It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubs vs Pirates
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Pirates are an amazing 39 <.500. 10 of the last 13 vs <.500 teams. A rare home / away 6 games to end vs the Reds. Bit discouraging at this point of 2nd year of the rebuild the lack of position players still far off from even a token end of year call-up.

Post subject: Re: Cubs vs Pirates
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Wesnecki just had an immaculate fuckin' innin'.

I'm still not sold. I think it's just lightnin' in a bottle. I'm not a believer you'd get much for a middle reliever who had a good first half.

First Cub immaculate innin' since 9/11/94, Latroy Hawkins did it :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:57 pm 

Bernstein's data god Scott Effross another injury prone Cubs pitch lab guy 31 days IL with the Yankees so far.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
whistler wrote:
Wesnecki just had an immaculate fuckin' innin'.

I'm still not sold. I think it's just lightnin' in a bottle. I'm not a believer you'd get much for a middle reliever who had a good first half.

First Cub immaculate innin' since 9/11/94, Latroy Hawkins did it :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Yankees made a dumb move trading Montgomery for Bader.....maybe this was a similarly bad move?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:19 pm 

It's hard to believe Hermodildo and Rivas are still on the team. And Schwindel is gone. Where is the outrage??!!

No doubt there was something else behind the scenes that we dont know about. Hoyer bullied him outta town for somethin' unrelated to performance. FUCK HIM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
whistler wrote:
It's hard to believe Hermodildo and Rivas are still on the team. And Schwindel is gone. Where is the outrage??!!

No doubt there was something else behind the scenes that we dont know about. Hoyer bullied him outta town for somethin' unrelated to performance. FUCK HIM.

Schwindel got figured out by the league. He's Micah Hoffpauir. Forget about him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:24 pm 

The Schwindel demotion and subsequent release during the season is a rarity for minimum pay Cubs position players of his ilk. His stats were somewhat similar to a lot of the position players left to wither on the vine. And during their horrendous stretches they're praised as outstanding humans, having high baseball IQ's, being mentors, or charitable work. He must not of played the everything is Shangri-La here game and created some sort of discord.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:01 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
The Schwindel demotion and subsequent release during the season is a rarity for minimum pay Cubs position players of his ilk. His stats were somewhat similar to a lot of the position players left to wither on the vine. And during their horrendous stretches they're praised as outstanding humans, having high baseball IQ's, being mentors, or charitable work. He must not of played the everything is Shangri-La here game and created some sort of discord.

Exactly what I'm saying. There's something more to it than we know. Rivas and Hermodildo shoulda never even been Big Leaguers let alone outlast Schwindel.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:46 pm 

What a dumb low-IQ major-leaguer.

Miley wild throw into CF on a bunt (instead of the easy toss to first). And hurts his back doin' it. :lol:

He right away took himself outta the game, walked off, without Ross or a trainer coming to see him. What an embarrassment for BULLY HOYER, here's a guy he told us was gonna be a solid #3 starter :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:25 pm 

Miley hurt again! $10 mil 35 innings. Grandpa will go heavy pg press conference on his clubhouse presence and doling out gifts to rookies bs. Maybe even a great human reference.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i believe that hoyer is firmly in the camp of mlb service time manipulation. the fact that the cubs are playing some players who have no business in the majors tells us they rate triandos, mervis and canario. no small taste of mlb pitching on sept. 1. i don't think triandos will be the starting 3rd baseman next season, but i expect mervis to be a significant upgrade over rivas at 1B.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:06 pm 

Jared Young call up. He's not even a prospect. Ironic how Hoyer always preaches transparency too. Hoyer doesn't want to slide out of the top 10 draft slot either. He's definitely got some pitching prospects. Time will tell how they pan out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Cubs are 33-29 since the All Star break!

White Sox are 30-31