. Get'er done, Jed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:08 pm 

Bizarre comments from Heyward in the latest Gordon Wittenmyer article on him. Heyward and his minions have used every card in the book to deflect his being a bust. Leadership, hard worker, 2 Cubs gold gloves, philanthropy, BLM. Now he's using the Joe Maddon "fans aren't smart enough to see the truth" card.

Knowledgeable fans are actually thanking him.

As for what he actually hears, what people at the ballpark or those around town who recognize him are saying, “Thank you. They say, ‘Thank you.’

On fans calling for him to be DFA'd on Twitter.

“They have every right and reason to be in the moment and say, ‘Oh, today this was your result.’ That’s what they know, the things that they do understand. So cool,” Heyward said.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Apple TV wtf?!?

It's free?

You'd figure a fruit like Bob would love Apple TV

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:40 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Apple TV wtf?!?

It's free?

You'd figure a fruit like Bob would love Apple TV

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hard to believe nobody talked about the game yesterday. NOBODY.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:13 am 

Lineups have been curious. Must be hoping throw away guys get hot for trade value. Nelson Velázquez being used sparingly. One thing is for certain, the team is loaded with bums.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:28 am 

cubs fought back and tied the game, 3-3. 8th inning, can't throw a breaking ball because contreras couldn't shift his weight and didn't get behind and to the right of the ball in the dirt. lead run goes to third base with less than 2 out. that lead run scores on a sac fly.

this guy has been mucking up plays at the plate and either was gassed from the heat or too lazy to mitigate a pitch in the dirt. this is why this club loses games. i think he's tuned out, defensively. wants to hit homers to increase the value of his next contract. has generational wealth on the brain.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:58 pm 

Interesting article comparing the two organizations. Still has comments.section.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 1e1b6.html

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:23 pm 

good writing, can't argue. he called the cubs' rebuild, shameless.

2 innings and 2 runs with mills, who looks better prepared for a barn raising in lancaster county, pa., than pitching 7 quality innings. ian happ...plays a ball down the line into a triple and then goldschmidt runs on happ's arm - from 1st to 3rd on a hit past the rangeless wisdom to left field. what a mess.

surprised at the criticism directed at rivas - yes, he isn't good. maybe they are tired of the walk-up mariachi music. flaherty is not the same, cubs couldn't do anything with the bases loaded and one out. morel goes fishing for strike 3 and ortega with a 2-hopper to 2nd base. today was let's talk about ortega's bat with taylor mcgregor - and ortega 0-2, lazy pop to CF and 2 hop ground out.

what a mess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:24 pm 

today's comeback win: super job by the bullpen. even better for some of the trade bait we have. mills rocked, we don't need to see him anymore. swarmer will likely take his place as spot starter/long relief.

if i'm a cards fan, not happy that the bats went to sleep after jumping out to a 5-0 lead.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yeah that’s a really really bad loss for St. Louis. You can’t go up five runs on these fucking bums and then lose the game.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 pm 

I’m so sick of that no chin loser Alex Mills, get him the fuck off this roster!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I’m so sick of that no chin loser Alex Mills, get him the fuck off this roster!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont mind Mills. I think he's an OK pitcher.

Love how he came out and pitched 5 innings of relief in his first appearance from injury.

Fucking amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:58 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

2 innings and 2 runs with mills, who looks better prepared for a barn raising in lancaster county, pa., than pitching 7 quality innings. ian happ...plays a ball down the line into a triple and then goldschmidt runs on happ's arm - from 1st to 3rd on a hit past the rangeless wisdom to left field. what a mess.

surprised at the criticism directed at rivas - yes, he isn't good. maybe they are tired of the walk-up mariachi music. flaherty is not the same, cubs couldn't do anything with the bases loaded and one out. morel goes fishing for strike 3 and ortega with a 2-hopper to 2nd base. today was let's talk about ortega's bat with taylor mcgregor - and ortega 0-2, lazy pop to CF and 2 hop ground out.

what a mess.

I fucking HATE Rivas.

I feel like Boog has talked him up so much the last 2 years and pisses me off. HATE his guts. He sux dick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:01 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Interesting article comparing the two organizations. Still has comments.section.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... 1e1b6.html

Why cant we get good independent pieces like this here?

I feel like we used to, 25 or 30 years ago in our newspapers. Now it's just horseshit.

No critical analysis of ANYTHING. Just a bunch of political ass-kissing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: papa johns
that MAY have been a turning point

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:35 am 

timmyholton wrote:
that MAY have been a turning point

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:11 pm 

whistler wrote:
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:

what a mess.

I fucking HATE Rivas.

I feel like Boog has talked him up so much the last 2 years and pisses me off. HATE his guts. He sux dick.

that's why it was so surprising - they have basically a whole roster to take shots at, and they picked on rivas for too many strike-outs & ground balls and not having power at 1st. when the gentleman japanese suzuki comes back, will the cubs DFA someone or will someone develop an acute injury and go on the DL? cubs had no problem DFAing villar when bote came back.

just too many AA & AAA cast-offs at just about every position. they may trade happ, if not, i believe he's a DH. i believe contreras will go. i see morel, hoerner and suzuki as the only automatic starters next year...and that's hoping all 3 of those will be above average career MLBers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:13 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah that’s a really really bad loss for St. Louis. You can’t go up five runs on these fucking bums and then lose the game.

the cards always get demoralized by an ian happ sliding catch.