It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
..if big Z got 500 or 600 at bats in this new Era of DH.. I'd say he could hit 30 HRs at least.. What say you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
He'd be a little worse than Wisdom because his K rate would have been 50% going against today's relievers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:45 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Less, he wouldn't be good enough at the plate to DH

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
maybe 7-10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Present day 40 year old Zambrano might hit one HR.

What a terrible thread.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:38 am 

Zambrano for his career had a .636 OPS. The league as a whole had an OPS of .706 in 2022.

Do with that what you wish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:42 pm 

One Post wrote:
Zambrano for his career had a .636 OPS. The league as a whole had an OPS of .706 in 2022.

Do with that what you wish.

Cum Town?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:05 pm 

I just watched a 5 minute clip of Zambrano batting. I knew he was a switch hitter but did not remember he'd sometimes bat from the right side against a right-handed pitcher or vice versa. He would just do whatever the hell he felt like.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
More than Leury ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I just watched a 5 minute clip of Zambrano batting. I knew he was a switch hitter but did not remember he'd sometimes bat from the right side against a right-handed pitcher or vice versa. He would just do whatever the hell he felt like.

Ran into him once on the street.

Dude is a monster. He could have been a helluva football player.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Yeah, I think Michael Barrett regretted challenging him to go into the clubhouse.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:11 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:

He could throw 95 righty and 92 lefty.. dudevwas a freak athlete, if you let him play first base or RF and he pitched 32 games and got 500 ABs..he'd hit 30 HRs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:12 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

How tight end or Def end

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:06 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I read that he is a pastor now. El Toro is now El Pastor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:25 am 

I also vaguely remember the Cubs beat writers on a few occasions saying that Z would play soccer on the field pre game and he was a spectacular player.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:04 am 

None of the idiot beat writers would be able to tell if Zambrano was any fucking good with a soccer ball, they’re assuming he was because he’s Dominican and therefore HAS to be good. They’d say the same thing about Heyward if they saw him dribbling a basketball or that Sam Fuld would’ve made a great accountant if they saw him doing figures on a piece of paper.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:06 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
None of the idiot beat writers would be able to tell if Zambrano was any fucking good with a soccer ball, they’re assuming he was because he’s Dominican and therefore HAS to be good. They’d say the same thing about Heyward if they saw him dribbling a basketball or that Sam Fuld would’ve made a great accountant if they saw him doing figures on a piece of paper.

Uh, actually IIRC it was a situation where Zambrano and several Cubs and several members of the opposing team were playing around on the field before a game, and it was clear that Zambrano was the best guy out there. And you know, the other guys he was playing with were also paid professionally for their athletic prowess and coordination.

I know your bit around here is to be a pile of shit most of the time, but let's let some of these threads be fun OK?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:25 am 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Or Zambrano does play soccer and at one point he was good enough to play with the Fire in a scrimmage.
Quote:
At any rate, it was a success. Zambrano, a 2005 All-Star, was the main show Thursday as the Chicago Fire hosted a media scrimmage before practice at Moody Bible Institute in downtown Chicago. The Venezuelan right-hander was supposed to simply coach and serve as honorary captain for his team, but he ended up turning in another complete game.

In a move that would have surely raised a few eyebrows inside the offices at Wrigley Field, Zambrano started the 40-minute friendly as an attacking midfielder and finished up as goaltender as his "Clark Street Crew" lost 4-1 to Fire coach Dave Sarachan's "South Siders."

"I wasn't tired," said the 6-5, 255-pound Zambrano, of his complete game. "When my body is ready to play, the whole 40 minutes or whatever, I'll be there. ... It's good exercise. You don't see many fat or out-of-shape soccer players."

Zambrano, 24, played about 15 minutes between the pipes, recording five saves, including one block with his pitching hand, and allowed one goal. He didn't score, taking a half-dozen shots, but impressed everyone with his athleticism.

"He's pretty good," said Fire goalkeeper Zach Thornton, who watched Zambrano play his position in the waning minutes of the game. "I just saw him make a move to his right and he looked sharp. I don't know how happy the Cubs are about this."

Zambrano, a soccer buff who has attended a few Fire games as well as the club's match with Real Madrid earlier this summer, didn't think he was taking too much of a risk by playing.

"I didn't get injured, I didn't do nothing wrong," he said. "I play just for fun."

Zambrano played aggressive but smart, rarely putting his big body into any danger, not that this game was very intense. In one situation in goal, Zambrano was out of position and the South Siders had an open net, but his sweeper made a diving stop of a sure goal.

"Sometimes when I have a comebacker, I stop the ball with a palm, so that was what I did," he said. "I'm not trying to do nothing with my fingers because my fingers are fragile."
https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/zambrano ... -game-fire

Not everything has to do with race, you miserable POS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:54 am 

Im shocked , SHOCKED that a fellow prodessional athlete complimented a fellow professional athlete . I really expected “ Well Carlos was really pretty terrible ,its a good thing he chose baseball” . and LOL at “ he dominated a bunch of baseball players kicking around a ball in the outfield ! He was spectacular !! Could have been a pro player !! the beat writers all said so !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:57 am 
100000 CLUB

Miserable POS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Yeah, I think Michael Barrett regretted challenging him to go into the clubhouse.

Doubtful. He's a catcher.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
One Post wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Uh, actually IIRC it was a situation where Zambrano and several Cubs and several members of the opposing team were playing around on the field before a game, and it was clear that Zambrano was the best guy out there. And you know, the other guys he was playing with were also paid professionally for their athletic prowess and coordination.

I know your bit around here is to be a pile of shit most of the time, but let's let some of these threads be fun OK?

Thanks in advance.

Pet peeve alert. There is no such thing as "thanks in advance".