It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Core
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:40 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
In fact the Sox are now going through what the Cubs went through, watching their Moncanda's and Robert's become Russell's and Bryant's..aka nobodies.

Verdict still out on Robert. I don't think the Sox have anyone with natural talent and ceiling of Bryant. Eloy certainly has proven to be even less durable.

I also wouldn't compare them as the Cubs did actually win the world series. This core of Sox players hasn't even sniffed a World Series. Theo got really unlikeable, but he did built something pretty fucking special and they pulled one championship out.

I like the '85 Bears comp better, but I'm still betting on the 2005 White Sox to beat the 2016 Cubs.

Good Day, Bob! See you at a local Walgreens for a booster shot.

It's ok Brick assured us this is a sleeping giant with WAVES of talent

May take a new owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
DAC wrote:
One Post wrote:
From 2015-2020 the Cubs made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years, made three straight NLCS, and won a world series. Essentially every regular season game they participated in during that stretch was meaningful. It was wildly entertaining as a fan.

Sure everyone wants to win a title, and that was just wonderful, but honestly, as I get older I'm less and less concerned with the singular goal of a title. Sure, it's great, but I just want to be engaged and entertained. The "Core" Cubs and the rest of the guys on the team provided wonderful entertainment during that six year stretch, was fun to be able to enjoy it.

This is a really good post in an excellent thread overall. I'm not really a fan of any team and as I have gotten older I just enjoy and appreciate the entertainment that sports provide. The NHL playoffs just wrapped up and I was absolutely consumed throughout with the Final being the best series since the 2013 Hawks/Bruins. Just the drama and the unpredictable nature of sports is why I watch. To have your perspective of the Cubs' run and appreciating the enjoyment from the ride is refreshing to hear.

AGreed. The Cubs were very good for a number of years. It was a good run. It's easy to dwell on the let down, but they had a great run.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
yeah 2015-2020 was extremely enjoyable. Best stretch of Cubs baseball I've ever seen, having been born in the mid 80s. three NLCS and WS to boot. Sure, another WS wouldve been great, but I've been pretty damn fortunate in Chicago team success in my life - six Bulls Championships, three Blackhawks Stanley Cups, and first Cubs WS title since 1908.

Stupid ass Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:47 pm 

but justin fields will save everything