It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubs vs Phillies
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Cubs have to be ecstatic with Stroman's 3 outings coming off the IL right before the trade deadline.

Post subject: Re: Cubs vs Phillies
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They have to be thrilled to death with Robertson. He is lights out and everyone needs a great 1 inning guy in the pen. He is also not phased by pitching in a save, non save, 8th inning role. He has no mental block there. They should be able to get a very good prospect for him.

Stro would absolutely help a win now team so maybe someone pays high.

Cubs should clean up in the trade deadline this year if they want to. They might want to keep some guys though....like Wily. Catchers like that dont come around every day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:43 am 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
vitoscotti wrote:
Cubs have to be ecstatic with Stroman's 3 outings coming off the IL right before the trade deadline.

They're not trading him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:25 am 

Peacock game with Jason Benetti, John Kruk, and Marquee Cubs shill Ryan Sweeney. What I've heard from Sweeney he's extremely petrified guarded in his Cubs talk. Will be interesting how that flies with 2 guys who's opinions aren't Marquee shackled. Funny if he pushes the good at bat making an out with good looks, wearing out the pitcher making outs, or high exit velo 0 for 5.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
11:05 am start too. I guess I'll be catching up on the game with Pat and Ron on my way home from church.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
They have to be thrilled to death with Robertson. He is lights out and everyone needs a great 1 inning guy in the pen. He is also not phased by pitching in a save, non save, 8th inning role. He has no mental block there. They should be able to get a very good prospect for him.

Cubs should clean up in the trade deadline this year if they want to. They might want to keep some guys though....like Wily. Catchers like that dont come around every day.

heard a cubs expert on yesterday with rosenbloom - i don't remember what was said about strohman, but the good news is that he believes the cubs will try and move wisdom and ortega (for anything) and 1B matt mervis just got promoted to iowa and the cubs love him. so, rivas will likely stay (he's terrible, but he's cheap) as the back-up and schwinnie and his ADHD ABs will be gone next year. he also says contreras is as good as gone as amaya just came back and had a 3 hit game for AA Tenn as a DH in his first game back. cubs can split gomes & p.j. higgins at C if necessary the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

heard a cubs expert on yesterday with rosenbloom - i don't remember what was said about strohman, but the good news is that he believes the cubs will try and move wisdom and ortega (for anything) and 1B matt mervis just got promoted to iowa and the cubs love him. so, rivas will likely stay (he's terrible, but he's cheap) as the back-up and schwinnie and his ADHD ABs will be gone next year. he also says contreras is as good as gone as amaya just came back and had a 3 hit game for AA Tenn as a DH in his first game back. cubs can split gomes & p.j. higgins at C if necessary the rest of the year.

Stroman is too expensive. It's over 30 million this year and next and another 20 to 25 if he doesn't opt out after 2023. Nobody is going to take him for that type of cash.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:31 pm 

JB calls the homer

Frank S really loafing to first. Thought Ross was a hard ass. Lots of guys loaf to first including the leader.

WSFF you're probably right on the diva. But starters what I'm reading will be in high demand.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
the mets did a few puzzling moves with the pirates..including getting the overweight vogelbach. the injured mccann is their #1 C, but they have nido and mazeika and now, perez.

if the cubs don't get any current MLB players in trades the next few weeks or high-profile free-agents this off-season, could see a 2023 cubs infield of: bote-hoerner-madrigal-mervis, OF of velasquez-morel-suzuki and this trio at C and DH, amaya, gomes and p.j. higgins...throw in heyward as the 4th OF and DH. if they do trade happ, contreras, robertson and get decent returns in the next 2 weeks, 2024 could be the break-out year. heyward's deal will end after 2023 and they'll have even more money to get bona-fide stars in the off-season before the 2024 season.

the red sox just lost 3B devers for 2 weeks, i don't think they'd give anything of value for wisdom.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Rare sweep in philly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
So Schwarber hits a HR in the Phillies' 1st AB of the series and then goes hitless the rest of the time and they lose all 3. I think its hilarious when Cubs twitter pines over him when he hits a HR because they are almost all inconsequential and when he isn't hitting them he is doing absolutely nothing for their offense.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:27 am 

Hoyer's tanking strategy of acquiring one year throw away players to flip at the deadline is getting old. When more prospects are ready it'll be welcome to see this end for the most part, go young, and spend money wisely on free agents who won't tank with big money. Hoyer is a master bs-er. Surprisingly some young players are doing well at the MLB level. I think the thing that could derail the plan is bad money free agents. Hopefully Hoyer learned from Mr knee.