It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubs should be sellers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Lot of bad thoughts about the Cubs being buyers , keeping Bellinger , etc. This team as constructed isnt good and gets boat raced anytime they play good teams. Trade Bellinger for as much as you can get and let some dumbass GM overpay him to the long term deal he’s going to get . Dump Stroman for the bag of balls he’s worth too .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
badrogue17 wrote:
Lot of bad thoughts about the Cubs being buyers , keeping Bellinger , etc. This team as constructed isnt good and gets boat raced anytime they play good teams. Trade Bellinger for as much as you can get and let some dumbass GM overpay him to the long term deal he’s going to get . Dump Stroman for the bag of balls he’s worth too .

I heard on one of the post game cubs shows that they're playing for each other to keep everyone around and not get traded.

What happens then after the trade deadline if they trade nobody? they go back to being shit?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tanking is for losers. Remember all those teenagers they traded Darvish for? None of them amounted to shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:59 pm 

Keep Bellinger, trade Stroman. Even if Bellinger walks that pick you get from the QO will probably be as good as any garbage prospect teams give you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:08 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Keep Bellinger, trade Stroman. Even if Bellinger walks that pick you get from the QO will probably be as good as any garbage prospect teams give you.

We dont often agree on things, but this is my position as well.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:13 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Agreed. Lots of Bulls vibes coming form the local sports hosts. Lets just see them make the playoffs... No, it's World Series or bust and they are not winning the World Series keeping Bellinger or Stroman. SELL SELL!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:14 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Tanking is for losers. Remember all those teenagers they traded Darvish for? None of them amounted to shit.

The difference is Darvish had years left of his contract. The reason you picked up Stroman and Bellinger was to flip them after you sold a few tickets and jerseys. Keeping them makes no sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:17 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The difference is Darvish had years left of his contract. The reason you picked up Stroman and Bellinger was to flip them after you sold a few tickets and jerseys. Keeping them makes no sense.

Trading them for teenagers that will never sniff a level past A ball is a sure fire way to win a WS.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:20 pm 

Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Youre also banking on Bellinger staying hot , not slumping and not getting hurt the rest of the year. He’s in his high point of the season, if you’re not going to sign him anyway I think you’re going to get more for him now from some GM that will overpay for a 2 month rental that think theyre one player away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:21 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Trading them for teenagers that will never sniff a level past A ball is a sure fire way to win a WS.

You’re still getting a prospect via the qualifying offer anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:27 pm 

Sox suck! We should also try to suck! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You’re still getting a prospect via the qualifying offer anyway.

Huh? You only get the pick if you keep him, offer the QO, which he will reject, and he signs elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
badrogue17 wrote:

The SCR boys were really trying to sell the buy or maybe just get rid of Strollman. I’m not sure where they get their marching orders but it’s fools gold to think this team is ready because they beat up the shit Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:47 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Cub trades have produced: Ryan Sandberg who was a throw in from the Phillies. Fergy Jenkins, Sammy Sosa, Arietta/Strop for the bum Feldman. Rizzo for Cashner and Aramis Ramirez.

They also lost J.Carter and L.Brock to other teams rebuilding.

Horrible sports take, "Trading them for teenagers that will never sniff a level past A ball is a sure fire way to win a WS."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:52 pm 

Golden Theo aint here to make those trades. You trust Hoyer to make the right call? He got jack shit for Darvish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:

Owen Cassie will be on the big league team next September..the rest of the guys will never sniff the majors.

I agree with Rogue tho.. this team is not good, I'd sell off any assets and fire Hoyer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Owen Cassie will be on the big league team next September..the rest of the guys will never sniff the majors.

I agree with Rogue tho.. this team is not good, I'd sell off any assets and fire Hoyer.

Cassie strikes out 30% of his plate appearances, although he has cut back on that a bit. Crazy that his ops is as high as it is with that swing in miss in his game.

I'm not saying I'd be a huge seller but I'm not buying with this team.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:
Keep Bellinger, trade Stroman.

I agree with this.

The Cubs are 25-39 (19-26 with Bellinger in the lineup) against teams .500 or better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:52 pm 

312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's not even a top 100 prospect on any major prospect ranking system. Cub fans think he's better than he really is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
They should trade one starting pitcher. Stroman should go, but the Brewers clubhouse totally melted down last year because they traded Hader. But Cleveland is looking for healthy starters due to injuries, so trade them Smyly and bring Wesneski back up.

If they can win 3 of 4 this weekend vs the Cardinals, they will be right back in the division race. Keep Bellinger and slap the QO on him and see if that depresses his market.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Caller Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

He's not even a top 100 prospect on any major prospect ranking system. Cub fans think he's better than he really is.

He is probably a bench 1B/LF/RF, but Dan Pasqua might be a good comp for his ceiling.